BrewDog Development Fund
Our mission has always been to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. Not just BrewDog beer, but all great craft beer. More people brewing, serving and drinking craft beer from a range of killer breweries can only be a good thing, and that is what we try to achieve across our entire business from our brewery to our bars and our bottle shops.
With this overarching ambition in mind, we are delighted to announce the new BrewDog Development Fund. This fund will see us allocate up to £100,000 of our profits each year as well as loads of our time to help other new craft breweries start up and get established. It was only seven years ago that Martin and myself (James) set up BrewDog with some second hand tanks, a small bank loan and a big mission, and now we want to encourage others to do the same.
As well as providing capital to our new BrewDog Development Fund partners, we will also help them grow by:
· Showcasing their beers in our bars both domestically and internationally
· Providing advice and ongoing support (we know a little bit about growing a brewery)
· Helping with the sourcing of ingredients and brewing materials
· Assisting with equipment purchases
· Offering access to our state of the art laboratory for beer analysis
· Helping them grow sales by introducing them to our international sales network
As part of this initiative we are insanely excited to announce that our first two official partners in the BrewDog Development Fund are the phenomenal Brew by Numbers brewery based in London and CAP, based in Stockholm, Sweden.
We provided £50,000 of support to enable Tom and Dave from Brew By Numbers to turn their homebrewing into one of the best and most unique new craft breweries in the world.
Tom from Brew by Numbers says: "We're really excited to be working with James, Martin and the great team at BrewDog. Their support will help us to develop and grow our young brewery, allowing us to make the best beer possible. What's more, we've found a great home for two of the original BrewDog fermenters!"
Scandinavia has long been an ally of BrewDog, and we wouldn't be where we are today without the support and partnerships we have in Sweden especially. That's why we were keen to give something back by investing in one of their most promising start up breweries too as part of the launch of this fund.
Johan from CAP says: "James tried our beer and liked our philosophy, and we recognised in both our teams the same keen ambition to expand and grow the craft beer scene in Nordic countries. For us it's all about the beer, the people and always staying curious. BrewDog is the same. We are really happy to have James and the team supporting CAP, together we can create hop miracles every day."
The whole concept is about trying to help other craft breweries get established and increase the availability and appreciation of world class craft beers, which, in our view, will ultimately help make the world a better place.
We are currently also working on a few other potential partnerships. Watch this space for further announcements. Any applications to the BrewDog Development Fund should be sent to keith(@)brewdog(.)com and we are open to applications from anywhere in the world.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Is it possibile to drink these beers also in your Florence bar? Do you plan to distribuite them in Italy? Frequencer04.07.2014
- How do we apply d jonsson buttery01.07.2014
- thanks for all the positive feedback both here and on twitter. We are really excited about this new program.
For the investment which up until now has been at least £50,000 per brewery we take a small amount of equity in that business. This is always a small, minority position and although we only release the exact numbers to our EFPs the amount of equity we hold in CAP is under 7%. Similarly we also hold a very small stake in Anchor in America as part of our distribution deal there.
We want to help these breweries grow and develop and we are investing loads of time, energy & resources into helping them do this. By holding a small position in them it means we can also grow our business alongside theirs.
Look out for some amazing BBNO & CAP beers in BrewDog bars soon.BrewDog James01.07.2014
- Interesting question JimBob, is this sponsorship or are there strings? Sable30.06.2014
- Nice. Do you own a bit of those breweries then? JimBob30.06.2014
- Excellent initiative, tickles the imagination! Olefattguy30.06.2014
- Welcome to Belarus! Hrenpoimesh30.06.2014
- This is amazing news, great stuff and awesome to see you supporting and championing other brewers Space beer 30.06.2014