ALT – T
Whilst Martin, James and Bracken are busy making beer, selling beer and eating biscuits (respectively) they asked me to get my sketchbooks out and have a go at designing some alternative BrewDog t-shirts. You can see the original options here.
The alternative BrewDog T-shirt collection features 2 designs, available in black on white or white on black (ladies: I’ll have a little word with the boss and see if we can have some girls’ tees printed too). Each design was delicately drawn by hand in pen and ink, with a little bottle of Punk IPA as liquid inspiration.
First up is HopSkull – an intricately inked skull of hops, surrounded by gothic flourishes, spider’s webs and rambling foliage. It’s dark, a little scary but with a strangely enchanting beauty.
PictoPunk takes inspiration from tattoo art and graffiti; a stenciled bottle of Punk IPA is entwined in barbed wire and chains, surrounded by BrewDog-esque paraphernalia – all delicately hand penned in muted shades of grey, interrupted by splashes of BrewDog blue.
So what do you think? Yes? No? Maybe? Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts – they are your t-shirts, you help decide!
I’ve also been working with BrewDog’s favourite photographer David Branfield on a collaboration piece, using some of my hand drawn illustrations overlaid over his super cool photos (click here to see behind the scenes of David’s most recent BrewDog photoshoot) The David v Johanna Mash-up combines slick photography with delicate hand penned ink, ripe for a little BrewDog fly poster action…
In the meantime you can get your paws on one of 3 rather cool Dog Desktops featuring the PictoPunk design in a black or white background or the David v Johanna Mash-up – perfect for pledging you allegiance and pimping your desktop. Click the links below to download your own little piece of the Dog.
PictoPunk (white background)
PictoPunk (black background)
David v Johanna Mash-up
For a whole world of inky delights like these, check out my website.
Posted in - news
- pictopunk is beautiful. Jen Phillips21.02.2010
- David v Johanna Mash-up is my favourite. It just leaps of the page Paulo Rodrigues17.02.2010
- love the graffiti punk ipa one on black, the splashes of blue look awesome. just made it my desktop at work! will definitely buy one when they are made.
the skull one is kinda cool, although i think it looks weird inverted onto the black t-shirt. Liam15.02.2010
- This is better. Black hopskull gets my vote. kevino11.02.2010
- Love the Punk T-shirt in black . The skull one is good just cant tell if its Brew Dog. Better than the others .... BradfordDave11.02.2010
- Utterly bastard groovy! And in black :-) Don Robertson11.02.2010
- Incredible designs both of them Johanna, keep up the good work. I want more! Loving the fact they are on white and black tees too... And ladies t-shirts would be appreciated yes yes! Laura Macpherson11.02.2010
- Thats the stuff!
I ll have one of each please!!! Steve Wardell11.02.2010
- Im a big fan of your work, Joanna. I LOVE the hop skull. Damien Hirst eat your heart out! It is amazing. I would buy one in a heartbeat.
I would like girly tees as well, but often girly tees can run REALLY small and sometimes places only offer the one size small. L/XL girly size please, if possible! Ally11.02.2010
- These are so f*cking cool. They wipe the floor with the other t-shirt desings. These rock and I want to buy them all! Adrian10.02.2010
- I like the HopSkull. Fantastic detail. Any chance of it being silver on black on a girly shirt please :)
Could you design one for Paradox too please? :) Liz10.02.2010
- I like both designs. The Punk IPA bottle design reminds me of the old Riptide T Shirt. The skull design would look great with the BrewDog logo in one of the eye sockets. Jock10.02.2010
- Great designs, Punk IPA on black my favourite too. Hardcore next please. Fairzo10.02.2010
- wow, both designs are awesome, the tattoo art and graffiti design is my favourite, its amazing! Please print them so I can get my boyfriend one for his birthday! Good work! :) Cat10.02.2010
- Oh now this is more like it! Would definitely think about buying both of these t-shirt designs. In fact I will put my order in now for the hop skull. Beautiful! Sally Monster10.02.2010
- The Punk IPA t-shirt would look even more awesome with the print off-center, like to the lower-right. Kaizoku10.02.2010
- Unbelievably cool. Unbelievably cool indeed. Send one to Gordon Brown! Chrisindundee10.02.2010
- Now we*re talking! Mike10.02.2010
- Love them all! I adore Johannas work.
Please get a good supply of girl sizes? rhinomittens10.02.2010
- Good stuff! Finally! A Brew Dog t-shirt with a bottle on!
What about a Tactical Nuclear Penguin one next? jameslovesbeer10.02.2010
- Love them both, the skull will probably make the best t-shirt but the others would be cool too. Make them all. Richyb10.02.2010
- Very nice. Particularly like the black ones. Good work! Roland Ellison10.02.2010
- These are both incredibly cool but I am edging towards the punk ipa on black.
Hope these are out soon! Iain Livingstone10.02.2010
- Both are fantastic, black t-shirts too! winners. jamie cowie10.02.2010
- That hop skull is beyond awesome. Amazing work, really well done.
- Im not a fan of the hop skull, but thats just cause i dont like skulls. The second however is amazing, id buy one of those and its just generally a cool thing. magicdave610.02.2010