Sink the Bismarck!
You can invest in BrewDog at www.equityforpunks.com
You can watch the video full screen on Vimeo here http://vimeo.com/9491802 Yes we realise we are very, very silly!
Sink the Bismarck! is beer, amplified. With the volume turned full up, it is important you that you be careful with this beer and show it the same amount of sceptical, tentative respect you would show an international chess superstar, clown or gypsy.
Sink the Bismarck is a quadruple IPA that contains four times the hops, four times the bitterness and frozen four times to create at a staggering 41% ABV.
This is IPA amplified, the most evocative style of the craft beer resistance with the volume cranked off the scale. Kettle hopped, dry hopped then freeze hopped for a deep fruit, resinous and spicy aroma. A full out attack on your taste-buds ensues as the incredibly smooth liquid delivers a crescendo of malt, sweet honey, hop oils and a torpedo of hop bitterness which lasts and lasts.
We want to do all we can to promote a new and responsible approach to beers in this country. We want the public to learn to understand, appreciate and respect beer. At BrewDog want to highlight a different approach to beer, one which focuses on quality ingredients and craftsmanship and not marketing budgets, volume sales and binge consumption. Many fall down the monolithic corporate brewers rabbit hole, we are on a mission to open as many people’s eyes as we can.
By pushing the boundaries in brewing we can highlight all that is exciting about craft beer and make more people aware that an alternative to mass market beers exist. As a company responsible consumption and better education about beer is ingrained in all we do. Beer has a terrible reputation in Britain, it’s ignorant to assume that a beer can’t be enjoyed responsibly like a nice dram or a glass of fine wine. A beer like Sink the Bismarck! should be enjoyed in spirit sized measures.
If you are lucky enough to get your mucky little paws on one of these bottles, Plug in, kick back and enjoy as we welcome to the stage the world's strongest beer, officially cranked up to 11.
You can buy one here: http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=47
You can buy some Tactical Nuclear Penguin here: http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=46
Our ‘Equity for Punks’ project has only 2 days left. You can buy a share in BrewDog at www.equityforpunks.com Shareholders will have a have a say in important company decisions, receive annual dividends and will also benefit from a 20% lifetime discount off beers bought on our website.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Pretty weird that Schorschbrau would try and sell BrewDog their secret patent. Looks like BrewDog dont need it anyway DQ16.02.2010
- Stronger than whisky??? I cannot wait to taste this. HeavyHops review has just made me want it more. I crumbled and ordered 2. 120 minute is my favourite beer. I still cant imagine what this one will be like! Matt16.02.2010
- Win Douglas16.02.2010
- 40 quid a bottle and STILL people moaning about you spreading bad drinking habits. somehow I cant see anyone binging on it!
- WHy are you releasing loads on new stuff in drips? Every time you do i order. Ive had 3 orders in the last week, i could have saved loads on postage if i just done one big one.. Keep up the good work boys.
- You are truly bat-shit crazy. I am in awe. Dustin16.02.2010
- Good stuff. Looking forward to the positive feedback that the Portman Group and its lackies usually provide. Brian16.02.2010
- You guys are crazy. I love it :)
Ill be tasting the Penguin tomorrow and the Schorch 40 next Wednesday.
- Krauts are fair game. Sink the Bismarck! Louis Lamour16.02.2010
- Well done boys. Looking forward to getting some of that one down! Derek P16.02.2010
- Im literally astounded that so far, no rent-a-gob has mouthed off about 14 year olds irresponsibly drinking this on park benches, getting out of their tree.
Perchance theyve realised that speciality beers are actually more expensive and for a more niche market than white label whisky. Cant wait to get my hands on this and savour it.
- The whole video is just a bit of fun. The Germans upset us for trying to steal Penguins thunder with a beer they had not even brewed and for trying to sell us their recipe and secrets. We just wanted to poke a bit of fun back at them. James, BrewDog16.02.2010
- Great quote about the clown and gypsy. The Portman Groups paymasters will no doubt be pissed that you are once again spanking their massive marketing / PR team with your guerrilla tactics. Congratulations!
- I honestly didnt think you guys would be able to top the penguin video, how wrong I was! Stefan16.02.2010
- awesome,very funny ! Claire16.02.2010
- FANTASTIC marketing stunt gents.
Hopefully you will be able to capitalise on this!
Pub will be a rip-roaring success, hopefully you dont sell out to the Pubcos too early! Davide Conti16.02.2010
- Loving the kraut-bashing. Incidentally, if your going to criticise kraut-bashing, probably best not to use derogatory terms like kraut. Jimbeaux16.02.2010
- hahahah...launch the penguim !!!! paul noonan16.02.2010
- Why are you releasing loads on new stuff in drips? Every time you do i order. I have had 3 orders in the last week, i could have saved loads on postage if i just done one big one.. Keep up the good work boys. Spooner16.02.2010
- Completely love this idea, it takes a lot of devotion to beer to go this far. And you even took a good old swing at the krauts, what could be better...apart from drinking this that is Tom Pickreing16.02.2010
- Bravo chaps. Push the envelope, wear navy hats, turn up the gain on the hops until your taste buds clip and snaffle the honour of the top spot on the list once more.
I really hope though that as you move onward into the new brewary, you buy a machine to put a swingtop or cork on the bottles. Or maybe you could offer a beer decanter. Some of us live among beer philistines who are not worthy of a share of such products. Douglas MacIntyre16.02.2010
- Agree with barm, the beer sounds interesting but the kraut-bashing just isnt funny. Andy16.02.2010
- Pity about the desperately unfunny Kraut-bashing. It sounds like the beer would be quite good. I think that the Sun-reader market this name appeals to will prefer to stick to their Carling though. Barm16.02.2010
- Congrats guys. 41%. Jesus, thats close to insane. Kim Odland16.02.2010
Totally wrong on just about every level, but soo funny! I have almost stopped laughing. James licking the Queen nearly pushed my diaphram through my noseChris Mair16.02.2010