Invest in BrewDog at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
Fu*k the system. Forget what you know. What has been. Bow to no one. History is bereft. Reorder. Disorder. Embrace the unknown. The groundbreaking. The challenging. The revolution is upon us.
Say hello to Ghost Deer. A defiant and irreverent, devil may care, supersonic bitch of a beer. Ghost Deer is a 28% fermented beer, the strongest ever fermented beer which is only ever served from a single handcrafted and authentic deer’s head.
This idiosyncratic ale combines the 3 things that we are most passionate about: craft beer, art and taxidermy. This is a revolution in brewing and in beer dispense. The impact is at once beautiful and disturbing – it disrupts conventions and breaks taboos, just like the beer it pours.
It is designed to push the boundaries and challenge people’s perceptions about what beer is and how served and enjoyed. In true BrewDog fashion we've torn up convention, blurred distinctions and pushed brewing and beer packaging to its absolute limits. This beer is an audacious blend of eccentricity, artistry and rebellion; changing the general perception of beer one glass at a time.
In the last couple of years we have brought beer aficionados Sink the Bismarck! At 41% and the epic End of History at 55%. These alcohol contents were achieved by the extreme freezing of an already very strong beer. Ghost Deer achieves 28% ABV simply from the normal fermentation process. We used a variety of yeast strains during the elephantine process and drip fed the fermented masterpiece exotic sugars to ensure the yeast lived long enough to continue the fermentation.
The beer itself is a robust 28% blonde ale. After fermentation it is aged for 6 months in some amazing whisky, bourbon, rum and sherry barrels. There is only one Ghost Deer head and this beer will only ever be available on draft, served in a stemmed glass, direct from the mouth of the deer himself. The elusive deer is going to be resident in BrewDog Edinburgh for a very limited time period commencing at 7.30pm on Wednesday the 7th of September. The deer himself will decide where he will next appear.
If you are lucky enough to meet Ghost Deer and sample this revolutionary brew. Be careful. This schizophrenic delusional screw up of a drink is best enjoyed with vigilance and a dose of vagrant optimism.
Invest in BrewDog at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
Posted in - brewdog-news
- AB:07 tactical bismarck10.09.2011
- i've seen a ghost deer on the highway...i'll never forget that caleb09.09.2011
- yon loons dropt his futtret bi christ .Dave your a dull wee man cheer up min roddy08.09.2011
- Epic launch, Amazing Beer. Great Speech on the bar by James.
Rock on BrewDog!Matt08.09.2011
- Great night at the Edinburgh bar! Ghost Deer good and Mr Squirrel even better. Beer of the day - Fyne Ales Jarl at the Auld Hoose (sorry BrewDog). phanson08.09.2011
- Hope it survives in Edinburgh till Saturday, How much does it cost for this latest brilliant insanity ? showell107.09.2011
- I should have not checked this blog entry!!! only on tap at Edinburgh?? hope it'll be bottled someday... yuki07.09.2011
- you know, much as i love your beers, i hate your use of a burning cigarette in your imagery. I'd hate to have to put up with the ass-stink of cigarette smoke while trying to enjoy some quality beer.
- OMFG! D: Bambi! Mr. Moustache07.09.2011
- send some to manchester please jonny b07.09.2011
- Isn't this the stuff that you were supposed to be launching a month ago at GBBF?
What's taken so long?Finlay07.09.2011
- BEST. VIDEO. YET. Nifty beer too! :0) SWBrewery07.09.2011
- Ohhh this is the one you were planning on launching at GBBF until they went back to cuntland. Nate Dawg!07.09.2011
- Oh my god ! Darkfachor07.09.2011
- Lunacy. Bloody brilliant lunacy. leithdave07.09.2011
- Damn! you guys make me laugh.
Am I right to think that a still from this film appeared in a caption comp. a while back?
Keep up the great work.BeerHawk07.09.2011
- Haha nice! Would awsome if you showed up at Stockholm Beer later this month :) Stefan - Beer Drivel07.09.2011
- Awesome Video! Can't wait to taste the beer!
- Wouldn't it be nice to serve it in the Deer's bladder? erick07.09.2011
- Any chance of the deer being in Brewdog Glasgow on Friday? It's an Equity Punks leaving do and what better way to toast moving onto pastures new!! Chris B07.09.2011
- Amazing. Any US appearances of the Ghost Deer planned? alesfromthecrypt07.09.2011
- Please tell me you have to pull an antler to pour a glass. that would be a whole new level of epic! Storm07.09.2011
- So is this the start of a game of one-up-man-ship with Sam Adams? Utopias07.09.2011
- 'Fu*k the system. Forget what you know. What has been. Bow to no one. History is bereft. Reorder. Disorder. Embrace the unknown. '
... if its all about 'disorder' why do you sensor.. fuck..?
Oh yeah I made a pie that comes out of a stuffed camels arse.. YEAH SUBVERSION...D07.09.2011
- Hope it's Nae too "deer".... I'll get ma coat.
- You are out of your mind
- If only you would make a one off guest appearance at Kildrummy Inn!
- Send some to Sweden, please!
- I'm supposed to be going to a Wedding with my girlfriend on Friday. I'm tempted to make a detour to Manchester Piccadilly and jump a train to Edinburgh for this badboy! John, Manchester07.09.2011
- Seriously, you guys, there is a special place in heaven for you, probably right next to the Canadian guys that invented Bacon Salt. humantorch07.09.2011
- It will be :) James, BrewDog07.09.2011
- I'm hoping this will be appearing in Brewdog Aberdeen. iprise07.09.2011