Equity for Punks hits target and closes early
We are delighted to announce that the last of the 90,000 Equity for Punks shares were sold on the 29th of December meaning our ground-breaking and innovative share offer was fully subscribed and consequently closed early.
For those of you who like statistics:
- We raised £2.14M
- We now have 5,746 new shareholders, and over 7,000 in total
- We now have shareholders from 32 countries
- The average investment in EFP was £372.43. The largest was £25,000
- We now have 17 shareholders under the age of 6 months. And 2 dogs *woof*.
BrewDog are the first company in Europe to successfully raise funds in this manner (a FSA authorised eIPO). The concept and business model certainly caught the imagination of the press and media as we received an avalanche of coverage and column inches. We even wore suits in some of the photos.
As outlined in the prospectus, the money raised will enable us to build our new brewery (which starts in February) and open new craft beer bars to give you more places to drink awesome beers and exercise your shareholder discount.
We would like to thank our friends at Scottish Enterprise, our advisors at CMS Cameron Mackenna and CCW for helping us turn the Equity for Punks concept into a reality.
And we would like to thank everyone who invested for believing in our company and team. We won't let you guys down and will ensure a great financial return and a pretty cool journey too. The AGM will be in April, dates and details will be announced soon.
Those who invested in December will soon receive an email on how to register for your ID card and with your www.equitypunks.com login. The last batch of share certificates are due to be posted out on 9/1/12. Email any questions to email@example.com
- Great news! To sell £2M of shares online is quite an achievement. I'm sure a lot of people advised against it, but I really appreciated the opportunity to buy into the company in such a convenient way. Onwards and upwards! Fanboy Puppy Lover06.01.2012
- Hope you sending certificates with something better that your usual logistics company!!! Lone Wolf05.01.2012
- Yep, well done folks! Keep the AGM after the 9th will you, half the drinks industry (including myself) will be in France the week before!
- Aye very good news.Hope you don't make the a.g.m. on the first weekend of april, as am away that weekend.Definitly don't want to miss this. David Cowie05.01.2012
- Good news! The AGM might be pretty crowded then! Will welcome packs be sent out some point this month too? I guess it'll take ages.
25k is a massive investment!Stephanos05.01.2012