Our First (and soon to be legendary) AGM
On Saturday 4th of December we held our inaugural (and soon to be relatively famous) AGM in Aberdeen. In October 2009 BrewDog, as a two year old company, took an unprecedented step and became a plc. Then, in a ground-breaking European first, we offered the public the opportunity to buy shares and invest in our company online.
We wanted the people who enjoy our beers to be involved in the ownership of our company and officially join the BrewDog team. The project was known as ‘Equity for Punks’ and over 1300 people invested.
It was snowy.
The first bus loads arrives at the Brewery for a tour and tasting.
Head Brewer Stewart Bowman by the bottling machine.
The AGM was our shareholder’s chance to hear how our company had been performing as well as visit the brewery, the bar and meet as much of the BrewDog team as possible. The day kicked off with buses taking shareholders from Aberdeen to Fraserburgh to tour the brewery with Head Brewer Stewart Bowman and get behind the scenes at BrewDog HQ.
Thereafter James gave a talk at Musa which despite including anecdotes about being arrested coming through Chinese customs and Martin’s love of lesbians also outlined our financial performance for 2010 and discussed our plans for 2011. The business talk was accompanied by BrewDog beers and special dishes all made using BrewDog beers from Hardcore IPA duck stovies to 5am Saint shredded pork belly.
James giving the business talk (lecture?) in www.musaaberdeen.com
After the business talk Martin led a ground-breaking beer tasting at the BrewDog bar where rare delights such as AB04 on draft were sampled along with prototypes like Eurotrash. Instead of pretentious tasting notes Martin simply introduced each beer to and paired them with piece of music. Some pairings were more controversial than others.
Martin's rock 'n roll beer tasting!
The day finished off with 2 events, live music and more beer and food pairing at Musa and an awesome party at the very crammed BrewDog bar. We would like to thank everyone who made the effort to get to Aberdeen despite the lock down of public transport and terrible weather conditions. We can’t wait for next year’s AGM!
It was so cold, even the bottles needed to wrap up!
Did you attend the AGM? We would love to hear your thoughts on the day below. We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did and we look forward to seeing you all in 2011.
Posted in - news
- We were given the top brick off the chimney. Thanks for all those who shared their expensive bottles. John Rolph19.12.2010
- It is a good article , i express heartfelt thanks;
<a href="http://www.air-randy.us/">cheap jordans</a>cheap jordans17.12.2010
- you can see me in at least 2 of those pictures! We braved delays and cancelled flights, cancelled buses and trains to get there. And it was well worth it. Thanks to the BrewDog team for everything. Spooner14.12.2010
- Sadly despite my best efforts to fly and then drive to the AGM from Southampton the weather/Flybe had other ideas. Really sad to miss out - it looks great fun. Charles May14.12.2010
- Ace. I'll start setting cash aside. Nick13.12.2010
- A cracking day out. It was just a pity we had to call it a day relatively early. Roll on next year. Gary Cameron13.12.2010
- I was on the look for new beers for our café here in Northern Denmark, and after I tasted three different kinds of BrewDog beer, I can guarantee it will be on the menu in our bar from now on! Keep up the good work! Morten Gaarden Olesen12.12.2010
- Nope, didn't make the AGM due to rail paralysis and remain devastated. Fairzo12.12.2010
- the agm was superb and worth every penny spent to make it there. cant wait for next years Hendrik Duerkop12.12.2010
- the AGM was epic.
Free food, free beer, free bus and free brewery tour. Immensely entertaining talks and tastings and the party in the bar rocked too.
Can't wait for 2011 AGM.Adrian12.12.2010
- Andy/Nick - yes we ar considering offering some further investment oppertunities around April 2011 for those who missed out the first time. BrewDog James12.12.2010
- Had a fantastic time guys, it was a great day with great people. Put up a full report over at
Was great to put faces to all the Brewdog fans online
- defiantly the best investment i have ever made....keep up the good work! Robert12.12.2010
- Yes, i also want to invest. Nick12.12.2010
- Looks awesome. Are you planning to do a further equity for punks release so those who missed out (or in my case too poor round christmas) who want to still invest in you guys can? Andy Watson12.12.2010