BrewDog Gems from the Google Russian translator
It's fair to say some members of the BrewDog team may have developed a soft spot for Aleksandr Orlov – perhaps better known as the Russian genius behind Compare the Meerkat and the subsequent introduction of 'simples' to the English vocabulary.
Over the past few weeks this 'soft spot' has evolved. Considerably. Now Russian lessons have become BrewDog company policy with the brewery hoping to complete the lingual switch over by January 2010.
Learning Russian had not been easy; until we discovered the Google translator which has been helping us understand what our Russian friends are blogging about every since.
Here's our favourite quotes from some Russian blogs about BrewDog and our beers. Something tells us things aren't quite right though...
1. BrewDog's manic approach and knowledge of explosives is what keeps the brewery ticking -
"It seems that the Brew Dog really blew up the local market. All of them go crazy.”
2. If only BrewDog didn't discriminate so openly against other ethnic groups perhaps we'd get more investors -
"Currently Brew Dog put shares on the market. Invites investors. I would have bought a pleasure of their shares. But alas, it only white residents of the EU. Look their video presentation"
3. BrewDog's secret to its famous Brewhouse mashed potato? Always have extra utensils to hand -
"Brewhouse Mash contains backup and cooking pot, allow prepare 1,600 liters of wort per brew."
4. Everyone needs good neighbours, including brewers working in Scotland who need to borrow hops -
"When cooking use only the best natural raw materials: malt used local and imported hops (from the neighbor of England)"
5. And finally, our favourite; James and Bracken do look awfully alike at times -
"There is a brewery and there is mascot - a dog is the father of James, is called Brekin (fern). This chocolate-colored Labrador."
Posted in - news
- jhgwefi http://redtoppiscw.com topdstyoppo23.11.2009
- Haha. I see a link to my russian blog: http://tolstovenator.blogspot.com/search/label/BrewDog%20Brewery :) Zheka03.11.2009
- Awesomes! Dale03.11.2009
- Unbelievably cool. you should forget all the Portman bashing and Stone collaboration nonsense, just focus on what the people want: little Russian meerkats with a loose grasp of English. Jo03.11.2009