Equity For Punks
For our Equity for Punks project to proceed, and as outlined in the legal terms and conditions of our prospectus, we needed to reach £500,000 of investment by Today, 8th of January. On the 6th of January we had reached £470,000 of investment and were agonisingly close to our target but with not much time left on the clock. With the offer due to close on the 8th of January and being so close to the target, we took the decision to extend the offer period until 19th February to help ensure we hit, and hopefully exceed the £500,000 mark.
As it turns out we managed to hit our target with £503,000 being raised by the deadline. However we had to make a decision on this a couple of days ago when the outcome was still very much in the balance and we decided to extend the period until 19th February to ensure we reached and hopefully exceeded our target.
As the offer was due to close on 8th January, many of you will be eagerly awaiting your 20% discount code details. A discount code has been emailed to all shareholders. If you have not received this yet send an email to James or Martin. This will be an interim discount code which will give shareholders their discount for the period before their share certificates arrive. We will also provide details of the login to the forum and shareholders website area with the share certificates
We also now have a ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme in place. If you can convince one of your friends to invest in BrewDog PLC, we will send you a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin and a bottle of Tokyo*. Simply get your friend to invest then drop me an email with their details (their name will be enough) and your postal address and we will send you a very much coveted bottle of our 32% beer!
2010 has started well for us, we have a very solid order book for January and February and our new FD is looking like a great addition to our growing team, you can learn more about Ian here: http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=230
The offer is still very much open so persuade your friends and family to invest in BrewDog and be part of this journey with us, the more money we can raise now the faster we can grow our business over the next few years. The final deadline will now be 19th February.
Thanks for taking a leap of faith and buying into our little company. Martin, James, Bracken and our team are completely dedicated to ensuring a good return for all investors and hopefully a bit of fun along the way too!
There are still shares available, you can join the growing community of BrewDog investors at www.equityforpunks.com
- Just discovered the 20% discount does not apply to punkdog. Not impressed! Any other parts of the business not included in the share offer? Iain22.01.2010
- Was going to buy shares mainly for the 20% discount but the beers i like (riptide, paradox, chaos, hardcore) are frequently out of stock. Will this situation improve? Alan21.01.2010
- I have my own views on this share issue which I have shared with brewdog management, and am still waiting on critical questions to be answered. Financial investment - Yes, but the 10000 shares only represent around 9 percent of the total equity in the company. Brewdog is a company allegedly worth in the region of 25million and I have bought 12 shares. Only time will tell how the shares will perform and many different scenarios will affect the share price but ignoring the established money markets and financial establishments and electing for an e-ipo is a huge gamble. As with any other share, do not invest more than you can afford to lose and be prepared to sell come 1 January 2013. Alan13.01.2010
- A membership? So you are telling me NOW that I went and bought TEN membershipcards instead of making what I believed to be a solid investment?!? If this is so, I will sue. Tell me you are joking. OleFattGuy13.01.2010
- Fairzo, you are completely correct. My thoughts are in retrospect that this is how it should have been sold. This might have prevented the backlash from the financial sector who put off many potential investors. Still I feel content in my decision. luke11.01.2010
- Guess this limited uptake is one of the reasons that Brewdogs first pub, The Marischal Bar in Aberdeen, hasnt got off the ground yet. John Barras11.01.2010
- Luke, I may be wrong but I think this needs to be viewed as a membership with benefits rather than a moneymaking investment. Happy to be shot down in flames though. Fairzo11.01.2010
- This is great news guys
Im looking forward to seeing the growth of the company of the next
However, I am sceptical about seeing any return of investment at all. I feel the only real monies we will make is purely the product discount
Please enlighten me if I am wrong Luke11.01.2010
- Great news, good to be part of an inspirational company. Its been asked elsewhere, but not sure its been answered, what happens to any shares unsold at the deadline? Fairzo09.01.2010
- Congratulations guys, thats great news, Im very pleased for you. And seeing as youve extended the share offer to close on my birthday, I might ask for shares as a present. ZakAvery09.01.2010
- Hurrah! The shares are shared. Victory for all of us who decided to join you.
My delivery of 6 boxes arrived this afternoon before I read the news. Had a couple of 5AM Saint to celebrate. Was sad to see the Fucking go from the label, but I suppose that was a sad inevitability.
That bottle of TNP keeps looking at me too. But I already have a special occassion to save it for. Douglas MacIntyre08.01.2010
- Oh i just couldnt help myself. Ive cracked open a Bashah... i wanted a Tokyo* (my Top Dog) but after several 10% tonight that would have been a step to far. So here to Me and Our brewery craig garvie08.01.2010
- OH if i hadnt had sooooo much tonight already, id crack open a Dog just to toast myself. Ah well maybe for breakfast. craig garvie08.01.2010
- Well done guys in pushing the boundaries once again in this imaginative and collaborative capital-raising endeavour.
Get a BrewDog brewpub opened down in the Lothians. Offering franchises?
- Its a great feeling to know I am a shareholder in such a fantastic company. Now on to buy Selhurst Park! Jason Axell08.01.2010