BrewDog and Honest Burgers launch the #BrewBurger
We love burgers. That's no secret. So when Captain James met with Tom from Honest Burgers recently, it was inevitable that there'd be something brewing (and grilling) in the not too distant future.
Ladies and gents, we are super excited to announce the #BrewBurger! This is the ultimate incarnation of food and beer pairing. We have worked closely with Tom and his team to develop not only a perfect beef patty topped with beer candied bacon and a beer BBQ sauce, but also the ideal brew to sip alongside it.
The beer is a 5.8% barrel-aged baby scotch ale called Bourbon Baby, which is the ideal accompaniment to this burger as the honey notes and spicy sweetness meld beautifully with the rich beef and tangy BBQ sauce. Bourbon Baby is light bodied and low ABV and packed with toasted shortcake and blossom honey flavours. We threw a load of First Gold, Willamette and Mt Hood hops at this beer and then barrel aged it for added complexity. The barrel ageing adds a demonic, dark vanilla twist. Rich brown sugar, hints of smoke, spice, chocolate and raisins are just some of the multitude of flavours that have developed.
The burger itself is a 150g aged beef patty topped with Comté cheese, then piled high with 5am Saint candied bacon. Oh yes. Then on top of that, we've got beer fried onions, made with Punk IPA, and for the icing on the burgery cake we've developed a BBQ reduction with Paradox!
The #BrewBurger will be available from all Honest Burgers joints from 3rd March and we'll also be holding some burger pop ups in a few of our bars around the UK with Tom and his team too! Stay tuned for more info on these events.
Bourbon Baby will also be available from the BrewDog online shop soon too!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- What a great initiative guys... I just finished a post on the Brewburger. Hope you like it.
- leeds leeds leeds gumbo21.02.2014
- How about making the burger buns and other dishes with spent brewing grains? Durian21.02.2014
- Veggie burgers can be awesome(r) too!
It would be great to see some fine vegan food and beer pairing in the future. Loads of ways of doing crazy stuff i reckon.
That beer...sounds awesome!!Veganpunk20.02.2014
- Leeds brewdog please hermajestysnookums20.02.2014
- Edinburgh please for us HW Brewing students!! Gimmieburgers20.02.2014
- well done... im starving now! raem20.02.2014
- is this treat not going to be available in brewdog then? hotdog20.02.2014
- Please please please PLEASE can we have a veggie version ??
Pete H., Nottm20.02.2014
- I want it !!! xpanicum20.02.2014
- Surely hot dogs is a more natural partnership.... Meu0514020.02.2014
- It all sounds amazing except beef is the one meat I dont eat! Would there be any chance of doing chicken, lamb or maybe even pork patties in the future? Kato20.02.2014
- please please please do a pop up in the Aberdeen bar bucks20.02.2014
- Nottingham please!
- @M4RKM - what century are we in? #imperialisbollocks
In other news, Yay!Beren20.02.2014
- Goes to Honest Burgers site. Sobs. So London.
The beer still sounds amazing though.Anthony20.02.2014
- BrewDog have you been accessing my dreams? Kate94120.02.2014
- 150g? What country are we in? Were British. 6oz please... #imperial M4RKM20.02.2014
- Two of my favourite things. PLUS BACON AND STUFF. BURGERS BABY20.02.2014
- can i have it for breakfast!? Elspeth20.02.2014
- Well thats made my morning! Dan T Dog20.02.2014