When worlds collide
When several worlds collide, explode and produce a movement greater than the sum of their parts, it truly is a beautiful thing to behold.
Last night at the http://caskpubandkitchen.com/ I witnessed the birth of a craft beer renaissance; as Libertines from the worlds of Art, Music, Design, Journalism, and Beer all gathered to experience a true original: – the only keg of AB:02 that will grace these shores and refresh the collective, creative pallet.
The evening kicked off with a rabble rousing, bell ringing, intro to the concept from yours truly, before a rampant, revolutionary stampede to be among the few to imbibe the 18% Triple Dry Hopped Imperial Red Ale ensued.
Although not wishing do dampen such enthusiasm and verve, we would say that it was always the intention with Abstrakt that it be collected and aged – so try to show some restraint you decadent and debauched consumers of the Craft – admire it’s enigmatic beauty on the shelf, from the corner of your eye for a year to truly enjoy.
The evening then spilled out upon itself; with our hosts Martin and Peter from the Cask Pub & kitchen offering 5 BrewDog Ales on cask to ensure we all had a broad pallet with which to paint ourselves into a comfortable corner. The setting, which is merely a year old and already an instant classic, is the kind of place where BrewDog’s and their like are made to feel instantly welcome and are infinitely rewarded by the vast Craft Bounty on offer.
Proceedings then took the kind of twist that only the Magic Dog can inspire as he unleashed the most splendid array of nightcaps and comfortably numbing farewell shorts known to man, beast or beer geek: – a mere fleeting glance of P27 was followed by the Afterglow of STB.
The man knows how to bring down the curtain down on a splendid evening and sent everyone home inspired and with a smile on their face.
Posted in - richards-updates
- Otroligt men *SANT*: Kasinoprogrammerare upptäcker fel i Casino Roulette Software och vinner 250 000€ med hemligt Roulette Cheat. Roulettecheats21.06.2010
- the barmaid looks as if she's shitting it anarchy99921.06.2010
- Just wondering here, will Abstrakt 02 be showing up at the Swedish Systembolaget? I held off on ordering Abstrakt from the website because I thought it was coming to Systembolaget, but so far I'm not seeing it there. Henrik Rosen21.06.2010
- Great evening, cheers lads. AB:02 was fantastic, quite possibly the best Brewdog beer i've ever drunk. Alas we didn't get any of the STB or P27 as we were stuck at the back in the corner and quite understandably the samples didn't get that far back :( Please keep supplying Brewdog to the Cask and Kitchen, its an awesome pub and i'm giving serious thought to moving to Pimlico..... Andy20.06.2010
- Sounds like it was quite an evening. Certainly looking forward to trying Harcore on cask some time. No chance of getting my local to get some in though. Landlord doesn't like to bring in anything over 5% ABV cos they don't sell so well. Douglas MacIntyre19.06.2010
- Wow, wish there were bars over here in Texas that would carry BD on tap. Really bites that such good new beer is so far away! At least I've got my Sink the Bismark still. Hey, I heard that you guys have been beat again by the Germans. Counter-strike??? I'll be saving my money for your 50% hahaha! John Byrne19.06.2010
- pmsl at the 'creative pallet' - is that what you get when a fork-lift does a foundation course? Sure the beer tastes good, anyway, which let's faice it is the mane thing. Cesar Romarez19.06.2010