Beer Rocks Part Two: Get Voting!
Poll: Vote for Beer, Not politicians
We asked you what you would like to see us brew at BrewDog here http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=295
This is your chance to have your say and influence our future beers. Your chance to take control of your beer drinking destiny. We threw down the gauntlet and gingerly laid our fate in your hands! You have the power to decide what our next new beer is going to be.
We were overwhelmed by the response and we were inundated with suggestions with over 120 suggestions coming in. The suggestions were all great and it is really cool to see the beery imaginations of our drinkers hard at work. In an ideal world we would brew them all, indeed we did briefly consider doing this. However we have had to narrow it down and we have came up with a shortlist of our 10 favorite suggestions for the beer.
- Cranachan Imperial Stout - Whisky barrel aged imperial oatmeal stout with raspberries.
- Nelson Sauvin Single Hop Belgian IPA
- An Imperial Dry Hopped Scotch Ale
- A raspberry IPA
- Imperial Radler
- 15% Triple IPA which is Triple or Even Quadruple Dry Hopped
- A Passion Fruit and Mango Wheat Beer
- A deep gold, 7% ABV Belgian Blonde brewed with ginger and lemongrass.
- Super sour Cherry Cola (for adults)
- 10% rum barrel-aged coffee and coconut imperial stout
We are then going to brew the beer with the most votes. The person who made the winning suggestion can even visit BrewDog and help us make what is essentially their beer.
The beer will be released on the website as a summer special. If it goes down a storm it may even stick around.
So get voting and let us know what you want us to brew for you! Bracken, Stewart, Martin and James are getting ready to brew the top suggestion.
Posted in - news
- Also, mon the single hop belgian IPA! Gareth Young21.05.2010
- Re gueuze: It would be nice to see brewdog make one some day but they take a lot of time and work. Theyd need to get lambic barrels and make (at least) two separate batches, age one for roughly 3 years and one for roughly 1 year then blend them before bottling. Gareth Young21.05.2010
- 10% rum barrel-aged coffee and coconut imperial stout
- bring on the triple IPA! DG15.05.2010
- Great idea! How about 2% dimethylnitrosamine imperial ice beer fortified with crystal meth? help yourselves to any sugestions from my 52 brews blog if you like.
- As a wheat beer fanatic I had to vote for it, but the coffee and coconut stout is already my secret daydream... Miia H08.05.2010
- There is never too many imperial stouts in this universe! Sami Murtoniemi08.05.2010
- Sounds yummy James Ellwood07.05.2010
- Yup the Rum Coffee Coconut 10% it is.
- It's all about the coffee and coconut! Colin Sabia07.05.2010
- Hard choice, but as I made a Nelson Sauvin Single Hop IPA earlier this year, I'd love to see you guys do it properly, and with a Belgian twist. Love that hop!
I see Wayerman malts are following in your footsteps and have made a Bourbon barrel aged raspberry porter. I drank my last bottle of Rake Raspberry, so I'll be comparing them mentally when I try the Wayerman's one next week :)Barry M07.05.2010
- 15% Triple IPA which is Triple or Even Quadruple Dry Hopped ! why not ! Goeft Alexandre07.05.2010
- Single hop Belgian IPA gets my vote, lovely! Francis06.05.2010
- 10% rum barrel-aged coffee and coconut imperial stout sounds like a BrewDog beer. G Dunbar06.05.2010
- It has to be the NS Belgium IPA... how could it go wrong! pdtnc06.05.2010
- Hey Brewdoggers, You used my Photo above. Cheers Lads..... Chris ford06.05.2010
- 10% rum barrel-aged coffee and coconut imperial stout? I can't even begin to image how good/bad that would be... so naturally it got my vote! Will06.05.2010
- If you so punk, why not a glue-beer, Bostic ale ;-)
- The idea behind the Passion Fruit and Mango Wheat, was for it to be a super light and spritzy summer beer with bags of fruity sweetness.
21st Amendment in the US do something similar with Watermelon. I can't think of a more refreshing combination than Passion Fruit, Mango and Wheat beer to enjoy in the summer sun!
Hops would be New Zeland Motueka because they bring a bright, tropical, exotic fruitiness to beer that's really unique.Chunk06.05.2010
- No imperial pilsner? Too bad! You could seriously competed with Samuel Adams Hallertauer Imperial Pilsner and Mikkeller Draft Bear. Mo06.05.2010
- So nobody wanted a mint chocolate stout? I find that very hard to believe. But I have thrown in with the rum aged coconut stout. Robert Fairs06.05.2010
- Voted for my Super Sour Cherry Cola!! Sofa S06.05.2010
- Now where is the BrewDog Gueze? Highly underrated style, splits people in two yet the champagne of the brewing world and used by many michelin starred chefs... what's not to like? Jojo06.05.2010
- I totally voted for the 10% rum barrel-aged coffee and coconut imperial stout - I mentioned it on the blog a while ago and think someone needs to make it! I lot of love for sours too. Just make sure we get the winning beer this time and not a completely different one - I'm still waiting for TNP the black IPA with blueberries! markdredge06.05.2010
- 116th vote:
Rum Coffee & Coconut.
Does the Caribbean have highlands?steven Wardell06.05.2010
- The Belgian Blonde with Ginger and Lemongrass. That is going to be one tasty summer beer!! Andrew Johnston06.05.2010
- 102 votes already (as I started to type this). I'd love to know how the vote is progressing for each option. I think the next time Brewdog has this kind of democratic process, I should be notified of the votes as they come in and do a live webcast with some kind of beer swingometer. We could call it The Swig-o-meter. Much more interesting than watching Menzies Campbell be returned to my uber safe seat in NE Fife while folk in the north of England decide the election-proper. Tastier too :D Douglas MacIntyre06.05.2010
- super sour cherry cola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paul estrada06.05.2010
- These all sound delicious!
I reckon a fruity, light one would be nice if it's for summer though.Josh06.05.2010
- Right on Matthew Kristofski06.05.2010
- Where's the option for Chaos Theory...!?! fatboab06.05.2010
- We Norwegians are still hoping for "The Blücher has sunk", a +/- 60% strong beer with a slightly oily taste. Haråld the Håiry05.05.2010
- I want to vote for more than one! Sally Monster05.05.2010
- You need a spot on the ballot where people can write-in answers. Like when I write in Mickey Mouse for president.
You totally need to brew a beer called "The Beer Wench" -- in my honor, naturally. Which means it needs to be absolutely crazy, mischievous and uber rowdy. A beer that not only promotes debauchery, but is the cause of it. It is the beer that everyone both loves and fears. It is hedonism in a bottle.The Beer Wench05.05.2010
- Ginger & Lemongrass blonde sounds too tempting - duly voted! Kynon05.05.2010
- I voted for the first option. Cranachan Imperial Stout. It was a hard choice between that and the ginger and lemongrass blonde, but oatmeal stouts are the bees knees and I fecking love raspberries. Douglas MacIntyre05.05.2010
- They all sound good but I don't think I can wait for an aged one - I want one that you can brew and bottle asap!!! Jock05.05.2010