BrewDog @ The Rake, Wednesday 13th July
It has been a long time since we rocked out a tasting at our spiritual home in London! The Rake was our first ever London based customer and Martin and James are going to be there to taste some pretty special new beers as well as talk a bit more about BrewDog and our future.
We will launching:
Black Tokyo Horizon- 17.2%
This collaborative beer was created when the paths of Mikkeller, Nogne-Ø, and BrewDog merged. It is an equal combination of ideas and inspiration extracted from each brewery’s respective huge stouts, Black, Dark Horizon, and Tokyo*. A 17.2% Imperial Stout aged in oak for 7 months, then aged on 100% cacao before packaging.
Prototype 17 - 4.9%
What do you get if you combine 77 lager, a Belgian yeast, some old single grain Scotch casks and the finest local Scottish raspberries? We are not really sure either, but we like it.
EFP 2011 - 7.1%
A 7.1% black IPA brewed by our shareholders. Boasting 80 IBUs, we double dry hopped the beer with mountains of Amarillo, Columbus, Chinook, Cascade and Centennial hops. After dry hopping we wanted to add a little more depth and another layer of complexity to the beer so we aged it on toasted oak chips for a further 2 weeks.
We would also like to have Punk IPA on tap as this is our flagship beer, and we kinda like it. And to celebrate a special announcement we are making, draft Punk will be on the house, or on BrewDog more specifically!
From 7pm with tastings upstairs at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm.
The Rake, 14a Winchester Walk
London SE1 9AG tel 020 7407 0557
the revolution will not be televised
- Brilliant event. Thank you guys. Nikolai14.07.2011
- Great night with some great beers. Thanks guys. B Spooer14.07.2011
- Nice ashtray, shame you aren't campaigning for smoking in pubs. tom mann11.07.2011
- Looking forward to the day such events come to Manchester
- Does this mean that the Dark Tokyo Horizon will be available soon as well around the same time as the EFP 2011 or is this more a taster tease to see how well it's maturing? tpickering11.07.2011
- Damn missed it by a month! G-Funk11.07.2011
- Just as a note the title says June.
Shame I can't ge down to London this week. :(R Marshall11.07.2011
- thanks James, quiet day in the office spent mainly refreshing emails looking for it. Hope everyone in London has a great time sdehn11.07.2011
- @sdehn - you will receive an email soon and the bottled version will be packaged and available by the end of the week. James, BrewDog11.07.2011
- I hope the guys who helped brew EFP 2011 will be able to buy some bottles soon? sdehn11.07.2011