Caption Competition 6: The Nanny State
Win a case of BrewDog beer and a BrewDog t-shirt! This photo comes courtesy of our friends (thanks Daniel and Carl) at www.schnille.se , Schille och Schmak - 2 of Sweden's finest craft beer evangelists. Their blog is awesome and I am eternally grateful for the google translate function, even though the Russian google translator once came up with 'a dog is the father of James' http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=194
*UPDATE - WINNER ANNOUNCED*
When Carl joined the police force, he took the mission statement - To Protect and Serve - a little too literally...
Simon Bridgwater Simon - email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize!
- The Portman Empire were struggling against the young Jedi knights at BrewDog so they enlisted Darth Vadar who himself lost his colour and turned towards the light side of the force.
John C. Robertson 18.11.2009
- The Portman Group representative had to go to extraordinary lengths to preserve his anonimity.
Alan Robertson 18.11.2009
- Tom Hanks stars in the lastest Hollywood Brewdogbuster Saving Nanny State.
kenneth wilkinson 18.11.2009
If you need inspiration, here is the Nanny State Label Text:
A paranoid hop overdose for a PC generation
Society today is an all too dangerous place.
ASBO-ed three year olds loitering in alley ways, CCTV recording our every move and misplaced suitcases grinding entire public transport infrastructures to a halt.
No wonder you've been reduced to a quivering wreck, battening down the hatches at three in the afternoon with Ofcom on speed dial.
At BrewDog we appreciate your inability to know your limits - especially when it comes to alcohol – which is why we've created Nanny State.
This idiosyncratic little beer is a gentle smack in the right direction.
It's time to draw your net curtains, sit back with Nanny and watch your favourite episode of Last Of The Summer Wine. It's finally safe to enjoy alcohol again.
Please note: BrewDog recommends that you only drink this beer whilst wearing the necessary personal protective equipment and in a premises that has passed a full health and safety risk assessment for optimum enjoyment.
Posted in - caption-competitions
- Man, this beer makes you fart...... Rob McGregor04.12.2009
- Col. Mustard did her in the Library with his candlestick. Phil Wilcox03.12.2009
- Barbara was not about to let her germophobia interfere with her enjoyment of quality beer. Gareth Young01.12.2009
- hey look what it says on the back - This side towards enemy Chris Myers01.12.2009
- I understand the one below might not be suitable so: Drink fast to avoid risk of arrest by The Flavour Police. james airley29.11.2009
- Approved by Jack Law. The cunt. James Airley29.11.2009
- Warning: If you wish for the government to do your thinking, this is not the beer for you.
This warning has NOT been approved by the Ministry of Beer. Michael Montgomery29.11.2009
- Slowly and calmly absorb ANNNY TASTE that hits yours senses. Francesca Manca27.11.2009
- The height of irresponsibility! Is that really a GLASS bottle?
More power to your elbow - sod the Nu Puritans! Ian Hunter27.11.2009
- Man the f*ck up, hippy Steve Armstrong26.11.2009
- WARNING: Bottle-caps can pose a serious health risk. Do not attempt to open bottle yourself without a qualified first aider on the premisis. Andrew Sharp24.11.2009
- Government Warning : Honhumpf hommmfpfpfhonnnf humfuf hon hannumpf ! SubCapt21.11.2009
- Nanny State: Youths will need to consume at least 10 bottles before being pissed enough to start harassing you. So why not hand them out in YOUR neighbourhood? Lindsey Crawford21.11.2009
- When Carl joined the police force, he took the mission statement - To Protect and Serve - a little too literally... Simon Bridgwater21.11.2009
- Govt warning:Even Action man could not handle the taste of this little brew. fluff stuff20.11.2009
- Nicola Sturgeon had to put on a disguise to make her more attractive when promoting the SNP minimum price per unit plan. John C. Robertson20.11.2009
- Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Malcolm Downie20.11.2009
- If this label doesnt pass your scrutiny, Mr P, you know where you can shove the bottle, dont you? Hopjuice20.11.2009
- Government Warning! Nanny State only to be drunk in NBC conditions - Never Brewingly Compromised. Alan Robertson19.11.2009
- Contents under extreme deliciousness. Open with caution. Ben Wideman19.11.2009
- Nuclear fallout from WW3 caused fresh water supplies to become highly radioactive, so the survivors were forced to find an alternative. Post-apocolyptic life may not be so bad after all.. Paul H19.11.2009
- Nanny State - Drink Irresponsibly Ben Topping19.11.2009
- Nanny State is an anagram of "Nnnasty tea". You have been warned. Toby darlin19.11.2009
- The Portman Empire were struggling against the young Jedi knights at BrewDog so they enlisted Darth Vadar who himself lost his colour and turned towards the light side of the force. John C. Robertson18.11.2009
- Health and Safety: Nanny takes no chances.. Simon Treacy18.11.2009
- The Portman Group representative had to go to extraordinary lengths to preserve his anonimity. Alan Robertson18.11.2009
- As the clocks strike thirteen it was time for a beer. Kevin White18.11.2009
- Health & Softy Pete Di-Murro18.11.2009
- Nanny State: personal protective equipment not included! Blair Wilgus18.11.2009
- harriet harmans urine sample arrives for testing Kenny Birney18.11.2009
- Nanny State: the beer you *can* drink on the job. Mr Jack18.11.2009
- Forget CS spray, this will incapacitate any tasteless lager swilling thug. Chris Myers18.11.2009
- Nanny State - A beer for the Nuclear Generation Andrew Shand18.11.2009
- Bracken the brew dog has been on the curry again - so only thing for it full body protection oh some weak beer. uncle wilco18.11.2009
- Im a fire moose and my antlers are baked!!! magicdave618.11.2009
- Tom Hanks stars in the lastest Hollywood Brewdogbuster Saving Nanny State. kenneth wilkinson18.11.2009
- Suddenly Barry realised that the proper safety equipment, espescially his germ filtration mask, would prevent him from drinking beer... Gareth Young18.11.2009
- Nanny State: One for the whole family to enjoy (including the deranged militant uncle whod you prefer would only visit once or twice a year at best) Sam Rodwell18.11.2009
- Government warning: This beer will not make you fall about and be abusive to others. John C . Robertson18.11.2009
- Au-peres need not apply Fleur18.11.2009
- The Nanny state where even farting is a crime. craig garvie18.11.2009
- Your Mission: To infiltrate and capture the tastebuds of bland beer drinkers world wide.
Your Weapon: Nanny State. Mike Logsdon18.11.2009
- The Portman Group`s lab tester took all the necessary precautions against inhalation-based inebriety that such a brew could cause. Matt Gray18.11.2009
- Keep Calm and Carry a Bottle Opener Peter Tye17.11.2009
- THIS is a hop-grenade! USE it to temporarily disable your enemies if in a close-combat environment!
(Daniel from Schnille.se, the guy behind the camera) Daniel L Gruneau17.11.2009
- Modern Warfare 6 - The Scourge of the binge drinkers! Dale17.11.2009
- Nanny State - The beer endorsed by Big Brother. Dylan J17.11.2009
- Drink responsibly.
(Carl from Schnille - the guy behind the mask) Carl Ralph17.11.2009
- The craft beer revolution just failed to gather any momentum as the rebels plans got got all caught up in health and safety legislation. Adrian17.11.2009
- Sorry Mr Poley - unfortunately Portman Group guidelines prohibit us from giving you the antidote. Stewart Allan17.11.2009
- Nanny State - Only to be consumed whilst wearing full Protective equipment - By order of the state. Dale17.11.2009
- My caption:
Keeping you safe from yourself. No active thought required Alexander Davis17.11.2009