Sainsbury's 2009 Beer Competition Competition
BrewDog completely rocked out the 2009 Sainsbury's Beer 2009 Competition: 3 of the final 15 are BrewDog beers. These beers are now in Sainsbury's stores for you to buy. The 2 winners, which will be given a full listing. The winners will be be the most bought beers by Sainsbury's customers over the next month. So we need your help to try and turn this into a permanent listing!
The wicked thing is that the BrewDog beers in the final 15 are Hardcore IPA, Dogma and Chaos Theory. These represent some of the most extreme and directional beers in our line up and we are really excited that a lot of people are going to be able to try them as a result of this competition.
So here is the challenge peeps
1 - Go to Sainsbury's and buy 20 bottles of BrewDog (Hardcore IPA, Chaos Theory and Dogma), they are on a 4 for the price of 3 deal so this will be good value.
2 - take a picture of the beer you bought and email the picture to email@example.com It does not have to be a super picture or anything, just enough so we can see you bought the beers. Update - we now want to see you in the picture with your beer!
3 - Every person who emails us a picture will be sent a super cool BrewDog goody box including 3 bottles of a very exciting prototype beer which no-one has even heard of yet. Punk Monk! We will also publish all the photos on our blog.
Dogma, the controversial beer originally known as Speedball, and is now available in Sainsbury's branches across the UK as customers are given control to choose which beer from the final 15 will gain a prestigious national listing. Dogma is brewed with Scottish Heather Honey, Californian Poppy, Kola Nut and Guarana.
Joining Dogma on Sainsbury's shelves will be BrewDog's Hardcore IPA - the first 150 IBU+ double IPA ever brewed in the UK. Containing more International Bitterness Units (IBUs) than any other UK beer, it is a huge, insanely hopped West Coast IPA .Find out more here: www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=70
Chaos Theory, a copper pacific IPA which was described by Blog O'Beer's Darren Turpin as a ‘relentless onslaught of flavour upon flavour' will also join the Sainsbury's line up. Chaos Theory has already proved a hit with beer lovers who voted it top in a prototype challenge which BrewDog ran: www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=32
Keep Rocking in the Free World
Update: the photos have already started coming in.....
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Thanks a lot for the beers ,lovely surprise to get so many.Hubby will be very pleased when gets home from work tonight!Though well both be drinkin em! mrs julie simpson01.10.2009
- Cheers very much guys! Got the parcel through this morning and wasnt expecting any near what you gave me, looking forward to delving into Punk Monk and Paradox!! Sam Rodwell30.09.2009
- Wow what a fantastic freeby. Thanks so much for the free beer.
Please keep everyone informed of how you do in the comp.
Lindsay Lindsay Smith29.09.2009
- Cheers fellas for the free booze. good luck with the Sainsburys competion Dominic26.09.2009
- Brian, the draught version of Punk Monk was 6% if I remember correctly. JohnHawthorn10.09.2009
- The very generous goody box arrived this morning - many thanks!
Who knows what strength the Punk Monk is...? Brian Tilley10.09.2009
- Sainsburys in Oldbury have lots...nobody in Olbury drinks anything except meths and carling! Lindsay Mollison Smith09.09.2009
- Craig, I got the beers in the Clarkston Road (Muirend) branch in Glasgow. They were certainly there last Friday. Barm08.09.2009
- Just got my parcel force delivery. I am so looking forward to re-acquainting myself with the Punk Monk. Cheers! John Hawthorn08.09.2009
- Have finally got my hands on some. Made my way to East Kilbride after scouring most of central Scotland for the stuff! Their shelves were full when I started but less so when I finished, although the guy told me they had more in stock. This is the only store in Scotland thats selling it (although it was originally going to be stocked in Cameron Toll too, but I think that plan has been hit on the head!)
Beers chilling as I type!
Yepeee Michael Ironside07.09.2009
- Cheers for the heads up cgarvie. All I can say is that is really, really f**king annoying. Although I have noticed that Peckhams have started carrying Trashy Blonde, Hardcore and Punk. G Dunbar06.09.2009
- Many thanks for the very very generous present brewdogs :) its really made my day pyroclastic joe05.09.2009
- Ok bad news for the Scots. :-( I was in my local store and they knew nothing about it. SO i phoned Sainburries on 0800 636 262 where i have just spent 30+ minutes finding out whats going on. They blame the new scottish legislation (as of the 1st of this month) banning the displaying of Alcohol outwith the Wines and spirits Section. Meaning that there is no place to display the new beers. I managed to get them to find out if anywhere in scotland has the brew dog beers and there is ONE store in all of scotland. Olympia in East Kilbride. SO unless you want to drive out there. All the Scots are out of luck on this one :-(. But do feel free to phone up and enquire maybe then they can be persuaded to change there mind in future craig garvie05.09.2009
- Thanks for your generosity Brewdoggers.
I had to make the usual sacrifice to appease the ParcelForce gods, who I have obviously angered in some way, but the parcel was still a very welcome sight. Jon Gilbert05.09.2009
- I recognise at least one of those as being a cusotmer at Beer-Ritz in Leeds. Mixed emotions. Zak Avery05.09.2009
- Seems the Scottish Sainsburys are being as useless as usual then... Steven02.09.2009
- As of yet these havent appeared in Stirling, Cameron Toll or Straiton Sainsburys! Any stores north of the border stocking it? Michael Ironside02.09.2009
- Yeah – just went to Sainsbury’s at Meadowbank and found nowt. Anyone else know if this offer is on at the Cameron Toll branch in Edinburgh? I am consoling myself with a 75cl Hardcore from Cornelius instead. G Dunbar02.09.2009
- Bugger.some one just did my idea of laying the bottles out in the Brewdog logo. I spent my lunch hour plotting out the bottle layout. Bah. Not that ive had a chance to buy the beer yet craig garvie02.09.2009
- Have these made it to Scotland yet? No sign of any beer festival in the Dundee branch yet. Steven02.09.2009
- Best BrewDog blog idea ever! It is super cool seeing the pictures of the BrewDogs with their beer. Kudos to Sainsburys too for putting together such a good beer festival Emma01.09.2009
- Just emailed in my photo - great idea guys.
Had a bottle of all 3 last night.
Hardcore blew me away. Loved the hop overdose. Dogma and Chaos Theory really tasty too. brilliant to see this type of beers in a supermarket.
Also bought the 2 of the Williams brothers beers. Very very poor. A big let down after the BrewDogs. Adrian01.09.2009
- Sainsburys in Basildon has all three with plenty of stock Jonathan Thombs01.09.2009
- Under the cap of one of the Williams Brothers Brewery Sainsburys Finalists there is a golden dubloon..... The finder of which shall inherhit the lost treasure of Atlantis, If they are balding their hair willl grow back & their private parts will grow to an unimaginable size & girth. ;)
So go buy 50 bottles of each of the 4 finalist from your local Sainsburys & make all your wildest dreams come true!! Williams Brothers01.09.2009
- The beers are now in both my local Sainsburys, but the competition beers are in a separate aisle from the normal beers so you need to look around. Ed01.09.2009
- I cant get them either from
Winchmore Hill, however i do have a cask of punk monk in the cellar at the rake! magicdave631.08.2009
- Unfair ! no sainsbury in italy... but you bet we will have the saint the monk and the whole church... and Zephyr as a wedding present. lorenzo31.08.2009
- All three beers were in my local Sainsburys in Torquay last week. Ive just emailed you guys a picture of the bottles! Brian Tilley31.08.2009
- just had some punk monk at the white horse in Parsons green.....mmm,very nice.Are there any brewdog t.shirts available ? Brian alcock30.08.2009
- I cannot take part in this as Sainsburys did not send any beerfest goodies over to their Northern Ireland stores. And I mean none at all, to any of the stores, no BrewDog, no Williams, nothing. And no explanation either.
Just as well I can rely on GapWines.
Can I still have a goody box? Ed30.08.2009
- They have had all of them at my local Sainsburys in Crayford, Kent for the last week and a bit. Been stocking up already... David M30.08.2009
- G Dunbar - BrewDog is a religion...... James, BrewDog30.08.2009
- Count me in! So with 5AM Saint and now the mysterious Punk Monk, are BrewDog getting religion...? G Dunbar30.08.2009
- You can get it on the sainsbury website! Alastair30.08.2009
- Any idea which Sainsburys will be stocking them down in the South East? I have rung around and no-one does. Pete Brissenden30.08.2009
- Easier said than done. I have been in 4 Sainsburys in the Watford + Harrow area over the last week and have not seen a single bottle of your beer on sale. I have been holding off from mail ordering (as I usually do) because of this Sainsburys offer and I am really gagging now. Help! Bob Watson30.08.2009
- `they are on a 3 for the price of 4 deal
Do you mean 4 for the price of 3? Woolpack Dave30.08.2009
- That is an awesome deal. I am going down there today. Never had Dogma yet but Chaos Theory is amazing. Hardcore is great too. Russell Brown30.08.2009