Punk IPA in Cans
Poll: Punk in Cans. Good move or not?
Following the interesting and lively debate the whole craft beer in cans issue generated on here a few months back we are delighted to announce that our flagship beer, Punk IPA, will be available in cans as of March 2011.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- everyone loves it in the can, tasty crack cans!
Great idea! Consumers need to realise that cans doesnt mean cheap and lower quality.
Also, those cans look tiny... 1litre cans for the win!string29.12.2010
- Great ... but the design needs help UsusalSuspect26.11.2010
- thank you for sharing
<a href="http://www.youngsun-caseerectors.com/">Case Erectors</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-shrinkwrapper.com/">Shrink Wrapper</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-strappingmachine.com/">Strapping machine</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-vacuumpackagingmachine.com/">Vacuum Packaging machine</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/">Wrapping machine</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsunpack.com/english/">packing machine</a>
<a href="http://www.angelpackaging.com/">packaging machinery</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-cartonsealer.com/">Carton Sealer</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-labelingmachine.com/">Labeling Machine</a><br /><br />
<a href="http://www.youngsun-cartonsealer.com/products/straps.html">PP Straps</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-cartonsealer.com/products/shrink-wrap-packaging.html">shrink wrap packaging</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/binding-machine.html">strapping machines</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/case-packer.html">Case Packer</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/carton-sealers.html">Carton Sealers</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/case-erecting-equipment.html">Case Erecting</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/labeling-machinery.html">Labeling Machinery</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/shrink-packaging-machine.html">Shrink Packaging Machine</a>
<a href="http://www.youngsun-wrappingmachine.com/products/vacuum-packing-machine.html">Vaccum Packing Machine</a>
- Will this be in the weak UK 4 Pack format or the sensible US 6 pack format? I am all for a canned beer.
When you guys gonna release the bombers on the British market?C Stewart25.11.2010
- I prefer in the bottle, but my wife prefers in the can...so does my girlfriend! Steve Kabirski24.11.2010
- Sounds worth a crack. Never again shall i have to lug a couple of crates of smoothflow through a field on my way to a music festival. Adam Wilson24.11.2010
- March 2011? I WANT THEM NOW!!! They look great. Jonathan23.11.2010
- i think one of the main issues is price. On average, in supermarkets etc will it be cheaper per litre? then, as long as the taste isnt affected too much, im all for it. danny ashton23.11.2010
- These are a fucking joke. I want at least 440ml in my can. It's pish. Iain Louden23.11.2010
- I'll second Hardcore in cans, too. We're gonna drag this country into realising that America does things better for a reason - drinking 9% beer from a can in the morning is the RIGHT way to start your day! Maf23.11.2010
- cans have lots of benefits. cheaper, environmentally friendly (easier to recycle), and no UV light spoilage. can linings are alot better these days so the taste shouldnt be affected. cheers john23.11.2010
- WE WANT HARDCORE IPA IN CANS TOO! Jose23.11.2010
- You guys need to punk that can.
Get IDEO to design that can!Manuel Vargas23.11.2010
- Does this mean Punk IPA doesn't need refrigeration? What happens if these cans sit in an unchilled container for a couple of weeks, then on some loading dock for a few more? Is it worth risk?
Oh, and the cans are too small! Who wants to drink less than a half-liter of this wicked good stuff?
- Hell yeah!! perfect camping beer! Andy23.11.2010
- Tasty crack can! Looks like I get to haul decent beer to festivals next year! Reluctant Scooper23.11.2010
- Whos doing the canning? Brian H23.11.2010
- Everyone like it in the Can!! Fergus23.11.2010
- Looks good but what about old fashioned ring pulls for the cans? The ones that you could slice off a finger with? If the beer has an edge to it give the packaging an edge too, it's only fair Rab C Nesbitt, Govan town23.11.2010
- If it tastes good then why not I do prefer bottles but you can't take bottles to Rockfests. If its not a arm and leg i'd give it a go .... Dave H23.11.2010
As mentioned below it seems :pAng...23.11.2010
Been a huge fan of cans ever since my first experiences with 21st Amendment & Oskar Blues...
Would be great to grab a sixer of Punk from the local shop before heading out to the park, beach, lake or whatever it is that you do and a lot less weight to carry at that. Also, as mentioned above, cans might also allow you access to sell in more mainstream venues, that's a move forward for craft beer...
P.S. A mighty fine looking can it is too.
- They look good, and I would buy. Strange to drink IPA from a can. Mattias Petter Johansson23.11.2010
- A great move and one that I hope will encourage others to try canning their beer (where appropriate).
Can't wait to 'baron rating' the cans and do a side-by-side taste test! :DThe Ormskirk Baron23.11.2010
- Woooooooowwwww !!!! Francesco Caprioli23.11.2010
- I've heard all the disputes about "yes we CAN" "no we bottle" (badum tsh!) but still I believe the personal experience is the best one, so I'll try to taste both of the formats at the same time and only then I'll decide.
Keep going guys, you're surely mad as hell but you rock!Filippo23.11.2010
- Regarding the price: the British beers sold i Denmark are 10 - 15 % cheaper in cans - where both are available. Per Nielsen23.11.2010
- I was out at a club in glasgow 2 weeks ago and i noticed they had all their mainstream beers in 330ml cans. Corona n all that pish. Easy for them as they can hand them out where they wouldn't be able to hand out bottles, also saving on plastic cups.
Well up for Brewdog in cans. One question tho, does it make it any cheaper?Dave23.11.2010
- This is the future. It's worked with the US craft beer so why can't it work here? Also it's much easier to pack and to ship. Bring it on. Thomas Marshall23.11.2010
- Great idea, looking forward to it! Glyn Roberts23.11.2010