5 Things we are excited about in 2013
1) The Dystopian Puppet Hobby Centre
Our Old Fraserburgh Brewery has now been turned into a crazy little brewing laboratory, somewhat questionably dubbed the ‘Dystopian Puppet Hobby Centre’. We have already collaborated with Brodies on a Tayberry Berliner Weisse, brewed a toasted hazelnut porter with our bar managers and have stepped up our barrel ageing program in Fraserburgh too.
Brewing in small batches is central to what we do and retaining the old site will enable us to do this as well as produce slightly larger batches of our core range beers at our awesome new Ellon brewery. You can look forward to barrel aged beers, sour beers and a whole host of other cool stuff coming from Fraserburgh over the next 12 months.
Long Live Dystopian Puppets.
Cicerone is the most well known and respected beer sommelier qualification on the planet. You can find out more here https://cicerone.org. Cicerone Certification Program offers independent assessment and certification on:
- Beer Storage, Sales and Service
- Beer Styles and Culture
- Beer Tasting and Flavors
- Brewing Ingredients and Processes
- Pairing Beer with Food
We are taking Cicerone founder Ray Daniels over to the UK in April to run the first ever Certified Cicerone exams in Europe. There are 3 qualifications levels in the program:
- Certified Beer Server
- Certified Cicerone
- Master Cicerone (there are currently only 6 of these in the world!)
Some of our team have already passed the first level and are studying hard for the tough Certified Cicerone level exam which includes oral, written and tasting components. Every member of the team (including James & Martin) earn themselves a pay rise by passing each level. We are completely committed to education and promoting better understanding of craft beer and believe having as many of our team with these qualifications as possible will help us be even more evangelical and share even more craft beer passion.
3) Watt Dickie
It is a secret. Sharks might be involved.
4) Our 2013 Punk AGM
We are pretty sure this will be THE best AGM the world has ever seen. Full details to follow. This is happening on the 22nd of June in Aberdeen (at the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre) with an open day at the new brewery on Sunday the 23rd.
5) International BrewDog Bars & BrewDog's Beer Academy
BrewDog Stockholm is due to open in April 2013. BrewDog Sao Paulo is due to open in June 2013. We are currently also looking at opening 2 other bars outside the UK in 2013 as the craft beer revolution goes global.
We are also looking for a venue in London for our BrewDog Beer Academy: a bottle shop, home brewing supply shop, 10 barrel craft brewery with interactive brewing sessions, home brewing classes and a BrewDog bar all rolled into one.
Our new brewery is pretty exciting too. But we speak about that enough.
Craft Beer for the People.
Oh and the latest edition of Hop Propaganda is also available now – you can download it here: http://www.brewdog.com/downloads/newsletters
And you can sign up to the Hop Propaganda mailing list here: http://www.brewdog.com/newsletter
- Americans can't spell so why do you copy them? 'Programme and 'flavour'. Apart from that the sun came out today and it's Friday! Cateran15.02.2013
- brewdog berlin....... checkpoint charlie15.02.2013
- What about the Liverpool Bar? I haven't heard news on that for a while? KatyP15.02.2013
- Awaiting AGM with eager anticipation. However, the venue NEEDS tables and seating provided for us to interact more with fellow shareholders and not having to sit on the floor. The live music and awesome craft beers are well enough for myself, but partners/guests/plus ones would be more impressed by this simple addition to the event. SashDog14.02.2013
- manchester .thatl be south o brewdog then yi pap roddy14.02.2013
- Captain Watt, Don't forget Sheffield!
The Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire is ready and waiting!jimmyseats14.02.2013
- 3) Watt Dickie ??
Has Martin been wearing a dress too often ?
Are James & Martin finally making it legal after such a long engagement ?
Is that that the sound of wedding bells ?
Have I missed something (again) ?
Pete H., Nottm14.02.2013
- Hey A L Stalker - if the concept works in London we will definately look at doing it elsewhere. Because it is such a new concept it makes sense for us to do it somewhere with a lot of people nearby.
We are also looking to do something very similar in our new brewery at Ellon too from late summer 2013 too!BrewDog James 14.02.2013
- Brewdog Stockholm, awesomesauce! An actual reason to travel over west more often. Thank you! Finlander14.02.2013
- Why is the Brewdog Academy planned for London? Somewhere like Manchester would be more accessible for more northerly Brewdoggers. Probably cheaper too. Or is the craft beer revolution expanding where the money is? A L Stalker14.02.2013