Equity for Punks: Questions and Answers
Here is some of the most commonly asked questions on Equity for Punks and some enlightening answers.
1) I live in Italy, can I still invest?
Yes, anyone can invest. The application website has just been fixed to make it easy for non-UK residents to enter their address. This should make buying part of BrewDog easy, wherever you are. www.equityforpunks.com
2) What are the exact benefits to being a shareholder, what do I get for £230?
· Full Dividend Entitlement, equal to that of existing shareholders
· 20% Lifetime online shop discount
· Owning your very own part of BrewDog: The brand, the brewery and the beers!
· Owning part of our awesome new energy self sufficient brewery
· Owning part of our new BrewPub in Aberdeen and subsequent BrewPubs
· Sell and trade your shares on www.equityforpunks.com or at a potential later listing
· Sharing in our future growth
· Having your say in how the company is run and vote on key decisions online
· Being able to buy your own beer in shops and bars
· Literally become richer with every BrewDog beer you drink
3) How much you the company will I actually own if I buy one £230 share?
0.001% of BrewDog PLC
4) What involvement do I get in BrewDog?
Via www.equityforpunks.com you will be able to discuss the company’s growth, performance and key decisions. You will also be able to vote on issues such as product development, new equipment and marketing strategies. We want to give you as much involvement in the company as we can, we want to out you in the driver’s seat and let you know what it is like to run a brewery. We will also make financial information available and shareholders will also be able to access video updates from Martin and James on how BrewDog PLC is doing.
5) How does this differ from a conventional investment.
For many reasons. Firstly we are giving you an involvement in how our company is run, you are going to be able to have a real influence in how we grow our company. Secondly you have the amazing online shop discount. This is not an investment where you will double you money in 12 months. It is however a sound long term investment with genuinely great growth potential and the ability for you to make a great financial return as well as benefiting from the discount and involvement.
6) Will I own part of the pub business too?
Yes. BrewDog PLC covers all aspects of our business.
7) Can I buy shares for a gift?
Yes, you can buy shares for anyone and what could be a better Christmas gift than part of BrewDog?
8) How can I sell or transfer my sales?
We will have a system on www.equityforpunks.com where you can buy, sell and trade shares. This will be a match-bargain system, kinda like ebay but for BrewDog shares. It is our intention to move to a public listing and when we do you will also be able to trade your shares on the market.
9) If 4 of us club together and buy 1 share, do we all get the 20% discount?
Yes, you can name up to 4 people on the application and each one will get the discount. Thus making the effective minimum price £57.50, as long as you can find 3 friends who want to share the investment with you!
Our growth so far has been phenomenal. With that growth all set to continue we want you to share in our future success and own your very own part of BrewDog. What could be cooler than owning part of your own brewery and drinking your own beer?
You can invest at www.equityforpunks.com
If anyone has any further questions just leave them as comments below and I will answer them for you.
This is going to be an awesome journey, we want to take you with us on it.
Posted in - business-for-punks
- I was initially under the impression that Americans are not allowed to invest but your first question above almost suggests we can. I am an american living in Scotland for another year or two. Can i legally invest and what are the issues involved? Blair Wilgus03.12.2009
- Hi there
It is a great story. From an investment perspective how have you reached the company valuation of £23m pounds
Milo Milo Harris01.12.2009