Have you got a beer that...
Visit any of our bars and you’ll be treated to hundreds of craft beers.
Looking for an uber hoppy IPA – we’ve got one!
Searching for a rich and decadent porter – you’re sorted!
So what if your beer requirements are a little more, well, ‘different’?
It’s cool; we quite literally have a beer for any situation. To prove this, we rocked up to BrewDog Manchester and made some slightly bizarre requests to our barpups Sarah and Jim. And these are the beers they recommended you try if…
1. I want a beer that reminds me of the first time I watched Top Gun
Try Hardcore IPA. It’s a ballsy, hoppy American Double IPA that is out to be the best and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks. One sip of this bad boy and your ears will be ringing with the sweet, sweet sounds of Kenny Loggins ‘Playing with the boys’. All you need to do now is organise your own topless volleyball match a la Maverick and the guys.
2. I want a beer that makes me want to speak like a pirate
Mikkeller Black is definitely the beer for you. It’s a barrel-aged, 18.8% stout that’s matured in tequila and whisky casks which means you get a really smokey, spirity after taste. A few of the staff here at the bar have been enjoying it and after a few you definitely have a tendency to speak like a pirate.
3. I want a beer that should only be consumed whilst listening to MC Hammer
Given that MC Hammer was known was his awesome parachute pants, you’re probably going to want a canned beer which you can easily pop into those baggy, baggy pockets. Big Swell IPA by Hawaiian brewery Maui Brewing Co is the perfect beer for dancing around your room with or taking to a party in the summer sunshine when MC Hammer’s tunes are belting out the speakers.
4. I want a beer that a squirrel would enjoy
It has to be Nut Brown by Alesmith which is a dark brown, drinkable ale. It pairs really well with nutty cheeses like gruyere or aged gouda so if you’re a cheese eating squirrel then this beer is just the ticket.
5. I want a beer that – along with cockroaches and Twinkies – would survive a nuclear apocalypse
Forget surviving the apocalypse, what about bringing it? De Molen’s Hel en Verdoemis is a 10% imperial stout with a satanic twist. Sealed with black wax and printed with a unique code that tells you the ‘number of this beast’, this beer is going to be the only thing left standing after it unleashes its wrath.
Think you can out-request our Manchester bar staff? Head on down and give it a shot!
Got any crazy requests or suggestions? Let us know your own bizarre craft beer pairings.
- So many stouts are made with coffee, how about a beer made with tea? Christopsy24.03.2013
- I want a beer that is brewed with Liqorice and blackcurrants/blackberrys. Is a stout and is aged in Gueze barrels. Cantillon Gueze to be precise. MediaMan198521.03.2013
- A beer that tastes of Jim Beam & coffee
would definitely perk me up!!
- I also want a beer that tastes of honey & lemon Tommo2sauce21.03.2013
- I want a beer that tastes of chocolate & chili Tommo2sauce21.03.2013
- id like a beer made with elderflowers! Kleff21.03.2013
- Ralph den Ridder,
- Awesome of you to recommend de Molen, they make fantastic beer (just like you do).
I've never seen that label, though, I assume they use it for export? The labels they use here in the Netherlands are a very simple old-timey apothecary style.magicthighs20.03.2013
- I want a beer more hoppy than the Easter bunny on a pogo stick on speed. Dimus20.03.2013
- I want a beer that makes me speak like a pirate, but i live in Sweden. what do I do? :( Wilson20.03.2013
- I want a beer that tastes well at 6 am first sunday morning in september after being on a scaffold for 2 days putting flowers on a float, sitting on a chair with tears in my eyes when the float majestically moves out of its tent to live only for two days. Ralph den Ridder20.03.2013
- I'd like a beer that makes my beard curl and turn even more ginger MikeWSmith20.03.2013