Equity for Punks hits £1m & an update on our Bar Division
We are really excited to announce that we have received over £1million of investment so far and welcomed over 2,500 new shareholders through Equity for Punks II.
However there is still plenty of time to get involved and either buy part of BrewDog or increase your share holding at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks The share offer is open until the end of 2011 or until we hit our target of £2.2million.
Rather than approaching banks or a venture capital route for investment, we wanted to pioneer a new type of business model and enable craft beer fans to shape the future of the business and the response has far outstripped initial expectations.
Reaching the million pound mark so quickly with Equity for Punks demonstrates that people are not only looking for an alternative to mass market beer; they are looking for an alternative way to invest, a way that bypasses faltering banks, brokers and global mega corporations. BrewDog was always intended to spark a step-change in the evolution of the UK beer market, so we developed a way to raise capital that looked to shake up finance in the same way.
One investor who learned of the project via Twitter was blogger and community manager, Heather Taylor: “I think it's important to invest in growing UK businesses, especially one bold enough to want to change their industry,” She said. “they make great beer and I can see this company expanding throughout the globe. It’s exciting to be given the opportunity to be part of that.”
Another investor, Robert Marshall from Suffolk commented:
“The main reason to invest was to be part of the craft beer revolution. It will be amazing to go to the new brewery and have the knowledge that I played my own small part in making it happen. It will also be great going into a bar I own a part of and ordering a beer that has been brewed by the same company I have shares in. I would have invested much more if I could.”
The amount of money invested has varied greatly, from the minimum of £95 to individual investments of over £20,000. Equity for Punks has also had international appeal, with current investors hailing from 9 different countries, including Sweden, Italy and Germany.
The more investment we raise with Equity for Punks II the quicker we will be able to grow our business and grow the value of your investment!
The share certificates have now been dispatched for those who have invested so far and you will be emailed an interim discount code early next week. We look forward to meeting you all at the AGM!
You can find out more about investing in BrewDog and download the investment prospectus here: www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
BrewDog Bar Division Update
With BrewDog Glasgow opening to rave reviews we have also now launched a new bar sections on our website http://www.brewdog.com/bars
The plan is to add to our bar division and give you more places to drink great craft beers.
We are currently waiting for confirmation of our license in Camden and hope to start work on the property in early September with a view to opening our first bar in the capital in mid October.
We are also working on a few other potential locations including a site in Manchester, a 2nd London location and also a bar in Leeds. We will hopefully be making some more exciting announcements really soon.
You can get yourself an awesome lifetime (yes, lifetime!) discount in all of our bars and also own part of the bars and our entire company by investing at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
- Would like one in Inverness but there is absolutely no chance of that happening......................... stravale15.08.2011
- Norwich is a horrible financial idea and would not be fair to shareholders. Make sure you invest in metal shutters in Camden we aint finished yet. Eddylive15.08.2011
- Leeds Leeds Leeds. Can't wait until you open one up in Yorkshire. email@example.com
- Great news on Camden. Can't wait!
- Would it really be that hard to automatically forward a discount code when send the confirmation that you have debited money from our accounts for shares ? I'm in need of more of your fine product but refuse to place another order until I get some evidence of the Shares & Benefit ! ManxAmbassador12.08.2011
- I dunno BenH, that guy in the middle looks fairly hot.... Cockwithmohawk12.08.2011
- Still waiting for my share certificates... I also hope you don't hit the limit this month so I can pump in whatever left over cash I have to get more shares! Lewi12.08.2011
- the Glasgow Bar Staff look hot. Bex12.08.2011
- The Glasgow bar staff look like the cast from a vampire movie. Cheer up guys. Was being an emo a requirement on their cv? BenH12.08.2011
- Seems that I have terrible grammar.. anyway I still think Norwich could do with a bar useful stop off point between the South and North.. Saying that can't wait for Camden though. Robert Marshall11.08.2011
- I'm already planning my birthday in the Camden Brew Dog bar. After being to the one in Aberdeen, I'm hooked! frangilbert11.08.2011
- Hope my certificate &c arrives! My address somehow got mangled between it being submitted correctly and the receipt coming back from the issuing company and they have refused to investigate properly! tops11.08.2011