BrewDog pimps online store for Christmas and stuff
Seeing that it is almost Christmas and stuff we decided that we would also get into the spirit and offer some really cool stuff on our online shop. Some of the stuff is new, some of it we have not been able to brew for a while, some was made exclusively for another country ,some is amazingly collectable and one of the prototypes makes another appearance. There is also some cool new mixed case configuration just for Christmas
This is the beer we released 200 bottles of back in April 2008 to mark our 12 month anniversary.
Now it is back - A little more understated this time, no signed certificate, no gold leaf label - but still an amazing beer, great label and cool story. It makes a great Christmas gift for any beer or whisky lover.
This is Paradox batch 004.
100 bottles will be released with the silver hand printed label. This beer was aged for 12 months in a 1968 Bowmore whisky cask. This release of 100 bottles comes in numbered bottles and labels which have been silk screen printed by hand by Johanna Basford (www.johannabasford.com). It is the only beer in the world with a hand printed label.
The beer is bottle conditioned which makes it perfect for further cellaring.
Making a long overdue appearance in the online store is our 4.1% dirty blonde ale. Already proving to be a hit in both cask and bottle. This is our only session beer. However despite its lower ABV it is still full of flavour, character and the customary BrewDog bite. Want to drink 10 bottles at your in laws on Boxing day? We would suggest this beer rather than Tokyo!
Hardcore is back! This was our beer that suffered most at the hands of the 2008 hop shortages meaning we were not able to brew it for the first 10 months of the year. The New Zealand harvest provided us with the hops we need and we are delighted to have this beast back in commission. A personal favourite amoung all our brewers!
Coffee Imperial Stout
There are just a few bottles of this beer left and these will be the only place you can buy it in the UK. This beer was a collaboration between BrewDog and our Danish Importer - Danish Beer House and brewed exclusively for him. The 9% Imperial stout is brewed with coffee added in the kettle and is then dry hopped and aged on toasted oak chips after fermentation.
Still unlabelled and still completely rocking out! This beer won our prototype challenge and will be brewed in 2009. http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=32
Don't miss your chance to grab some of the last few bottles from the prototype batch and buy yourself a little piece of brewing history.
Special Festive Mixed Packs
Festive Mixed Pack 1
1 Silver Anniversary Paradox, 2 Paradox Smokehead, 2 Hardcore IPA, 2 Punk IPA
Festive mixed Pack 2
2 Coffee Stout, 2 Chaos Theory, 2 Hardcore IPA, 2 Trashy Blonde
BrewDog Selection Box
1 Punk IPA, 1 Trashy Blonde, 1 Physics, 1 Rip Tide, 1 Hardcore IPA, 1 Paradox, 1 Speedball, 1 Tokyo, 1 Storm, 1 Chaos Theory
You can buy the new mixed cases here:
Just to make this even better, if you read the blog simply use the discount code BLOG for 10% off your order!
Posted in - our-beers
- Looking forward to trying your beers, if the current blogs are true im in for a treat, i am outside looking for the delivery already :-) snakebite20.01.2009
- ordered 2 mixed packs...one for me one as a present for someone....cant wait for them to arrive! andy mogg15.12.2008
- Very impressed. James from Cornelius reckoned the Coffee Imperial Stout had a similar weight to Paradox but I disagree – surprisingly easy drinking for a 9.5% stout. Expected a thicker mouthfeel I guess but the coffee/hop balance is superb. Nessa and I are doing a Secret Beer Santa next week for our birthdays so guys, if you bother to read this - this is my candidate. Word. G Dunbar12.12.2008
- Absolutely. James recently managed to acquire some 75cl bottles of Hardcore IPA intended for Asda/Walmart. Their loss! G Dunbar12.12.2008
- Cornelius is a cracking little shop - alwys the best place to look for our new releases first!
jbw James (BrewDog)12.12.2008
- Can’t wait to try the coffee stout – just been reliably informed that the ever resourceful Cornelius in Edinburgh have a case at the moment. Guess where I’m headed after work… G Dunbar12.12.2008
- I was wondering how i was going to get my hands on the coffee stout but my question has been answered magic_dave610.12.2008
- Oh, I wish....come on Santa!!?
...but sadly it`s sooo long to sweden, and a s---load expensive as well!;-)
Keep on rocking, some small drips will come down on us....eventually! Patrik Bruckner09.12.2008
- There goes another £59.10, you scoundrels. I dont suppose you have any more Zeitgeist left? That was my top from the prototypes and Id love to get my hands on more, especially if youre not going into production with it. Kevin Burges09.12.2008