Firestone Walker. On Tap. And Beastie.
Some people travel the world to experience things they can’t get elsewhere. Visiting Machu Picchu, tasting fresh crab in Alaska or saying hello to Lonesome George, the last Pinta Island tortoise left alive. But (because of us) you don’t have to.
For the first time ever in Europe, Firestone Walker beers will be seen on tap in all BrewDog bars this Thursday. We will be treating you to beers from a brewery responsible for a record breaking number of awards from The Great American Beer Festival.
A happy accident that started with two brothers-in-law homebrewing led to them starting their own brewery. Adam Firestone and David Walker began brewing in 1996 and adopted the ‘Firestone Union’ technique, a modern spin on a traditional method of fermenting in a series of connected oak barrels, which imparts a unique character and complexity to the beer.
Union Jack, Double Jack and Wookey Jack are both hitting the UK for the first time and will be available across our bars on Thursday 20th September from 7pm. Missing these beers would be like missing the apocalypse.
But wait, there’s more! The 20th will also mark the arrival of Hello, My Name is Beastie. This is a Scottish spin on Hello My Name Is Ingrid, our Swedish cloudberry IPA. Hello My Name Is Beastie is a double ipa which has been brewed using local Scottish brambles.
- I for one can't wait to try all these beers. 2/3 pint of " Beastie " please! StevieG19.09.2012
- Will there be firestone bottles hitting the bars? BenH19.09.2012
- A Mouse... Brambles....I get it...Nah i don`t.. hellboy18.09.2012
- It is called Beastie after the famous Robbie Burns poem.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie, O, what a panic's in thy breastie!BrewDog James 18.09.2012
- Is beastie going to be available in bottles at the same time ? Ta
- Dude, Lonesome George is DEAD. H.P. Lovecraft18.09.2012
- I'm confused. What's Scottish about 'Beastie'? Never met anyone called 'Beastie'. Seth18.09.2012
- Destiny! I find it hard to get to the bars - but Brewdog Manchester is scheduled for Thursday! Keep up the awesomeness. Rjones18.09.2012
- You can scratch Lonesome George off that list, he died this year. jonolemiss18.09.2012