BrewDog HQ - A Work in Progress
Pretty much since the day we moved into our awesome new home in Ellon it was too small. Thankfully when we bought the site we also bought the 2 adjacent plots of land too. What seemed reckless and overly ambitious very soon proved to be a sound decision and we almost finished developing our existing site plus one of the additional sites we also have. Here is what we have been up to:
Building an amazing new warehouse
We are just in the process of moving in at the moment. The warehouse gives us loads of space to build our operation and grow our business as we ship our beers all over the world.
The 4000m2 space will be used for storing beer, packaging materials, loads of barrel ageing and playing badminton with zombies (one of these is a lie). We are also looking at installing a small still to allow us to experiment with some craft spirits too.
The really cool thing about the new warehouse is that it means we can dedicate our existing building 100% to production.
Expanding our Production
The new warehouse gives us the space to expand our production in our current building. This means new Bright Beer Tanks, loads of new fermentation tanks and some new bits and pieces for our packaging equipment. We are also close to placing an order for our very own canning line.
3 New Bright Beer tanks are currently being installed with 2 new 800HL fermentation tanks arriving in February with another 8 on order taking our total FV tank count to over 30 and annual capacity well over 100,000 HL per year.
Our new HQ offices
Located in our new warehouse building, our new HQ offices will be 4 times the size of our current offices giving us the space we need for our teams and our future expansion. The new offices will be over 2 floors and feature a team library, some vintage pinball machines, a few random dogs, an industrial spiral staircase and some networking booths. Oh and we will have some desks, computers and phones too. We are planning to move into our new offices in March this year.
The Dog Tap
As soon as we move into the new offices we will get to work on The Dog Tap which promises to be one of our most exciting projects to date. The Dog Tap is our new visitor centre, tap room, shop and pilot brewing facility located in Ellon. We will have a 10 HL brewing system for recipe development and interactive brewing. In addition we will have an amazing shop selling BrewDog beer, guest bottles, offering growler fills and showcasing our awesome merch. We will also have a Tap Room with 10 beers on tap serving the freshest BrewDog beer anywhere in the world.
Furthermore we will have a dedicated visitor centre offering educational brewery tours letting you dive behind the curtains in the parlor of chaos and amphitheatre of anarchy that is our rock ‘n roll brewery.
We aim to have The Dog Tap open in May 2014, in time for the AGM.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Some great projects here - very happy with how things are progressing and pleased to see my EFP3 investment being very well spent! Fantastic news on the new canning line!! - can hardly wait for the new cans! Fanboy Puppy Lover30.01.2014
- I cant wait for the canning line and the Dog tap. I can see a load of bus trips up on a Saturday in my future. A few fresh beers from the taps and the bus back home with a slab of canned Dead Pony Club under my arm! Ian Prise30.01.2014
- Im doing a BrewDog Bar Tour in early June. Hope the Dog Tap is already open by then. DurdSoB30.01.2014
- Wow !! It must be at least twice as big as it was when I visited last June.
Maybe Ill have to call in again, when Im up in Aberdeen in June this year. Just to check out progress and to see the soon to be legendary Dog Tap.
Pete H., Nottm30.01.2014
- @ Troubledwaters, well spotted, now fixed. BrewDog Rob30.01.2014
- Jackhammer in cans? Please? Uncle Buck30.01.2014
- I hope that playing badminton with zombies isnt the lie. phantom30.01.2014
- May 2012?! Troubledwaters30.01.2014
- Is it still going to be the Admiral Ack Bar? mark30.01.2014