Clarification on a Press Report on BrewDog Aberdeen
Just to add some clarification and some reason to reports which appeared in the press today. It was been reported in the Sun, Scotsman, Edinburgh Evening New and on some websites that we will be offering free beer for life to anyone who gets a BrewDog tattoo on the opening day of our Aberdeen pub.
This is not an accurate report and not a fair reflection of our position here. We are considering, subject to compatibility with Scottish licensing laws, offering one or two free beers per week for life for anyone who gets a BrewDog tattoo at the pub (we may have a tattoo artist there) on the opening day. Now this of course is a very different proposition to the ‘free beer for life’ which the press went with in order to sensationalise things.
We will make a further announcement on this in due course when we have found out what is legally possible here.
The pub is moving ahead very well, walls and bathrooms are going in this week and we look all set to hit our September opening date. I have also been sourcing some beer for the bar, watch out for some cool Mikkeller, Three Floyds, The Bruery, Stone, Maui, Nogne O, De Struise plus some more great craft beers.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- De Molen! Andy Robb04.08.2010
- Open a pub in Glasgow me and my mates drink nothing but brew dog. Harry03.08.2010
- any chance of getting any alaskan brewing company beers in the bar? Just back from a trip over there and the beer was SUPERB....Alaskan summer ale PLEASE!!!
- wwddfdodegzpswpencfuvcjfcfdjxu luuhux01.08.2010
- maybe because they suck?
- why not book resistance 77 as the band for the opening night michael forman29.07.2010
- James, whats the deal with the Brew Dog tattoo?.. Is it true about the life time supply of beer if u get 1? Jamie Willox28.07.2010
- Just to add to the (and I realise this is utterly unrealistic) begging for beers, would love some CBC Porter this side of the pond. Aidan Skinner28.07.2010
- count me in.
regardless of the free beer, i'll do it. i like the company's ethic. he beer would just be an excellent bonus.
this says it all : http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=153
if this goes ahead.....how and where do i sign up?!steve27.07.2010
- What date in September is it due open? Jock27.07.2010
- Oh thats a great list of international brewers. Man i hope the rumours for an Edinburgh pub are true. I'll be heading up to Aberdeen first chance i get though :-) craig garvie27.07.2010
- Keep me posted please on details of opening event - intend being there if possible : ) Ian Wishart27.07.2010
- That brings a whole new meaning to 'Loyalty card' doesn't it...
You a couple of free pints and 20% food if you get branded...Somehow I feel this wouldn't work for WaterstonesChris27.07.2010
- If there is a Stone beer / food matching going down could you just book me in now and I'll pay when its announced..... 2 places thank you please kindly Chris27.07.2010
- James! Your clarification didn't say "unlimited". I understand now. Just gotta work out how to live forever then! OR get myself preserved when I die so you can stuff a bottle up my...I think I'll stop there...
- Music Rab. The Press reports make it sound like the beer fir life would be unlimited which it is not. Hence the clarification. James, BrewDog27.07.2010
- "We are [considering] offering one or two free beers per week for life for anyone who gets a BrewDog tattoo at the pub on the opening day."
Sounds like beer for life to me! Of-course if you're just considering this you should've thought 1st before openning your mouth.
On the pub side of things, I am currently dreaming of openning a similar establishment near Waterloo (Lon.); with nice minimalistic white interior ala Mikkeller. Good luck!
<a href="http://wiredbeer.blogspot.com/2010/06/copenhagen-carlsberg-free-zones-part-i.html">Carlsberg Free Zone</a>Music Rab27.07.2010
- Great to see you will include some beers from Nøgne Ø! You might consider Haandbryggeriet and Ægir from Norway as well. Christer27.07.2010