An Update on BrewDog Newcastle & other news
Work is now underway at BrewDog Newcastle and James visited yesterday to check on progress. The bar is located in a striking glass fronted premises with exposed steel beams, bolted columns, concrete glad walls and a partial mezzanine. By the 10th of April we will have turned 16 Dean Street into a Mecca for craft beers, A bar where you can escape the pathetic monotony of mass market industrial beers made by faceless multi-national corporations.
Look out for live music, board games, 14 beers on draft, friendly and informed staff and some of the best craft beers on the planet.
Here is what it currently looks like:
View from the front door. We have a cool mezzanine level.
Soon, it should look something like this:
In other news we picked up 2 awesome awards in the last week. Firstly we got Scottish Entrepreneur of the Year at the Scottish Business Awards. On collecting the award James gave Angus Deaton a massive hug. We also picked up Best Enterprise at the Lloyds Enterprise Awards.
Hard to imagine that less than 4 years ago, we still only sold our beers in little stalls like these. It has been a fun journey so far, and we are really excited about the rest of 2012 with our new brewery project an opening some killer craft beer bars.
- crew change 11th April? That means I'm home alone on the 10th. Oh dear have to go on my lonesome....
and a return journey on the 12th no doubt...m07.03.2012
- Huzzah! Can't wait for a decent bar in that part of town (no offense Crown Posada!) Dabooka06.03.2012
- Guys, go abroad. Amsterdam is ripe for the picking. sjoerd97206.03.2012
- Any further news on Leeds? If you're not appealing that building there are a couple of other decent city centre bars up for let. Matt D05.03.2012
- Manchester please..
- By the 10th of April we will have turned 16 Dean Street into a Mecca for craft beers...
Crew change on 11 April so should be back in town from Kenya/Tanzania on 12th April.
Don't think I'll bother with the usual taxi home from the airport, I'll take the Metro straight into town for a few beers in the new bar.nxb05.03.2012
- Any news on Leeds, going to try an appeal or go for a new location? DavidH05.03.2012
- I remember buying beer from that stall. Was the first time I had tasted Brewdog. pgordon05.03.2012
- would like to come down to opener, looking forward to it 3wisemonkeys105.03.2012
- Looks good chaps. Fancy a live brewing demo to kick things off http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-taste/wine-reviews/alastair-gilmour/2010/09/03/shed-proves-a-magical-place-for-home-brewing-61634-27189365/ ken oliver05.03.2012
- Put me +1 on opening guest list eh? Ta. Jeff Pickthall05.03.2012
- Can't wait for Newcastle to open. The bar looks really cool and love the split levels. Marcus05.03.2012