I Hardcore You? Yes, please.
Question: What do you get if you blend Hardcore IPA and I Beat You together and then add even more dry hops?
Answer: I Hardcore You. Introducing a new type of collaboration. Coming Soon from Mikkeller www.mikkeller.dk and BrewDog. Oh and a completely new type of collaboration too!
I Hardcore You is a 9.5% Imperial India Pale Ale, an international collaborative effort between 2 of Europe's most rock 'n roll brewers. This beer is a blend of BrewDog’s Hardcore IPA and Mikkeller’s I Beat You (2 of my favourite beers). After the blending, the beer was then dry hopped a further twice. Making I Hardcore You a beer which has been dry hopped four times, or maybe even six times. We kinda lost count.
As far as we are aware this is the first collaboration of this type anywhere in the world. The first time a collaboration beer has been made by blending beers from the respective brewers together. This is a one off brew with a small amount available for a limited time only. You can buy yours here: http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=58
Posted in - brewdog-news
- olde rabbit's foot is a blend of 3 stouts, FYI.
Still, I can't wait to drink this! It's in my fridge now!IcebergSlim28.08.2010
- tastes good, a hoppy citrusie hardcore, maybe suit the ladies phil dalgleish10.08.2010
- Dear Mr.Koombot,
boo to you sir. That is my favouritist stone hat.
No beer for you...bowman07.08.2010
- Love your beers but why are all new beers hopped so heavily? I love a fully hopped beer but I also like, well.. beers that aren't that heavily hopped. Nowadays it's all just hop. Dammit if you can't brew a decent beer, don't cover it up with hops! How many hops?01.08.2010
- this sounds delicious; will be on the lookout for that fab green label when it hits the states! lindsey30.07.2010
- Ooh where are those keykegs headed? Richard mBt29.07.2010
- Black damnation anyone? But still a good initiative from my favourite brewery :) M29.07.2010
- This beer sounds immense! Good photos too. Great to see a bit more of the brewery. Has Stewart just been cleaning the bottling machine? Adrian29.07.2010
- Not quite the first time, but possibly the first time with IPA's. Avery and Russian River both have a beer in their lineups called "Salvation". Rather then squabble over rights to the name, they blended the beers together and called it "Collaboration not Litigation".
Cheers guys, would love to see this one in the states but I doubt it will make it over here.Myke J29.07.2010
- Would somebody buy the Brewdog hobo a new hat please?
Was this one of the prototype IPA's at the Dog's Dinner?Koombot29.07.2010
- Ah, that sounds magnificent! I like how you guys think. Chris Passarelli29.07.2010
- looking forward to my order : ) paul noonan29.07.2010