I am a collaborative brew. I am a messed up, idiosyncratic, schizophrenic son of a bitch. I would blame my parents.
(* Note - contrary to what the video says, we decided to age it ALL in oak casks!)
With the wolves of Three Floyds and pirates from BrewDog involved, the writing really was on the wall for me. Right from the start.
Nick, Barnaby and Chris from the legendry Three Floyds visited BrewDog in August 2010 to brew this crazy beer. An inherently Scottish spin on a barley wine brewed with peated malts from Islay, shortbread, toffee and eclectic hops.
After fermentation the beer was aged in old Jura single malt whisky barrels for 8 months.
All because of the Scamp Wolf of Badenoch. Bitch it up baby!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- How did you use shortbread in the brewing? Wouldn't the butter/fat in it do strange things to the beer? Will27.04.2011
- TNP is awesome and the Lager 77 is fantastic... Drew Hillberry26.04.2011
- I love Three Floyds and I love Brewdog... what else could I want from a beer?
Too bad there is a f***ing ocean between me and these bitches.Junkaboy26.04.2011
- Wow. You guys rock. colin25.04.2011
- Cracking label. Cracking beer too.
I'm just wondering how it has changed with aging, from the keg that was on in the bar. You can actually taste the shortbread in it too.Ian Prise25.04.2011