Abbie the surfing (Brew)Dog
As far as sponsorship deals go, we're not really the type to go in for mega big name festival six-figure sums or touring with U2, but when something totally awesome and a little bit different lands in our laps, we are the first to get involved. That's what happened when Abbie the surfing dog got in touch a few years ago, and we thought it was high time she got a little exposure on our blog. So! Here's what our favourite aquatic canine has been up to for the past 12 months:
She has come out on top at the following events, which we really wish we had a season ticket to:
- 1st - Loews Dog Surf, Coronado, CA
- 2nd - Helen Woodward, San Diego, CA
- 1st - Surf City, Huntington Beach, CA
- 1st - Florida International Dog Surf (perfect score), Cocoa Beach, FL
- the first dog to surf and win competitions on BOTH U.S. coasts
- the most medalled and longest competing surfing dog at 6 years. And I think we all know what a competitive field this is!
- filmed a TV pilot episode with Former Ms California, in which Abbie teaches Ms California's dogs how to surf. I wonder how long @SimcoeBrewDog would manage to concentrate on that...
- Guinness World Record mentions
- Appearances in Ripley's Believe it or Not
And this year, she will be...
- participating in dog surfing competitions in Texas and Florida.
- planning to release dog aquatic equipment
What other awesomely niche and talented types should we sponsor? Are you a juggling hamster? A unicycling gorilla? A blind porcupine holding the world record for number of hops on a bouncy castle in under 1 minute? Bring forth your links and we'll consider each and every single one.
Follow Abbie on Instagram here
Follow Abbie on Facebook here
Posted in - brewdog-news
- we have one down here in sunny Saltburn-by-the-Sea. She goes by the moniker Meg (surfdog). Has her own facebook page. Check her out. Grahamf421.01.2014
- Abbie is so awesome! This is so cool. HA! Danny from Wisconsin21.01.2014
- BrewDoge. Wow. LOL21.01.2014