Going wild in the aisles - Volume 2
This weekend saw us embark on a second gruelling round of instore tastings in another of the UK's supermarket monoliths.
In between cracking open bottles of Paradox Isles of Arran, Trashy Blonde and Rip Tide, we were treated to a dose of what can only be decribed as 'the genius of the general public at large'.
Sit back, relax and adopt the necessary position when you hear 'brace, brace' as we unleash another of our top five quotes from the realm of the instore tasting.
5. *A pleasent American chap on the forgotten joys of home brewing* "I love craft beer, so much so I used to be really into home brewing. Then there was this one time I made a batch and everyone got sick. I decided never to home brew again. I'm also not allowed to live in that particular state anymore."
4. "If your beers were cheaper I'd buy half a dozen." "Why don't you just treat yourself to three then?" "Eh, goodbye."
3. "I saw a photo from your equity thing in the paper. Do I get to keep one of those punk models when I buy a share?" "I'm afraid not." "Do I get to keep you when I buy a share?" "No." "Am I scaring you?" "A little."
2. *Two men pushing a trolley loaded with cheap looking, brightly coloured alcopops take a swipe at Trashy Blonde* "Look at the label on this beer bottle - must be women's beer. No man who's a man drinks from a bottle with a purple label like that."
1. "I only drink beer from a can."
Posted in - beer-tasting
- What a beer what a night what a show! we need more. This is gonna take off. well done every 1 at the brewery. (canines included)
- Ha! 1. I Only drink beer from a can.
Might as well just tell you that the Chemicals in your beer are weak, if my lager does not burn on the way down its just not got it...
Arent people awesome! No? Yeah, your right... Dale01.11.2009
- We are a barware supplier, and we would ove to be associated with Brew Dog, how do we invest and work alongside you possible supplying products for events etc. We do polycarbonate nucleated beer glasses, hi balls, bottle openers, bottle straws etc.
We would love to hear from you, take a look at our website http://www.acsbarware.co.uk/ Laura Docherty28.10.2009
- You can catch us next this coming Friday at Dundees Sainsburys for more fun in the aisles! Mhairi BrewDog27.10.2009
- I only drink beer from a can - genuis! :) Matt26.10.2009
- I love all your beers.
I am glad more and more of them are available in Sweden now. Per-Ola Eriksson26.10.2009
- what shop or supermarket is this then as I have yet to taste Cult Lager and would like to try and buy some. alan robertson25.10.2009
- Ha! I love these blogs. Where can we next experience a tasting Mhairi? Fiona25.10.2009