Dog's Dinner at the Hillhead Book Club
17 Vinicombe Place, Glasgow G12 8SJ
Monday 15th November 6.45 for 7pm - £20 per ticket – book by calling 0141 576 1700
Hillhead Bookclub shares with BrewDog a passion for individuality, quality and a naughty but nicely creative streak. BrewDog offer an award winning modern, roguish twist in classic brewing techniques and Hillhead Bookclub fully back them in their quest to be an ‘intrepid david in a desperate ocean of insipid goliaths’.
To augment our boozy friendship, Hillhead Bookclub and head chef Matt have created a dog’s dinner menu to reflect the bolshy brewers creative approach; one which is inspired by such beers as ‘trashy blond’, ‘5am Saint’, ‘and ‘Tactical Nuclear Penguin’. Expect to taste 5am gammon with amber ale and caramelised apples, beer potted shrimp with dumplings, gingerbread with paradox and cinnamon ice cream or maybe some artisan cheese with tactical nuclear chutney. Perhaps not one for the designated driver.
BrewDog co-founder, penguin in chief and general good bloke, James will kick off the evening with a chat and some fascinating beer tastings at 7pm before you dig in to the grub. A great night of homemade food, craft beers and average banter surely awaits. And at £20 per person, even old st Nic won’t get you a better deal.
As always there will be some special beers and the awesome menu looks something like this:
- salt & pepper calamari w/ chilli dip
- meaty beer broth w/ croutons
- duck and ale salad
- wild mushroom parfait on homemade beer bread
- 5am roast gammon in amber ale w/ caramelised apples
- hardcore flank of beef & onions w/ IPA gravy & root veg
- craft beer potted shrimp
- baby veg hotpot w/ drunken doughballs
woof woof woof!
- gingerbread w/ paradox Isle of arran & cinnamon ice cream
- apple and iconoclastic ale crumble
- zeitgeist chocolate marquise
- cheese selection w/ tactical nuclear apple chutney
About the Hillhead Book Club
The Hillhead Book Club is an occasionally eclectic, but always rewarding, haven for the independently minded. Rustic homemade meals, drinks in jam jars, teapots and gramophones...not to mention beers brewed by dogs! All served by staff who're a loveable mix of intellectuals, drop outs, left handers and failed/ soon to successful musicians, all of whom have your best interests at heart. since opening on that fateful day, 7th of may 2010, Hillhead Bookclub has heaved itself out of bed every day to continue its mission of delivering high quality food and drinks in a relaxed, bohemian setting and at a price your gran would approve of . with a ping pong table. and a mega drive. and an OHP 'borrowed' from Paul's old school. sorry miss.
Posted in - news
- in the interests of research, I have spent the last few days tasting some brew dog beers that have thus far escaped me. who thought work could be such fun? see you monday paul bookclub10.11.2010
- Sounds like a beezer! Jimmy Wang10.11.2010
- Sounds awesome! Robert Hanson09.11.2010
- It will be more than that Robert - I will be taking beers with me for the tasting with no additional charge James BrewDog09.11.2010
- Jimmy, looks like 2 drinks and a tasting included as well as food:
- What exactly does the £20 get one? Is beer or included or just food? Jimmy Wang09.11.2010