The Top 5 Misconceptions About BrewDog
There's a fair few of the them flying around so we thought it to be a good time to debunk some classic BrewDog myths and misconceptions. Starting with...
1) BrewDog will be the downfall of Western civilisation
'Irresponsible', 'a real worry', 'just adding to Britain's binge drinking crisis'...and they same names don't hurt. We've been attacked, slammed, condemned and shamed by just about every alcohol-related charity, health campaign and government lobby group this country has going. BrewDog might be leading a progressive - and at times controversial - charge when it comes to a UK craft beer revolution but we're pretty darn sure this isn't going to cause the Western world to hurtle into the abyss amidst a Hadron Collider style fear frenzy. Guess you can't please everyone.
2) BrewDog's beer labels are produced with three objectives in mind – to offend, confuse and mislead
Pick up any bottle of BrewDog and you'll be greeted by a certain level of questionable back-chat on its label. Despite being described as 'aggressive', 'tart' and even 'mocking' we'd like to take a moment to clear up the misconception that our labels are simply out to get your goat or cause an outbreak of mass confusion amongst you, your friends or even your next neighbours. We'll put our hands up and saw some of our labels could easily veer towards incoherent rambling but they also keep Nacho the label writing chihuahua fed and clothed. Please take a moment to let that tug at the heartstrings.
3) BrewDog intend to spend all the money raised from Equity for Punks on fast cars, loose women and, well, more beer
Shortly after meeting our Equity For Punks threshold a vicious rumour began to circulate that suggested James, Martin and a number of floosies from Fraserburgh would be high tailing it to the Swiss Alps and seeing out their days in a chalet hot tub. Thankfully, we've got the all of the funds accounted for and will soon have a swanky, new eco brewery to show for it. We can't promise hot tubs for every shareholder but we can promise bubbling tanks of beer; we know which we'd prefer.
4) Sink! the Bismarck wasn't just a beer, it was a publicity stunt
It's 41% ABV, quadruple hopped, freeze hopped and we only went and made a blimin' video for it. Sink! found itself with a fair bit of news coverage – as any record breaker should – but not without causing the cogs of scrutiny to whir into action. Thankfully we're firm believers that any publicity is good publicity; especially for craft beer in a market that's still dominated by mass-produced and soulless brews. More importantly though, Sink! proved that a strong ABV beer is completely drinkable and that beer drinkers are – believe it or not – sensible enough to cope with that level of responsibility. For everyone else there's Nanny State.
5) 'A dog called Bracken is the father of James' and other popular canine related misconceptions
Despite possessing a spookily similar penchant for hats, let this be the blog that finally puts an end to the myth that James is actually the son of Bracken. We do, however, have a crack team of hounds working with us – Bracken on blue sky thinking and development, Dr Gonzo our four legged brewery with a nose for hops and Nacho the chihuahua with all paws on blogging and handicraft. Rumours such as 'the brewery is powered by 1,000 perfectly manicured daschund puppies on hamster wheels' or 'It's the dog dander that makes BrewDog beers so delicious' are completely unfounded and it should be said now that no BrewDog representative will be available to comment on these matters. Ever.
Have you got a BrewDog rumour, myth or misconception you want to get to the bottom of? Leave us a comment in the box below and we'll get back to you!
Posted in - news
- Hi Hello neepeBuppySap30.05.2010
- Hi, hello !
my name is Jean Griffin .
I want to buy a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E Class Coupe .
maybe someone can help to get 2010 Mercedes-Benz E Class Coupe .
Thank you, just have a nice day
Jean Griffin .
Jean Griffin .GobAberoMox20.05.2010
- You mean there is more Nanny State being brewed? Thought it had all sold out. Alan19.05.2010
- Here's one - EquityForPunks investors don't 'own' Brewdog USA... Sid Boggle17.05.2010
- Had my first taste of a BrewDog, Paradox. Nectar...I can't wait to taste TNP & STB! Peter16.05.2010
- Fact or fiction....you decide Chris15.05.2010
- Re. labelling, although I fully intended to buy your beer anyway I was still (briefly) suckered in by your WIN absolutely nothing bottle neck thingy. I thought "ooh, great, nice beer and I get to win something too". I laughed out loud in Tesco's when I read the whole thing, THANKS for that ! Please don't change your labelling policy or indeed anything about your attitudes. MARK ALLEY14.05.2010
- I ate a big red candle Fraser14.05.2010
- James is actually in his 40's Mike14.05.2010
- Bracken is really a Penguin. And the who TNP idea was a cunning way to make people think he was Just a Dog dressed as a penguin as opposed to the Truth that he is really a Penguin disguised as a dog craig garvie14.05.2010
- The photo comp results are coming! A little bit later than intended due to a crazy schedule tis week. James, BrewDog14.05.2010
- James spends most of his time at the brewery wearing an enormous purple velvet jacket and a brown top hat being driven around by midgets in a beer-powered car singing "There is no life I know to compare with pure inebriation". Gareth Young14.05.2010
- BrewDog make good beer =) Matthew14.05.2010
- Brewdog ran a photo competition but didn't announce any winners. Mark14.05.2010
- Brewdog support and fund the taliban. Tim14.05.2010