Punk IPA burns it up in Sweden
BrewDog's flagship brand Punk IPA has been awarded "Best Imported Beer in Sweden in 2008" by the renowned Double Bastard beer web site.
This is a great honour for us, especially as it was voted for by beer drinkers. It is perhaps made even more special by the fact we edged out some of our beer heroes in the voting process.
Sweden was BrewDog's first export market and has developed into a key geography for our young business. Punk IPA is listed at Systembolaget permanently. In addition Paradox Smokehead will be making a temporary appearance there in March, you will have to be quick off the mark though as stocks will be limited. Furthermore we are submitting 3 beers for the next round of Systembolaget tenders so hopefully BrewDog fans in Sweden will see some more of our beers soon. We will also be attending the Stockholm Beer and Whisky Festival in September.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- I have no email at the mo and had some comments on punk i just bought from ASDA (batch 001 bb 26.03.10) and (123 15.08.09) the 001 was more bitter than i expected and the hop flavour different i drank this one first and thought i had tasted punk in better condition. i just opened the 123 and noticed straight away that it had less carbonation and was hazey and i dont drink with my eyes i thought 123 was the better beer in hop flavour and bitterness. hope this helps i know i want to her the comments good or bad. cheers for great beers Stuart Ross09.03.2009
- Well done guys! Its well deserved. youre a breath of fresh air in the scottish brewing industry. Every beer taster I know is willing you on to create more absurd combinations (what idiot savant came up with jasmine and cranberries? Peace be upon them).
Finest Scottish Beers:
1) BrewDog Tokyo
2) BrewDog Paradox 001
3) BrewDog Punk IPA
4) Fyne Ales Porter
5) Harvieston Old Engine Oil
Mon the BrewDog!1!!211!!eleventyone!!1 TheConsumption01.02.2009
- Well done! Especially for winning over the likes of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout – a truly outstanding brew and one of my favourites. G Dunbar31.01.2009
- PuNk ipA o ViTu hYvÄä kAlJaA !!! teemu halmela30.01.2009