Big in Japan – 2009 Tokyo
We have had Rocky, Terminator and Indiana Jones. Now it is our turn.
The word on the street is that Tokyo is making it's long awaited comeback.
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Deep in the BrewDog research laboratory we have been busy working on a bigger, better, bolder, bad-ass Tokyo. Research was only allowed to be carried out between 1 and 3 am, on nights of significant polar winds and impish nature.
It retains the jasmine, the cranberries, the oak-chips, the dry-hops and the inherent ability to create mayhem and reduce supposedly reasonable adults to hysterical, circlular fools:
This year's Tokyo will rock out at 16.5% alcohol. This is dependent on us executing our daring plan: we have pushed the button.
Posted in - our-beers
- Wow, 16.5%?! The new Tokyo is going to be insane. JD25.06.2009
- 16.5% ABV and counting..... :) James, BrewDog24.06.2009
14.6% ABV and counting! James, BrewDog24.06.2009
- Wow, looking forward to this. The old Tokyo was a fantastic beer. Any publicity is good. At least its a funny quote! JD19.06.2009
- Typical low IQ media interviewing clearly will to research or understanding of what you are doing. I would not have been as calm as you. Great beers though, best of luck. Brian Stewart19.06.2009
- Awsome James. I mean seriously why do these health and media professionals even think about delving into things they know nothing about. Mon the Tokyo! magicdave618.06.2009
- Full credit to you, James, for remaining calm in the face of such obtuse questioning.
I missed this beer last time round, cannot wait to try the new batch.
- Classic example of lowest-common denominator reporting from More 4 news, there - we only have 2 minutes, so we have to to pick an attack vector and bloody well stick to it, whatever reasonable and rational position is adopted by our victim... er, sorry, guest on the programme in response.
I despair of the media sometimes, I really do. Darren T17.06.2009
- Tokyo is one of the finest beers around, here`s hoping New Tokyo lives up to that! Kevin Burges16.06.2009