The BrewDog Boys Bark Again At Borough
After a controversial year, those boys from BrewDog arecoming back to Borough to showcase BrewDog beers.
lovebeer@borough is once again playing host to Scotland’s least tamed brewing duo, James Watt & Martin Dickie from BrewDog.
The pair will be bringing a pack of seriously wild beers with them too, offering you the chance to try the very limited edition Christmas beer Shark, of which only 30 will be available, and a very, very special beer that they haven’t even told us about yet!
- 77 Lager – A Lager that actually tastes of something? You have to be kidding, right? 77 lager is made with 100% malt and whole leaf hops. It contains no preservatives, additives, cheap substitutes or any other junk
- Trashy Blonde - you just cant get the compulsive malt body and gorgeous dirty blonde colour out of your head. The seductive lure of the sassy passion fruit hop proves too much to resist. All that is even before we get onto the fact that there are no additives preservatives, pasteurization or strings attached
- 5am Saint – an amber red ale with low bitterness but an insanely hoppy aroma, this will really play with your perceptions and then offer up a prayer of thanks to the gods of hops!
- Bashah – when you put iconic American brewers Stone and the BrewDog boys in the same room, all mayhem was bound to break loose, which is exactly what happened with this incredible Double Black Belgian IPA
- Paradox Isle of Arran – another joint venture where we use the casks from the small but perfectly formed Isle of Arran distillery’s casks, which have mostly been previously used to age sherry lending this edition of Paradox a little more sweetness which is balanced by hints of cinnamon and ginger with lovely aromatic, zesty fruit flavours
- Shark Beer – this is the brewery’s special edition Christmas beer, of which only 30 bottles will be released, just think how rare this beer is, worth the price of admission alone!
- Zephyr - after exactly 600 days of maturation, micro-oxidation, dedication, deliberation and celebration, Zephyr, the strawberry refermented double IPA matured in a 1965 InverGordon grain whisky cask is bottled and then undergoes a second bottle conditioning – it’s an utterly sublime and unique offering
- and a very special top secret beer to round things off.
Tickets are just £15 and there are currently two tasting events scheduled, on Saturday November 21 at 1pm and 3.30pm, but tickets are already in demand by word of mouth alone, so more announcements may follow.
Tickets are available from Utobeer or the Rake (14 Winchester Walk, Borough Market, London, SE1 9AG) or by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7378 9461.
lovebeer@borough is based above the multi award-winning Rake, in the world-famous Borough Market, and offers a range of tasting experiences for corporate clients as well as an intimate space for brand launches or meetings.
The award-winning Rake, above which lovebeer@borough is based, will also be showcasing BrewDog’s beers on handpull and in bottle, for more information on this visit the Rake’s Facebook group.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Simon - you can watch the union any time with the number of games they play. Brewdog is far more special, exciting, and interesting. :-) Rich13.11.2009
- Damn, at Twickenham for Eng V NZ otherwise would have been there like a shot......go on do another on the Sunday.....please. Simon Smith (@WindsorBeerFest)12.11.2009
- Hurrah! Im signed up for this :-) Rich12.11.2009
- hmm... can I justify heading south for the weekend??? vittorio, therinkery.blogspot.com11.11.2009