AB04 Launch @ The White Horse on Thursday the 28th of October
Thought you'd be spending your October evenings taking Nan to the shops, bathing the cat or alphabetising your entire Morrissey back-catalogue? Well think again!
On Thursday the 28th of October we're returning to the mighty White Horse on Parsons Green for the launch of our latest addition to the Abstrakt family – AB:04.
Currently a closely guarded secret amongst the BrewDog ranks, beers tasters at the AB:04 pre-release will be among the first in the world to sample our latest creation as well as being among the last because - as ever - once it's gone, it's gone!
AB04 is another mind-bending concept beer that blends contemporary brewing with some unexpected twists; in keeping with Abstrakt:01 - 03 which have previously included a vanilla bean infused Belgian quad and a two-year-old Imperial Ale brewed with fresh raspberries and strawberries.
As ever there will only be a few thousand bottles of AB:04 produced so it's now or never for those that what to be part of the Abstrakt experience. Here is the original brew sheet for the beer:
AB:04 is a 15% Imperial Stout brewed with loads of dark malts, mountains of coffee, pure cacao and a tiny little chilli too. Here are some photos from the brewday back in July http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=331
AB:04 won't be the only brew available at the White Horse launch night however. There will also be the opportunity to try some of our rarest bottled beers that include people's favourite - BrewDog and Stone's Bashah Reserve.
This riot of beery proportions kicks-off at 7pm with three rounds of tasting beginning at 7.30pm sharp.
Get there early to sure you're among the first to try AB:04 as well as getting your grubby paws on some of the other star brews on offer.
Ensuring all this chaos runs like clockwork on the night will be the Emperor Penguin himself, James, and BrewDog's very own cheeky chappy and adopted Londoner, Tom.
The beer will also be released for sale on the 28th on the website for those that can't make it to London.
Posted in - news
- Have I missed out on AB:04? I thought it was originally being released on thursday but the Abstrakt website says friday but it also says its out of stock!!!! Does anyone have any info? richard boyden30.10.2010
- Any idea when AB:04 will be available to buy on the website? - I've been eagerly checking since yesterday. Pat Hanson29.10.2010
Great night guyz, the Punk X, Highland and AB04 have had amazing feedback from you. Lookinf forward to get them to you asap.
Chin chin!Tom AKA Magic Dog29.10.2010
- Flip. I've only just bought the AB:03 and now I have to run this past the missus too. Is it really three months since the last one? Rich28.10.2010
- any chance of seeing some wet-hopped IPA there?!! please? Justin27.10.2010
- Joining the review list, a review of (presumed) AB 04
- I'm in London that night to see the mighty Electric Wizard. Shame I can't make the AB:04 tasting. Jock23.10.2010
- Excellent drink - http://thebeerbunker.blogspot.com/2010/10/ab04-brewdog.html Beer Bunker23.10.2010
- This is a really great beer!
For a video review, go to <a href="http://www.schnille.se/2010/10/abstrakt-ab04-video.html">Schnille och Schmak</a>. There are subtitles for the Swedish parts.
If you can, get to The White Horse. AB:04 is too good to miss!Carl Ralph22.10.2010
- Im sad i cant make it down on the thursday, but very excited about getting my paws on the next instalmant of Abstrakt. lets just hope there is some left to buy on friday (pay day!!!!) Richard Boyden22.10.2010