BrewDog's Guide to Matching Food with Beer!
For people interested in innovation and forward-thinking, there’s always craft beer and food
pairings. The stylistic diversity of craft beer provides so much potential for finding breathtakingly good pairings which elevates foods and showcases rock ‘n roll beers.
There is a beer to suit every palette and every plate-load. Just take a look at our pairing and serving suggestions to get you started.
Awesome food and beer pairings making people happy at BrewDog Aberdeen.
Food & Beer Matching: The Rules
The rules? What rules! We are not a beer dictatorship. Treat these suggestions as
The more bitterness the beer has, the heartier or livelier the meal needs to be to hold its own.
Keep the Trashy Blonde and the 77 Lager for cucumber sandwiches with royal corgis (woof!), Hardcore IPA and Punk IPA for the chargrilled sausages on your portable BBQ on the beach.
Hoppy beers works well with spicy foods, rich dark stouts are perfect for desserts and strong ales are often the perfect foil for cheese plates.
There is no definitive right or wrong, just keep tasting and trying things. If you like it, it works!
BrewDog Brewers Red and Tobias with Musa Head Chef Dave at our recent beer dinner at www.musaaberdeen.com Photos by Derek Elliott-Jones
- I've always thought that bitter beers and curry worked, but that if you wanted solace rather than synergy, surely a creamier beer would offset the heat of a curry?
Best beer and cheese match ever - Duchesse de Bourgogne and goat's cheese. Hmmm.
- We recently flambeed onions in tokyo, caramelised them and put them through mashed potatoes. Then drank the leftover Tokyo with a star-anise seasoned beef stew. I think it's more versatile with main courses than you've given it credit for here! Freya04.05.2011
- Totally agree with the Punk IPA and curry suggestion - I find it hard to order from my local takeaway without knowing I have a couple of bottles to accompany it! Chris03.05.2011
- and avery brown dredge went pretty nicely with the schnapps cheese ikea sells Stephanos03.05.2011
- cheese and beer is where its at. Coincidence that you should post this as I spent my easter week matching brewdog beers to food and cheeses! My tokyo was consumed with vintage mature cheddar and oatcakes.
I had my 5am saint with a tarkha dahl and very nice it was too.
Hardcore IPA went with a proper decent spicey chili.Stephanos03.05.2011
- Couldnt agree more!
I wrote this a while ago about pairing Brewdog Punk IPA with heavily peppered steak and spicy potato wedges. A match made in heaven.