Mikkeller and BrewDog join forces
The word on the street is that on the 23rd November 2008 Mikkel (www.mikkeller.dk) arrived at BrewDog Brewery on a cold, snowy sunday morning.
According to the legend 2 of Europe's most experimental, boundry pushing brewers combined forces to produce a rebellious beer that combined their respective talents and brewing skills.
The 12.5% Barley Wine (Divine Rebel) is currently fermenting away, the champagne yeast drawing it ever closer to 12%. The beer was brewed with a single hop variety and is going to be partially aged in oak casks.
We could tell you alot more about this beer but we would not want you to get too excited too early. It should be available in late March 2009. Watch this space!
Posted in - news
- Barleywines are really not my thing at all (prefer imperial stouts and porters instead) but that sounds like nirvana to those of you that like us. Kudos to the collaboration.
Now, if only I knew where to get some of your dark beers offline... Paul05.12.2008
- shh not so loud magic_dave6, the portman group might hear you say that. :| David04.12.2008
- Like the fist of an angry god im going to have to get smashed on this one night magic_dave603.12.2008
- Excellent news – this sounds special. Now how about that porter ;) G Dunbar02.12.2008
- Damn, that is going to be something just a little bit special.
Nice one guys! Pan-C02.12.2008
- WOW! Now I need clean underpants. haddonsman02.12.2008