Hackney Beer Academy
So, we are just about to pitch this to the Hackney council. The location would be at Dalston Library. Let us know your thoughts on the concept and location. The unit is part of the new library at Dalston Square. The unit would be accessible from Roseberry Place.
A BrewDog Brewery, Beer Academy and Bar-Restaurant in the heart of Dalston:
- A 10HL craft brewery.
- Open Brewing Sessions.
- Beer School Tasting Classes.
- Home Brewing Classes.
- Interactive Brewing.
- Beer & Food Pairing Sessions
- A pop up space to showcase local food producers.
- Live Music at Weekend Evenings
It would be all about education and getting hands on with malt and hops.
With some awesome graffiti from local artists.
With a live music space on top of an old shipping container (which will store our malt and hops).
This won’t be a polished, over-styled copper heavy brew-pub. But a pirate, ramshackle Punk DIY brew-pub that people can relate to. It will also be the perfect home for some our existing brewing equipment as we move to our new brewery.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the concept and the potential location. Oh and don't worry local pups - we will look to do something similar at the new brewery for all our Scottish aspiring craft brewers.
- brilliant idea, so close to me too!!!!! eoinmj30.09.2012
- Yes! Tom_newbs28.09.2012
- Do it - more than happy to back you up at the council should it ever get to that stage! Think this is an absolutely brilliant idea and will happily trek out to hipsterville to get involved. crockstar27.09.2012
- Please put my name down for brewing lessons!!!!!! inges011627.09.2012
- Happy to be a positive 'consultee' or supportive letter writer if required! Hackney_Resident26.09.2012
- What a wonderful – and original idea – the Brewdog way! Every success to you and this project. sjlunn26.09.2012
- Looks awesome... something for the homebrewers at last! metalmushroom26.09.2012
- Great idea, but needs to be self financing in the long term and not a drain on the rest of the business. Ian Prise26.09.2012
- It's at times like this I wish I lived in the UK. :( So jealous. XD
Hope this works out for you!Swedish Punk26.09.2012
- YES PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP! Jim26.09.2012
- Oh yes, sounds great! Get me on one of your homebrew courses asap! ogriff26.09.2012
- amazing guys!! barnster26.09.2012
- Do it!! Hackneyite26.09.2012
- Wow. Even the prospect of this makes me crazy jealous Cat26.09.2012
- Great idea. I wish it was up here in Aberdeen area though, although London makes more sense. Good reason for a trip to the big smoke.
Any plans for similar things at the new brewery in Ellon? Id love to be able to drop by, fill a growler, get a tour, and have some grub similar to what many US breweries offer.GC26.09.2012
- This would be amazing - lets hope the council buy into it Wiseman26.09.2012
- Sign me up! Gary26.09.2012
- Sounds amazing, just wish it was in Manchester! Mr U26.09.2012
- Oh yes! I really hope this goes ahead. Nad26.09.2012
- Hell yes! KongTheApe26.09.2012
- Great idea which I hope gets the support locally from TPTB it so richly deserves. Rob T26.09.2012
- As someone who a. lives close to this, b. is a brewdog shareholder and c. a homebrewer, I have to say this looks amazing!
- I'm just in the process of putting together a HERMS home brewery and would be straight there for some education in craft brewing :) Village26.09.2012
- Where can I sign up? ;-) erick26.09.2012
- Do this, do it now! Matux26.09.2012
- Do it! DJMC26.09.2012
- Residential courses lasting 2 years please :D - great concept Lombear26.09.2012
- This looks so ace.
Love the interactive and educational aspect of it all.
Great Location too.Adrian M26.09.2012
- Great concept guys. I hope the council are keen on your proposal. Bex26.09.2012
- Wow - this looks so cool! Mr T 26.09.2012