BrewDog Newcastle and an update on our Bar Division
You can invest in BrewDog at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
With BrewDog Aberdeen almost 1 year old (how time flies when you are having fun, right?) and BrewDog Glasgow and BrewDog Edinburgh rocking we are delighted to announce we have concluded a deal that will soon see a BrewDog craft beer bar will be in Newcastle.
BrewDog Newcastle will be at 16 Dean Street and we will hopefully be open just in time for Christmas. It currently looks like this:
The site is on a corner with a great frontage, awesome mezzanine level, high ceilings and huge windows.
As always we will keep you up to date with the design and ft our process as we look to give the new premises our signature industrial, utilitarian and reclaimed make-over.
In other bar news, we will soon be starting work on BrewDog Camden after we successfully got our license at the recent hearing! We are aiming to be open in November.
And we are also in advanced stages of negotiations and have already completed the head of terms for a deal on 16 Newton Street, in the Northern Quarter of Manchester. this would be a big project and if we can successfully conclude a deal would be open in Spring 2012.
The Great BrewDog BarHunt!
We want you to help us find the location for the next BrewDog bar – and we are willing to pay for your help. This is treasure hunt meets Challenge Annika with a punk beer twist!
We want you to submit brief proposals to us on available licensed premises in your area. And if we take you up on the proposal, we will pay you £1000 in cash and £500 in beer and goodies for helping us out as well as giving you a lifetime discount in the new bar. Plus we will pay for a trip for you up to the BrewDog brewery to brew your own beer with our brewers for the grand opening of the new bar! In addition, any proposals which we follow up on will receive some BrewDog merchandise.
- it needs to be currently on the market
- the venue needs to have previously been a bar and have both a cellar and a valid license
- we would consider properties available to buy or lease
- a reasonably small venue – 80-130 capacity.
- a location with good footfall but not necessarily completely central. Anything slightly edgy is cool with us!
We would like the proposals to include:
- A photo of the venue (just snap it on your phone)
- Hopefully a schedule from the selling agent (this can usually be downloaded from the selling agent)
- Some brief information on the location and why you think it would be a good location
Please email the proposals and leads to email@example.com get Bar Hunting Scamps!
Invest in BrewDog at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
- what happened to Brewdog Leeds?? BigD23.09.2011
- Er..that's the one in Newcastle...also Crown Poseda and Bacchus not too far away. Cool, stravale22.09.2011
- hee hee It's next to a lap dancer's club or something like that stravale22.09.2011
- looking forward to brewdog bermuda ; 0 king louie von archbottom22.09.2011
- Matt It's a pub as in public house. Just turn up on opening night. Arrive early or you will never get near the bar if the Glasgow opening was anything to go by.
- owww this will be a very merry christmas!! how do we get an invite to the grand opening?
- Dean Street is a canny location, although a bit of a steep hill... If its looking icy come opening day i'd suggest putting a post outside so people can just slide down the hill and swing in...
Looking forward to itPeleC22.09.2011
- A BrewDog on every corner?
Is the strategy is to ensure potential customers don't have to wait too long or walk too far for their daily jolts of ale?Howard Schultz21.09.2011
- situated between home and work - perfect. Looking forward to a merry Christmas!!! Beer hawk21.09.2011
- Mistaken identity sorry ???????????????????21.09.2011
- Merry fucking christmas ya bastards...great news!!! Brew Dog21.09.2011
- Does the potential venue need to be in mainland UK or could it be in Northern Ireland, ie. Belfast? Josh D20.09.2011
- I should clarify I'm talking about Brewdog Manchester. thechefinator20.09.2011
- That is dangerously close to the port street beer house. but i don't mind, more craft beer for me. thechefinator20.09.2011
- Dangerously close to the office......excellent!!!! richardhay8720.09.2011
- great news just come back from brewdog edinburgh for my birthday treat!! next time i want a brewdog fix i wont have to spend 3 hours on a train!!!and i will be able to use my shareholder discount virtually every week!!!!! tony killeen20.09.2011
- That is an ideal place in the Northern Quarter hope it happens!
- @Eddylive Are you talking about bar(sites) or web(sites) - either way, how about some constructive criticism?
I'm a web developer and certainly have opinions about how the site could be improved, some of which I've passed on (though it's far from poor), but certainly can't fault the Edinburgh bar.Colin20.09.2011
- You really do have to get a proper designer for these sites, some one who at leased went to art school. Eddylive20.09.2011
- Great stuff. My Geordie wife is getting into the Brewdog Revolution....I look forward to "visiting" the in-laws soon! I tweeted a picture of my beloved outside 16 Newton St at the weekend - can't wait for Spring time in Manchester! Going to share my Ingrid tonight to celebrate this news!!
- nice one! that's a quality location, I may live in aberdeen now (soon to be Edinburgh) but I was brought up and have spent a long time in newcastle, that's going to get heaps of footfall, big inside, plus a good alternative scene in Newcastle! top one nice one get sorted! perspicacity corruption20.09.2011
- Oooooh its so exciting!!!
- Been wondering what that place would be turned into – fantastic news, it's a great location.
Looking forward to filling it with geeks one Friday evening! (http://thegeekestdrink.com)Andi Farr20.09.2011
- So glad to hear this, newcastle is a vibrant and active City perfect for Brewdog-dom.
If its done for xmas I'll pop in when visiting family.WhiskyTimes20.09.2011
- OH YAH. I live around the corner ;) Alex H20.09.2011
- Dean St!!!!! Max20.09.2011