BrewDog v Mikkeller
One day, 15 beers, countless beer loving scamps, a madcap Danish Brewer and two important decisions.
At BrewDog we love to get the folks that drink our beer involved on every level possible, whether it be letting you vote on which beers should join our core range with our prototype series, or deciding what we should call our beers with results such as Hops Kill Nazis. With Mikkel Borg Bjergsø paying a visit to BrewDog Camden on the 18th of February we decided that this was too good an opportunity to pass up.
The time for the next Rock ’N’ Roll collaboration between Mikkeller and BrewDog is upon us and this time we wanted to involve you. Voting took place in BrewDog Camden on the 18th during our meet the brewer event with Mikkeller. People were invited to vote on which brewery will design the malt bill and which brewery will design the hop profile of our next collaboration. You decided on BrewDog to come up with the most bad ass malt bill we can while Mikkeller will design a Hop profile to end all hop profiles. Added to that customers were invited to vote on which yeast will be used in this beer and the winner was……………. Well we can’t actually tell you that. The only people who know what yeast will be used are those who were in BrewDog Camden on the 18th. James doesn’t know, Martin doesn’t know and Mikkel doesn’t know (we made him put his fingers in his ears and hum loudly)
This beer will be a blind collaboration. Mikkeller will design the hop profile with no knowledge of what Malt or yeast will be used and BrewDog will design the malt without knowing what Mikkeller has in store for us or what yeast will be used. We could end up with a super hopped imperial Belgian stout or maybe a 10 IBU Wheat Ale. We can’t wait to find out, it’s certainly going to be fun!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Online shops looking dire, been like this a while now, come on guys get your act together . GBH29.02.2012
- Yeah enough of this farting about. When you going to restock the online shop mico29.02.2012
- I love this idea. It could be good or it could be awful. We'll see.
- the on-line shop could do with getting re-stocks......uh hu hu !!!!
- Davidsmmrs45: It's a collaboration, not a contest. One beer, two breweries, blindly designing half the beer each. It's madness.
I like it. I hope they both win!Torp28.02.2012
- I think both parties will do the unexpected. Looking forward to this low hopped 2.4% ABV Stout w Champagne yeast. Heidrun theGoat28.02.2012
- Cool that should be fun. I hope Brewdog win.
- Hopefully we will end up with something: super, awesome and ace. Martin27.02.2012