Nanny State Label and Text
A paranoid hop overdose for a PC generation
Society today is an all too dangerous place.
ASBO-ed three year olds loitering in alley ways, CCTV recording our every move and misplaced suitcases grinding entire public transport infrastructures to a halt.
No wonder you've been reduced to a quivering wreck, battening down the hatches at three in the afternoon with Ofcom on speed dial.
At BrewDog we appreciate your inability to know your limits - especially when it comes to alcohol – which is why we've created Nanny State.
This idiosyncratic little beer is a gentle smack in the right direction.
It's time to draw your net curtains, sit back with Nanny and watch your favourite episode of Last Of The Summer Wine. It's finally safe to enjoy alcohol again.
Please note: BrewDog recommends that you only drink this beer whilst wearing the necessary personal protective equipment and in a premises that has passed a full health and safety risk assessment for optimum enjoyment.
As always we want to hear what you think! Please feel free to suggest any amendments or additional lines/comments. Your prose could even end up gracing the final label!
Ask your Mum's permission and get hold of some now.. http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=41
Posted in - our-beers
- Just cracked one open - wow! John07.10.2009
- I SO hope that you are sending a batch to Hollyrood... Dale06.10.2009
- Tried it on cask in the Bow Bar (Edinburgh) on Saturday. Was a bit sceptical, but it is a really great beer.
Incredible hoppy aroma and not too bitter, which was my worry for such a weak beer.
Would definitely recommend it! half man half pint05.10.2009
- I am sorry smacking is almost certainly illegal, even if metaphorical. You need to reword that as it might be taken to imply that you condoned the idea of violence against the children.
This beer is a stern lecture in the right direction and if you do not like it you will be sent to your room for the rest of the evening FrancisT05.10.2009
- Committed to social responsibility. Adam Prendergast04.10.2009
- Such creative, imagintive, inspired genus.
Where can I get a bottle of this nectar in Hampshire?
Send a case to the Portman group!
This beer should fly off the shelves
Congratulations David Blaikie04.10.2009
- Can you do a beer at -1% ! David04.10.2009
- Best label text yet - now get the labels printed, bottles labelled and posted! John03.10.2009
- Does it come in a plastic bottle? Craig03.10.2009
- What a response to alcohol Scotland and the Portman group, lets see them put that in their NHS safety approved no tobacco pipes and smoke it Joe Clark03.10.2009
- Brilliant. Best, most sarcastic labelling I have ever seen on anything. Now I really wanna try some! Sally Monster03.10.2009
- MAn can i just say, I was stunned at how much flavour this packed... And while at first i was worried that i was gonna be difficult to drink, id sunk the pint before i knew it. craig garvie03.10.2009
- Please enjoy responsibly! Richard03.10.2009