BrewDog's Fraserburgh Brewery: Our new brewing lab
We are really excited to announce that we are going to keep our Fraserburgh brewery online as our new home of innovation, pilot brewing and concept testing. It will be our own little brewing laboratory where we can let our imaginations run even more wild than they usually do.
Fraserburgh has been our home for the last 5 years and it would have been a shame to leave it completely. Brewing in small batches is central to what we do and retaining the Fraserburgh site will enable us to do this as well as produce larger batches of our core range beers at our awesome new Ellon brewery.
Our new pilot brewery will be very similar to the brewery we started our business with having a small 2 vessel manual brew-house and our original 8 x 20HL fermentation tanks.
Beers we have lined up to brew at the Fraserburgh site include house beers for all our bars which are to be designed and brewed by the individual bar teams, even more barrel aged beers and we are also going to start experimenting with sour beers and wild yeast strains too.
Brewing tiny batches, pushing the boundaries and challenges people's perceptions of beer is intrinsic to everything we believe in.
We are really excited about brewing some awesome small batch beers in Fraserburgh in 2013.
- One of the best news about the Fraserburgh brewery;-) armando-otchoa22.12.2012
- I look forard to trying some more prototypes in the future.
Good luck with the wild yeast / sour beers. My experience with Belgium Lambic beers has NOT been good, but we all have different taste.
Pete H, Nottm.18.12.2012
- Looks like I'll have to start over the tour of the bars to try all the bar house beers! gourlayi17.12.2012
- Alchemy lab-good call JodyNewcastle17.12.2012
- playground love xx readysetGina17.12.2012
- Looking forward to the bar house beers. Adrain H17.12.2012
- Cask Ales will not be returning.
But we will be brewing some awesome things there.
Watch this space in 2013BrewDog James17.12.2012
- Great news guys. Bex17.12.2012
- Looks awesome. So happy to hear this news.
Sure you guys will brew some epic things there.
- Another vote for a return of cask beers! tania_nexust17.12.2012
- return of cask beers? S17.12.2012