Going wild in the aisles
There really is nothing more bracing in life than coming face to face with the general public. Especially when its for eight hours at a time in the alcoholic drinks aisle of a supermarket.
For the past week, we've been traversing the country in a bid to spread the BrewDog gospel as well as treating shoppers to a little bit of beer goodness mid-supermarket sweep.
There have been highs. There have been lows. But now for the very first time BrewDog proudly presents to you the top five quotes from our week of instore tastings.
5.“You and that company are to blame for all Scotland's problems *pause* well drinking problems anyway.”
4.“I just heard about your new one, Granny State. It's a bit of a strange name for a beer.”
3.*After sampling Punk IPA* “F@!* me, that's disgusting. That's one of those really cheap and nasty German beers isn't it? I'll stick to the Bud.”
2.“I don't care what it is you're selling. I just need to find the American ginger ale. You have no idea how imperative it is I find the American ginger ale.”
And finally, “ I would love some but I'm on pretty strong medication at the moment. Also I don't think I'm allowed to drink on day release. I'll run it past the warden when I go back. Have a pleasent day.”
Posted in - beer-tasting
- Alex, I beg to differ, it was probably your mum! Rod06.10.2009
- Some classics there - I bet the day-release one was from Dundee! Alex06.10.2009
- AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! F*!king awesome, genius, I knew you lot were responsible for ALL of scotlands problems! Glyn Roberts02.10.2009
- Fuck me, Paradox and Riptide on the shelves in Tesco! Make sure that rolls all the way down souf, past London, and into lovely Kent. markdredge01.10.2009
- Brewdog make beer? I thought they were a clothing company. magicdave601.10.2009
Will you be hitting any london stores at any point? James T01.10.2009
- Hahahahahah! Priceless.
Its hard educating people that are so narrow minded.
While in America I heard an English person say about a quality German lager just tastes like carling but weaker Will01.10.2009
- #3 had me rolling on the floor. Hilarious, although all too horribly typical, I suspect. Darren T01.10.2009