10 things you might not know about BrewDog bars
Have you been to a BrewDog bar in the UK? If so, you'll likely be aware that they are havens of hoppy joy. They're places you can go and explore and discover some of the most delicious, exciting and sometimes insanely bizarre craft beers known to man. Or dog. But here are a few things you may not have heard about our bars.
1. Flight boards
Loving the look of what's on the draft boards but just cannot make up your mind? Terrified of committing to one single beer? Flight boards are your polygamous friend. Just select 4 beers you fancy the sound of, and we'll serve up a third of each! Perfect for sharing a few beers with friends or if you just fancy something a bit different. This is an option for any of our draft beers, so get creative and pick n mix!
If you're not quite ready to make a call on what beers you want on your flight board or you're just intrigued by something that's caught your eye, ask for a taster! We offer free little taster splashes of any of our draft beers so you can try before you buy. Oh, and this is totally free. So please, exploit our generosity at your leisure.
3. Cicerone beer server/Certified Cicerone
All our bar staff are encouraged to sit the Cicerone Certified Beer Server exam. This means that they have a sound knowledge of how beer should be stored, served and consumed, so you can be certain what's in your glass is presented to you in the best possible condition. We also encourage our staff who have passed the first level to sit the second level of these exams, the Certified Cicerone. Many of our team already have this qualification and are therefore next-level beer geeks! Pick their brains to your heart's content if you want to find out more geeky details about the beers we stock.
4. 15% off takeaways
That's right, 15% off all bottles and cans of takeaway beer. Ideal for a summer trip to the park!
5. Soft drinks, wines, spirits and cocktails!
Designated driver? Or just not a big fan of beer? No fear! We have a range of wines and spirits that sit at the same standard as our beer selection. No cheap knockoffs here! We also have a range of craft soft drinks in our fridges if you want something ABV-free. Not only that but all our bars have a variety of beer CocktAles available, which are a great alternative way to enjoy beer. Beer is what we're all about, but we don't discriminate.
6. Free wifi
Because who doesn't heart the internetz. Just ask for the password at the bar.
7. Beer schools
If you want to take your beer journey to the next level, enquire about our Beer Schools in any of our bars. Our Certified Beer Server staff (see point 3 above) will sit with you for an hour or two and guide you through a range of different beer styles, tasting and understanding all sorts of beery history and enjoyment as well as pairing them with some delicious meats and cheeses. Some bars also host ad hoc special sessions, focusing on specific styles or breweries, so keep an eye out for those on our events page!
All our bars offer some form of sustenance. Their offering depends on the bar, but you can expect to see anything from artisanal meat and cheese boards to Deep South BBQ to pizza to burgers to scotch eggs and pork pies! There'll always be something to soak up the booze, so ask for a menu next time you stop by.
9. Board games
Because who doesn't dig a few rounds of pop-up pirate or trivial pursuit while sipping on a Punk IPA?! We also exchange a pint for any unwanted games you bring in, so please feel free to donate! The weirder and older, the better…
10. Dogs are allowed!
Any other facts about our bars you think we may have missed?
- Dogs arent allowed inside of the Sao Paulo location, just the outdoor seated area, which is still cool. Yay for dogs. dailyralph04.04.2014
- Freddie, that cocktail is lush. Had it in Underdog a few weeks back, lovely bourbon and raspberry and cranberry. Served in a metal cup so you can still look manly with a fruity drink. Scott D03.04.2014
- The flight board (point 1) is a very good idea. On a similar note, any chance of, say, a 6-pack of mini-growlers for multiple-taste take-aways? Id be first in the queue to buy one! I was in BDSB yesterday and wanted to take away samples of 5 beers not available in bottle format.... Monty03.04.2014
- Bar Staff are willing to play Jenga off the top of your head. Sonowakea02.04.2014
- Do you have the board game Lose Your Shirt in any of your bars? Its a great board game and not many people have heard of it. Andeh! Andeh! Andeh!02.04.2014
- Klimo- that is epic! Haha. Thanks for sharing! BrewDogSarah02.04.2014
- Hey getmeinahalfpipe - yes indeed, BrewDog Stockholm held an entire dinner for dogs! :) Theyre definitely allowed. BrewDogSarah02.04.2014
- Couldnt believe last time I was shordish bd, ordered a 2/3 of jackhammer paid just just about to pick up the glass and the barman stopped me, he wasnt happy how the bubbles were forming around the glass, poured me a fresh one, I wouldnt of been bothered/didnt notice but if the bar staff care that much and that attention to detail about beer you cant go wrong! Make me proud to be a punk! Kilmo02.04.2014
- Well ofc dog should be allowed at BrewDOG bars ;) Syn02.04.2014
- Are doggies allowed in the Stockholm bar? getmeinahalfpipe02.04.2014
- big fan of board games. is it ok if i bring down a copy of Case Blue? John Smith02.04.2014
- What about cats? Although mine balks at the taste of beer, hes still great company when hes awake.. OyvindGG02.04.2014
- That cocktail looks lush - when is Cardiff bar opening :D Freddie G, Cardiff02.04.2014
- Yay for dogs being allowed in! Glad to hear you accept our four legged friends :) Dogs are dudes02.04.2014