Sink the Bismarck! in a 5cl bottle?
Poll: Should we package Sink the Bismarck! in 5cl bottles?
We are considering packaging Sink the Bismarck! our 41% hopped to hell IPA and our 32% Imperial Stout, Tactical Nuclear Penguin in nano 5cl bottles.
We want to hear your thoughts on this. Do you think this is a good or bad idea? Would you buy this? You can even vote in the poll.
Buy a 330ml bottle here http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=47
Posted in - news
- 18cl bottles would be nicer. Brewery De Molen also puts barrel aged or special beers in 18cl bottles which is perfect for big, complex, high ABV beers. Cheers from NL. Kevin05.09.2010
- Thanks to the upcoming World Basketball Festival, we now get a “USA” Air Jordan 2010 Team. It seems as if more people like the Air Jordan 2010 Team than the original Air Jordan 2010 because of the windowless side panels. I’m not one of those people who likes the team better; I think the original
<a href="http://www.nikeshoescompany.com/">Nike Shoes</a> 2010 Shoes looks much better.Since this <a href="http://www.nikeshoescompany.com/">jordan Shoes</a> Team is made for the USA team, the colorway should be clear. White can be seen on the side panels, toe, shoe laces, tongue, part of the midsole and the entire outsole. Navy blue covers the toe, heel, inner lining and above the midsole. Red accents appear on the tongue, toe, heel, lace panels and the midsole. The sneaker is constructed of perforated white leather with larger perforations placed on the side panels.ying22.08.2010
- Definitely - I cannot drink very much now due to medication but would love to try these products. Great idea. Charles May18.08.2010
- Had a wee glass of this at the recent Berlin International beer festival... I loved it. I think small bottles are a great idea as I am too tight to splash out for a big one!.... Jim Stanhope17.08.2010
- Fab idea, although more innovative bottles such as the torpedo someone suggested, would be better. Would be great to see gift packs of the two for Christmas time (as a retailer I'd love to have something like that to offer at around £8-12).
- Maybe a 0.1875 lt (piccolo bottle of champagne) . Jonathan Swift14.08.2010
I'll have to find 4 friends to share it with, in case Mr Portman takes offence...Stuart Reekie13.08.2010
- I think it's a great idea. I am intrigued by what I read about these beers, but am unwilling to risk £35 or £40 without having the chance to taste them first. If they were priced at around £5 I would probably buy one of each. If they are anywhere near as good as many people have described then I'd probably splash out on a full bottle. BringBackChaosTheory13.08.2010
- Why not? And... is that a screwtop?! Andrew Clark13.08.2010
- Yes! The smaller bottles are a brilliant concept...especially for the elixirs contained within. (Perfect for a nightcap or after dinner sipper.) You could sell them individually or in packs a la Underberg. Sure would be nice to get an airline to stock them as well (Virgin perhaps?). Rich13.08.2010
- Great idea, its the only way poor people like me will be able to sample your crazy high ABV beers. Richard Wilson13.08.2010
- Shrink The Bismarck?
Love Johanna's idea of the Alice "Drink me" bottle; pure Portman bait.Malt Jerry13.08.2010
- The alternative, of course, is to package it in resealable screwcap 330ml bottles - after all, it is really competing with whisky, not with other beers. Curmudgeon13.08.2010
- Thomas: Yes, I agree. Several pints of a 41% beer are required for a proper rating... Gareth Young13.08.2010
- Bit pointless (fiver or so each?) but like the concept for originality.
I'd not buy. I wouldn't buy Whisky minatures.
May be a great Christmas market idea...or maybe a selection box with lovely Scottish themed tartan gift packing :-0
Interesting all the sameFritz13.08.2010
- I don't think BrewDog should be advocating reviews based on beer from such small samples when you require much more of the body of the beer than 5cl to be able to properly conduct a review. If you receive bad reviews from Bismarck without explaining enough and often very monotoniously then this is why. Thomas13.08.2010
- I think it's a great idea How about shaping the bottle like a miniature torpedo. I'd sink a few of them.. ha ha! Mark Cade13.08.2010
- This is a great idea. I will be buying them definitely. L Duffield13.08.2010
- Definitely worth giving a try, though Ia m hoping you are going to sell both as shots when the bar opens. Don Robertson13.08.2010
- Like the idea as it makes it more affordable. Hate the bottles due to the fact they look like red bull shots. Make the bottles look good and keep them glass and you could be onto a winner Jh13.08.2010
I don't think that this has been done before so is a very Brewdog thing to do. This could generate great publicity and will tempt people to try these beers who would not spend £35+ per bottle to try a new beer.
Great idea!Mark Hawkridge13.08.2010
- Makes sense. You would be drinking it in this sort of measure so why shouldn't it come in this size. Ed Holey13.08.2010
- Yes definitely! Thought I'd like maybe a little bigger than 5cl (maybe 10cl?)
This will turn Sink... and Penguin into novelty pre-lash drinks no more than Lagavulin minatures make single-malts novelty pre-lash drinks.
Great way to let people try it who can't afford the 330ml bottles.
- I've been known to take a hip flask of it down to the football. It even crossed my mind that i could add lemonade to it to create a regular (albeit lemony) IPA, but I tried it and it was rank. :)
A brewdog hip flask would be nice...Richard mBt13.08.2010
- A BrewDog version of the Alice in Wonderland 'drink me' bottle? Johanna13.08.2010
- At the danger of transforming a well crafted and marketed specialist beverage into a 'novelty pre-lash drink'... It's a no from me.. Dan13.08.2010
- Yes, just please don't put it in a plastic bottle. Tristan Robinson13.08.2010
- I just wish it was cheaper to get here in Oregon. Shipping doubles the cost :( mrgstiffler13.08.2010
- Yes, I think this is a good idea, depending on the price per bottle obviously. Andrew Brett13.08.2010
- Looks like a cross between a medicine bottle and Red Bull Energy Shots...which I like. GJ Dunbar13.08.2010
- I would love nips of Brewdog beers, as long as they made it to the USA... or at least Boston. Sean13.08.2010