Hello My Name is...?
The next in our series of fruit-infused double IPAs sees us head to Finland to brew with a berry we've seen occassionally in the past, sea buckthorn. This time it will be the star of the show, and the beer needs a suitably Finnish name!
This brew will utilise a blend of pale and cara malts, bringing the ABV to 8.2%, which will balance nicely with a blend of hops, and allow the sea buckthorn flavour to complete the trio. The berries will be included in the whirlpool, and will bring a tartness which will play off against the malt sweetness and hop bitterness.
We know that there is a huge thirst for amazing craft beer in Finland, and we're working our socks off to get a bar open there STAT! But in the mean time, here's a little project for you. This beer will be ready early in the summer, so while our brewers are doing their thing, this is your chance to come up with a name!
What name do you want to included on the label of our Finnish-inspired double IPA? Hello My Name is [INSERT YOUR FINNISH-Y SUGGESTION HERE]! We've had Hello My Name is...Ingrid for Sweden, Sonja for Denmark, Mette-Marit for Norway and Vladimir for Russia (tee hee) - so what name should our Finnish friend be known by?
Ideas welcome in the comments below, or on twitter or facebook using the hashtag #HelloMyNameIs and then your suggestion!
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Krapula, because hangover is for sure when Im having on few of these after launch. PNM215.04.2014
- Johtaja PEKKA Siitoin. Leavy15.04.2014
- Hello my name is Mixu!
- Väinö would be the most suitable. This name is derived back to the mythological sage Väinämöinen in Finnish folklore. Back in 1918, the first Finnish monarch was supposed to have Väinö as his reign name before history intervened and Finland eventually became a republic. And there is already a popular song you can sing while drinking this exceptional beer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWqGxEi6v4g MikkoS14.04.2014
- Well, Päivi Räsänen would be very punk. In second comes Hello My Name Is Rokka wellcome Vladimir...
- Hello, my name is Kimmo Wilska örppänä14.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Marja. That´s perfect. Filip14.04.2014
- Hello my name is Keijo. The real first name of Keke Rosberg, first Finnish F1 champion and father of Nico Rosberg. Also, when pronounced in english will most likely sound like K.O. Your welcome :) Kosmik14.04.2014
- Unfortunately, Finland appears to the next stop on vladimir putins whistlestop tour of eastern europe, right after hes annexed the Urkraine. I cant help thinking Hello, my name is Vladimir might have been the straw that broke the donkeys back. He clearly feels he has something to prove! simon14.04.2014
- I think the name should be one of two:
- Hello, My Name is Inigo Montoya.. (You killed my father, prepare to die!) Ste13.04.2014
- Päivi Räsänen13.04.2014
- The greatest finn, Pekka Siitoin!!!! Keijo13.04.2014
- Kimmo Wilska! stonefoto13.04.2014
- Päivi. R13.04.2014
- It has to be Kimi as an ode to the great Kimi Raikkonen surely!!!! Ed R.13.04.2014
- Seriously, theres only ONE real finnish name and thats MATTI.
period, case closed.Tenhorn13.04.2014
- Kimmo Wilska, definitely. Beer-drinking - allegedly - live newscaster. Mikko L13.04.2014
- Lasse Virén s toms13.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Perkele - it wont get any better!! Perkele!!13.04.2014
- en finn En finn12.04.2014
- Pekka, in loving memory of Pekka Siitoin an officer and a gentleman and beer aficianado. Pekka12.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Urho [Kaleva Kekkonen]. of course. smuusi12.04.2014
- KIMI! Crazy, deadpan F1 driver. The only pure punk driver in todays F1 line up. Was going to go with Mika but could be confused with the creator of terrible pop music... BeerHawk12.04.2014
- PERKELE Jaakko12.04.2014
- Hello my name is Tarja (after the former president...) Jussi12.04.2014
- Valtteri TombThorn12.04.2014
- Kimmo Wilska! A positive and brave beer based on freedom of speech! Siri12.04.2014
- Hello my name is Urpo
While being a first name, urpo also means an awkward fool, dont be such an urpo!
Famous Urpos include a beloved retired news anchor Urpo Martikainen and a notable politician Urpo Leppänen.Urpo12.04.2014
After Juha Mieto, more commonly known as Mietaan Jussi. He is a Finnish skiing legend and has also been a member of the Finnish parliament. He is awesome and has what we call Sisu.
Also the book all Finns know, Under the North Star by Väinö Linna, starts with the very famous words Alussa oli Jussi, kuokka ja suo. It roughly translates as In the beginning there were only Jussi, his mattock and a swamp.
- Hello my name is Veikko
E.g. Veikko Vennamo, famous Finnish politician and populist.Veikko12.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Pekka! ParvekeOnAuki12.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is .. Pekka! for obvious reasons.
“Worshipping the Devil in the name of God”
- Pekko and Perkele are just plain boring! Both are clearly names suggested by men who enjoy drinking games, lame swear words and staying in on a Saturday night. Please choose a trendier or a funnier name, like Päivi or Seija or Pirjo, simply any name that belongs to a middle-aged woman. Even Marja for tyrnimarja (sea buckthorn) is better than the lame Perkele and the utterly boring Pekko... For the Love of God12.04.2014
- Hello my name is Algoth
Algoth Niska — http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algoth_Niska
- Hello! My name is Thorne --- Larry Thorne
(Finnish war hero http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Törni)Arsenal12.04.2014
- Päivi (after Päivi Räsänen) would be very very punk!
- Unlike suggested earlier, Ukko was not the name of the Finnish pagan god but a euphemism used to avoid saying the name out loud. The name itself was presumably Perkele, which is also one of the most known Finnish words known outside Finland and would definitely make for a good name (also it would be amusing to hear it pronounced by foreigners).
For amusement, I also like Ilmari, which I got from one of the known Finnish writers (Ilmari Kianto)
An easier pronunciation would be Väinö, which has been suggested here as well and I personally like too. Easy to pronounce but still sort of funny and exotic. Also based on probably the most famous character in Kalevala - Väinämöinen.K12.04.2014
- VÄINÖ. tarvokaunar11.04.2014
- MATTI wellknown Finnish man name. Also a word in Italian language meaning fools or crazy in plural.
- I think you should call this beer Tom of Finland or Touko; just because Touko Laaksonen was one of the first people to bring some sorta of controversial reputation to finland, and was well known around the world, influencing many artists, and also the gay scene around the world. Also what would be the better way of having a name that is liking giving the finger to people, the same as your HELLO MY NAME IS VLADIMIR beer for uber hetero men. some random guest11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Vilhelmiina pirpana11.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Friedrich Karl Ludwig Konstantin von Hessen-Kassel. A.K.A. Kaarle or Väinö I. He is the only king of independent Finland, although he renounced the throne before the coronation. Kunkku11.04.2014
- It really should be Päivi (Räsänen). päkäpää11.04.2014
- Väinö is great! Visse11.04.2014
- Kimmo – in honor of former YLE News (In English) anchor man Kimmo Wilska, who got sacked for drinking beer in live broadcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmIpk1IGt-k Rantavahti11.04.2014
- I think Perkele suits best. Word that gives force, when you really mean something you say PERKELE!. And other meaning, finnish pagan god works as well
I think Päivi is the name if you wanna send a message :)jauhinkivi11.04.2014
No further commentsräsänen11.04.2014
- but dont name it Pekko (as the ancient beer god), we allready have a beer called Pekko (and its awesome) from a microbrewery here in Finland. Susa V11.04.2014
- Dudes, Hello my name is Aino. There is no other way.. its the perfect 100% traditional finnish name (its in Kalevala too). In Kalevala Aino was beautiful, delicate and deeply feeling (like a perfect beer). Susa V.11.04.2014
- Pekko! Trololoo11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kaleva. Kekkonen´s second name and remind national epic Kalevala. Kaltsu11.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Kimmo. A vote for my friend Kimmo Wilska, a noted beer connoisseur and a proponent of liberal legislation concerning non-harmful consumption of intoxicants. Jarmusch11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kaleva. Kekkonen´s second name and remind finish national epic Kalevala. Kaltsu11.04.2014
- Aino, would be best. It would keep it inline with other Scandinavian Hello, my name is series. Plus its really common girls name viisari11.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Vilhelmiina. Old finnish girls name. tepa11.04.2014
- Hello, myös name is Pekko.
Pekko is god of beers and fields in finnish mytology.niko11.04.2014
- Kekkonen, Räsänen, theres my two votes. Cant really decide between them. Puavo11.04.2014
- ...Päivi. Period. Psychosexy11.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Marja! is perfect. As already said, It is a common name in Finland and also is the word for berry in Finnish. kungfutse11.04.2014
- Kick in the Butt
Id like to have...
- Id recommend Väinö, because it is the shorter version of the best known character, Väinämöinen, in the Finnish mythology and would suit name for this presumably excellent product.
Hello, My name is Väinö.Beerlover11.04.2014
- Jammu Siltavuori! Kiroitusvirhe11.04.2014
- Närhen munat Show me!11.04.2014
- Väinö Pertti11.04.2014
- Nuuskamuikkunen Snuffkin11.04.2014
- Louhi, the Mistress of the North, is the shamanistic matriarch of the people of Pohjola Jarppa11.04.2014
- - Kekkonen
- Spede (pertti pasanen)
- Uuno turhapuro
The only real choices.anttipo11.04.2014
- #HelloMyNameIsPerkele!!! Harkto, Hellllsinki11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Uuno (Turhapuro) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uuno_Turhapuro Finanalandos11.04.2014
- Perkele. An ancient finnish god, and possibly the most used curse word in Finnish language. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkele anttip11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Juhani.
The most common male name in Finland. Juhani was the oldest brother of most known novel Seitsemän veljestä (Seven brothers) by Aleksis Kivi.joppe11.04.2014
- Päivi Räsänen kieltolaki11.04.2014
- Jorkki Jorkki11.04.2014
- Sorretun voima! That means power of oppressed in finlan we all feel oppressed and thats why we drink so mutch that we can even once be like kings
- Hello my name is Ansa.
Ansa means trap.joppe11.04.2014
- ARVI. Siinä on kunnon miäs! puol yheksän!11.04.2014
- My name is Linda Lampenius*
- Jukka getmeinahalfpipe11.04.2014
- Nothing ice hockey related please. Its too cliché.
Tarja is excellent. Her hair really is the color of sea buckthorn.Manne11.04.2014
- Pekko, god of barley and brewing! Welcome to Finland, BD!11.04.2014
- Jeppe JUUeikunn11.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Marja would be perfect, as Marja is both a common girls name and also means a berry! Most of the other names suggested above are either horrible, stupid or boring, so Id suggest consulting plenty of Finns before deciding which name to choose :-) Suvi11.04.2014
- My Name is Paavo. Tapanivaan11.04.2014
- How about Mahla? Dandy11.04.2014
- Theres a list of the names of spouses of the presidents: http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luokka:Suomen_presidenttien_puolisot
Hello My Name is Jenni - that would be the wife of the current president...
Though if you want so twist on it: Hello My Name is Pentti - husband of the first female president...Antti, Finland11.04.2014
- Pekka, after the finnish occult magickian Pekka SIitoin. This would sell in the millions. masa66611.04.2014
- KAAOS (written like this: http://www.kaaos-tribe.org/sieppaus.JPG) As a honour of a famous finnish hc-punk band Jylppy11.04.2014
- Hello My name is Väinö. Väino is shortened from Väinämöinen (Kalevala) :) Santtu11.04.2014
- Päivi Räsänen or Kekkonen ! Beerdrinkeruliuli11.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Hollo - sounds terrific!
Hollo is last name for a Finnish poet and human scientistLaila11.04.2014
- Traditional Finn name Tarmo - English synonyms: drive, vigor, activity, energy... for some reason Ive never seen this in beer label before, like most of the proposed ones here Tommi T.11.04.2014
- I´d vote for Villinki or Tyrni :D Toni11111.04.2014
- Pekka Siitoin. Absolutely! Hesiodos Foinix11.04.2014
- TYRNÄVÄ Tyrnävä11.04.2014
- Pekka Siitoin! Mika66611.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Aino!
Traditional finnish female name :) meaning the only oneSanna11.04.2014
- Aino. Its one of the most tradional finnish female names and it would continue the Hello my name is -serie quite nicely. Heidi11.04.2014
- Törni - after Lauri Törni aka Larry Thorne, Finnish war hero and defender of the Western way of life. Hail Larry! IRON TO THE BORDER11.04.2014
- And once again if you missed it:
Sea buckthorn = tyrni.
Kyseessä siis ei ole pihlaja, vaan tyrni.
There´s a vibrant brewery-scene going on here in finland. And beer names that contain actual names come in mass. (Solid list of Teerenpelis products was mentioned earlier, and there are many more).
But my vote actually goes to Marja Tyrni. Marja Tyrni became quite famous few years back from an improvisation based tv-show. Word game just comes together so well in this case.Any One11.04.2014
- Milla. Hello, My Name is Milla! Roberto Serenelli11.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Ahti. Ahti is the god of sea or of fishing. But Ahti is also name of our greatest foreign minister, Ahti Karjalainen. Tootiitotöötituu11.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Liisa Kulhia, an honest Finnish beer with an attitude. straight-backed11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Näkki angel value11.04.2014
- Hello my name is Päivi.
Päivi Räsänen, the chairwoman of the Christian Democrats, has taken every chance to oppose alcohol. She would like to close night clubs earlier and limit the daily sales time of alcohol (currently from 9-21, and in Finland markets can sell only products having less than 4.7 vol-% alcohol).
- Hello my name is...Siitoin. MJ10.04.2014
- ditto to Tove Jansson, Snork Maiden would also be cool... sciencefish10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Insinööri Lindström oslo10.04.2014
- My name is tux. The Linuxs penguin luizleao10.04.2014
- Pilkku , night is young but the time has come then we all
see this bright light which symbolise last orders the proper name is valopilkku but the hard rock party guys knows this one by the familiar and more friendly shortener pilkku . Also so many morning after stories starts with yeah and after Pilkku.... or I cant remember a thing after Pilkku!valopilkku10.04.2014
- HELLO MY NAME IS KEKKONEN! UKK10.04.2014
- Kekkonen. Longh10.04.2014
-the most effective but noble word for cursing in Finnish, reflects the very old school Finnish soul
- Hello My Name is... IMPI. Bastukoff10.04.2014
- Hello my name is PÄIVI After hours of thinking - this would be the best option10.04.2014
- Päivi, after Päivi Räsänen, a Finnish conservative politician. Mr. Mr.10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Marja (after tv comedy character Marja Tyrni) vk10.04.2014
- Go for Tapio http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapio_(spirit) -miksa-10.04.2014
- The name should be Matti of course, refering to the famous finnish ski jumper Matti Nykänen with a die hard rock star attitude and a passion for beverages. The flavor of buckthorn represents his personality quite well. Hirvi10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Pikku Pekka Bryne10.04.2014
- Kolehma Maki10.04.2014
- Rekku Laardipylly10.04.2014
- Sweet... Kolehma10.04.2014
- Päivi Räsänen10.04.2014
- Krapula, what better to name beer after than what its gonna give you - a hangover. Besides its a good Finnish sounding and looking word. Need one..10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Marja-Liisa. HoopHead10.04.2014
- Törni! (Finnish war hero) Me and myself10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Musta Lipponen Dunkelheit10.04.2014
- ripulireikä :D muna10.04.2014
- Marja Tyrni Marja Tyrni10.04.2014
- Hello my name is... Sweet... AP10.04.2014
- REMU kehari10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is... VÄINÖ! Lara10.04.2014
- Kalevi is a suitable name from our natnal epos Kalevala mauri10.04.2014
- George. That is Yrjö in Finnish and it means puke which is suitable since berry beers tend to taste like puke. And thats quite punk. Barf10.04.2014
- Also, Paavo has the same level of masculinity and self-confidence as Putin! Martti10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Paavo!
(For the politics old-timer who says in his EU-campaign that he also wants to be king. Good guy.)Martti10.04.2014
- Somebody has already suggested: Marja. Thumbs up for it. It would be a great name, being very common and traditional female Finnish name, and describing the product.
Otherwise I would say Urho, but Urho is already a beer of Hartwalls, and there is a very popular pub called St. Urhos Pub in Helsinki.epes10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Väinö!
Because Ä and Ö will fuck you up. (And also my 1.5-year old son deserves a good IPA.)Useless user10.04.2014
- here are good names:
these all are really good names. but from all of these i think most impact would have the name kekkonen or spede pasanen. my girlfriend and other friend prefers päivi räsänen
i think all of these names have english wikipedia-entrys except the jussi by which i mean suo, kuokka ja jussi from finnish litterature which also has great social meaning (been in ads etc). from täällä pohjantähden alla.
don´t have time to explain all of this and i´m pretty sure you investigate thoroughly the names anyway but wanted to help =)
- Hello My Name Is... KOLEHMA MAKI SWAGI10.04.2014
- FinnCapita joku10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Teuvo Hakkarainen
- Hello My Name is....Tyrnimarja.
Hello My Name is.....AaltoFoolsgold10.04.2014
- Dorka-Jore Malmin kreikkalainen10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Juha! dartzwader10.04.2014
- Hello name is Matti, of course!!
ehkä otin ehkä en...10.04.2014
- Kekkonen! Tres10.04.2014
- It must be Räsäsen Päpä! RunningBlind10.04.2014
- Heikki Simon Chandler10.04.2014
A Finnish Spitz (Finnish language: SuomenPYSTYKORVA) is a breed of dog originating in Finland.
Notion: Colour! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Finnish_Spitz_600.jpg
- Linus! joeblackwell10.04.2014
- Hello! My name is ... Suvi!
Traditional finnish female name, easy to pronounce in any language and it means summer in english!Beatriz Alves 10.04.2014
- Not my idea but I like the idea of naming it Päivi (Räsänen) or Maria (agreeably not a very Finnish name but..) (Guzenina-Richardson). They are two incredibly annoying politicians with really idiotic ideas on how to decrease the amount of problems involved with excessive drinking. Räsäs*omo10.04.2014
- Kimmo Wilska, the tv newscaster who got fired for displaying beer on news, as a protest against law forbidding displaying beer in TV :) Huvivirsi10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Pekko.
Pekko is name of the god of brewing and beer in finnish mythology.
- Aino Aino10.04.2014
- Vilhelmina or Maiju CMRL10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Sibelius
Which would be after the great composer of Finland: Jean Sibelius
Rodolfo - São Paulo10.04.2014
- it could be something provocative against sick finnish alcohol policy like Fukk off THL, or Pekka Puska, (finnish pro-prohibition byrocrat idiot) heinrich10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Perkele.
- Hello my name is Päivi. For Päivi Räsänen who is the one banning everything in Finland. I think she might even ban you. Or Hello my name is Perkele. Jiimies10.04.2014
- Linus asdf10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kimi Raikkonen.
He is well known to enjoy a beer or two after winning F1 races and Im sure would appreciate a beer named in his honour.Brewdoug10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Paavo Nurmi.
Finnish distance runner.Ringfinger10.04.2014
- Hello, My Name is Tapio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapio_(spirit) Wotanik10.04.2014
- Mäyräkoira (means Dachshund and is also the finnish nickname for a 12 pack of beer)
Btw. didnt read all through, so pardon if this was already here!Arkki Arnkil10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Monopoly
- Ahponen Akseli10.04.2014
- Simo after Simo Häyhä : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4 Prim10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is BARDA! Matheus Bardeli10.04.2014
- Rampe & Naukkis Tomi10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is: kaarina catherine10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is... Päivi!
That would be the biggest possible middle finger towards our Minister of the Interior, Päivi Räsänen, and all the other decision-makers, who are trying to kill all our fine microbreweries around the country by raising the taxes on alcoholic beverages.
Also, she is against gay marriages and abortion.
- Hello my name is Unicorn. Danilo10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Rampe & Naukkis Krigg10.04.2014
- My Name Is... Irina. Rodolo de Paula10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Hollo! Sometimes a swell translation - like Mr. Hollos translations into Finnish - needs to be done with the help of good beer! J. A. Hollo10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Santa (Claus) Viva10.04.2014
- Hello my name is ERNO,
Erilainen Nuori, an unlike youngster. Cause Brewdog is different.naapine10.04.2014
- Päivi. Every beer dinker would understand it. Bitter like the beer with seathorn. M10.04.2014
- ... Aino. Seba10.04.2014
- Jani Toivonen hinttihomonekru10.04.2014
- Sorbus Beer or Päivi Räsänen Aleksi10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Aki Roger; Langenthal10.04.2014
- Paavo Nurmi Alan Ribeiro10.04.2014
- Soppa! tasku_varas66610.04.2014
- RAIMO Teemu Denso10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kalle, and Im an alcoholic.
Finland has over 40 000 Kalle named men, Pikku-Kalle (little Kalle) is famous name used in jokes, Kalle is also finnish porn magazine, kylmäkalle (coldkalle) is name of an ice-brick wich is used in icebox, and Kalle is name of a big Brewdog fan ;) Finnish men drink quite a lot alcohol, especially beer, so thats reason why the ending Im an alcoholic.
- Rampe ja Naukkis! Aake Kalliala10.04.2014
- Hello, My name is... Bailumaca Maca C:llä10.04.2014
- DONT go with Pihla (or Sorbus), it would be misleading. The people who have suggested these have probably misidentified the berry as rowan (pihlaja). Urho, Pekko, Tyrni and Marja are good suggestions. joku10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Matti. Matti is the most popular first name given to male :) Matti10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Matti Matti10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Marja-Liisa. No need to convince - the names just pure sexiness. Late10.04.2014
- Masa Matti10.04.2014
- Spurdo Make10.04.2014
- Ilpo! Finnish10.04.2014
- Villinki. Need to say no more. The most righteous name a beer can have10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Bönthö Kolehma bönthö kolehma10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Pahvihousu mustalaisruhtinas10.04.2014
- ilpo ilpo10.04.2014
- Räsänen, because a politician who should be banned. Larsson10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is...Spede Pertti10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Päivi.
This is one of our most disliked politicians who always is trying to ban everything fun. Would most likely ban alcohol too, given the chance!Piispa10.04.2014
- Vauhtibisse Finnish rally champion of universe10.04.2014
- Rampe & Naukkis brunelle10.04.2014
Name means soup, but in lingo it also means alcoholic bewerage, because of a drink called Sorbus. Sorbus is no longer made, but still has cultural impact. Sorbus was made using the same berries and its name comes from berrys latin name.hane10.04.2014
- Ajuri AP10.04.2014
- Urho or Sisu!! Yazca10.04.2014
- Spörölöröspröddö Kalle H10.04.2014
- Ilpo Larha. Clocker10.04.2014
- Urho. Bcause my 8 week puppy is also Urho, and he needs his own beer, from brewdog of course. Urho10.04.2014
it is a saying for a fresh fruity beer made of buckthorn, it also means the soul of a bear!spurdo10.04.2014
- +1 for Linus.
Finnish coder Linus Torvalds created Linux and its story is very similar to BrewDogs - Linus saw an emerging craft software (open source) movement appearing and knew he could finish the GNU OS faster and better than the rest of the people on the scene.RichD10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Sorbus. tsk10.04.2014
- Tyrni Perkele Euso10.04.2014
- Keinonen Kvantti10.04.2014
- Petja, of course. Petja10.04.2014
- RAIKAS! amurejo10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Rampe ja Naukkis. ppp10.04.2014
- I komp Late. Hello my name is Rampe ja Naukkis would be a big homage to great finnish tv persons, movie stars and musicians honored mr Rampe and mr Naukkis Borstabee10.04.2014
- Sakia AP10.04.2014
- en jaksa enaan meen hirteen10.04.2014
- Sakia juuh10.04.2014
- Hesaswag hipit vittu vinkumassa10.04.2014
- MM95 Pekka10.04.2014
- Helou my name is Rampe ja Naukkis continues.. everyone has to see this great movie. heres a little action clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJn50vGhEk0 hell yeah! Sorry i'm late10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Kimi Trev10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Maki. Maki is godlike character in finnish pop culture and greatest musician in the universe. tapan sut10.04.2014
- hello my name is juovo. veijo vitun esso10.04.2014
- Hello my name is AJURI MAKI LINDA BONTHO KOLEHMA KARVONEN kohelma10.04.2014
- AJURI would be a great name. AP10.04.2014
- Hello my name is SOUMI FINLAND PERKELE! Impaled Nazarene10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Tyrni (Sea Buckthorn) Jami Laes10.04.2014
- Jussi is the most suitable one. Suo, kuokka ja Jussi was the beginning, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_North_Star for example (The book is considered a classic in Finland with print runs into hundreds of thousands. Even most of those who have not read the book recognise the opening words In the beginning there were the marsh, the hoe - and Jussi.) If this is the beginning of Brewdog in Finland, it would be very suitable. :) Stunttis10.04.2014
- I would call it Tapio http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapio_(spirit) --10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kolehma Makiloverboy9610.04.2014
- Hello my name is Rampe ja Naukkis. Great finnish culture plaejaeys. Better than Titanic. Sorry i'm late10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Lahtari. Mannerheim10.04.2014
- AJURI KARVONE Aajee10.04.2014
- Mogausmehu ROGEJENGI10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pirkka Lager Juuh10.04.2014
- Toivo blee10.04.2014
- PERKELE, Tyrni, Urho or Kimmo (most common male name in Finland) Kimmoperkele10.04.2014
- HELLO MY NAME is
Because nalle means bear and bears lives in lappland and it is also a common name.martina henriksson finland 10.04.2014
- Urho Beer already exists and is brewed by the second biggest brewery in Finland. Urho itself is a pretty tasteless bulk lager. Karvamakkara10.04.2014
- Hi! Im really looking forward to see Neekeri -beer here in Finland. Word Neekeri Has long traditions since the early 1920s. The name is also Punk as fuck & it would sell ALOT. Timo10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Urho jlankila10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Sisu-Matti. Because Sisu alone would be too obvious. And Sisu-Matti is the name of my cat. 5 A.M. Saint10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Kekkonen Kekkonen10.04.2014
- I think Sisu would work well, and Ipana is also a rather fitting suggestion.
Soooooo stoked about Brewdog opening a bar in Finland!Hibou10.04.2014
- My name is MOI! Erkki10.04.2014
- Hello, name is Minna. Minna Canth. iplu10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Jami "Jami"10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Maistelutoveri.
Roughly translates to drinking buddy.Tuomaa10.04.2014
- Jukka, it cant be any other. First of all, MTV has already branded Jukka (Jukka-brothers) into a Finnish brand. We moved to Finland when I was a kid and everyone had problems pronouncing my name, so it was changed to be suitable for both Finnish, English and Hindi speaking people. Jukka was the best choice in 1985 and so it is today too. Da110.04.2014
- Otso, Tapio, Mielikki or SEPPO EpicFinnGuy10.04.2014
- HelloMyNameIsAino Teepee10.04.2014
- Kekkonen Jansmakko10.04.2014
- Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen10.04.2014
- I think that Sisu, Urho and Marja are great suggestions. brew dalmatian10.04.2014
- Jorma. Mans name. Synonym for penis ilmari10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Urho belzar10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Paavo. Traditional Finnish name, which would sound interesting to non-Finnish ear. There are several famous Paavos, especially in Finnish politics. One good example is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paavo_V%C3%A4yrynen with incredibly long political CV. Sami10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Sirkka Liisa Dennis10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Perkele. Definately10.04.2014
- Sampo! Or Ukko. S10.04.2014
- It has to be Perkele mbelohorka10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Jari ! Beerdude10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Kekkonen more bass10.04.2014
- Hello, My name is... IPANA
Ipana means child and good beer makes you act like a child.Juhis10.04.2014
- Jesse - aka Jesus God6910.04.2014
- Linus Torvalds CoyPu10.04.2014
- You should brew Arctic Bramble (Rubus Arcticus,in Finnish mesimarja) flavoured beer too and you can call it Messy-beer :) Ill take very small royalties ;D Mesi10.04.2014
- Urho and Perkele would both suit very well indeed! Someon wrote already above of the God named Perkele. It also is the most common word used when a Finn has the mode called sisu on. Urho would suit in just as humorous way as the Vladimir was chosen for Russia. soomalaanen.10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Hollo. After Finnish scholar and translator J. A. Hollo, whose translations made excellent literature accessible to Finnish readers, just like Brewdog will make excellent beer accessible to Finnish drinkers. karajan10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is ... Antti!
Because my friend Monika (from Czech) has been here for 7 months now and never met a guy named Antti. Which is rare, because its such a common name - I would really like to introduce her to a nice Antti. ^^
- Its got to be Kekkonen! perma foreigner10.04.2014
- MARJA My name is...10.04.2014
- Tarja Halonen
the first female president in finlandCoyPu10.04.2014
- Okko should be the name. garryboy10.04.2014
- Obviously #HelloMyNameIsJutta inspired by Jutta Urpilainen. taru10.04.2014
- Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Kekkonen Joona, Tampere10.04.2014
- Hello, My Name is Lotta arequejo10.04.2014
- Sirpa M10.04.2014
- kakka! poo10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is...SISU
Sea buckthorn grows in low nutrition soil, it can withstand harsh weather etc. So the word that describes not only the berry but the Finnish way of life would be perfect. It has also been noted in The New York Times as being a word that fits best to the Finns. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SisuObviously10.04.2014
- Hello my name is PEKKA!!!! Satu10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Hollo! SKTL10.04.2014
- SISU! Milla10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Seppo Lehto. tBa10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Mikko! greiganderson10.04.2014
- We only have one king. JARI LITMANEN! Pekka10.04.2014
- Kekkonen or UKK for sure :-) Stakker10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is... Helmi
(Helmi = pearl in Finnish, also a female name)Jurek10.04.2014
- Ruska - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn_leaf_color Lars10.04.2014
- Urpo! An old name and nowadays also used as derogatory term for dumb people.
-An honest beer to get properly drunk: Urpo!Trinli10.04.2014
- HELLO MY NAME IS PEKKA PUSKA ISMO TUOMINEN10.04.2014
- Ransu Hennigans10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is JORMA jorma10.04.2014
- Tarja, for sure, for president Tarja Halonen: her hair is more or less the colour of the berry, shes a an icon for the country, now also seen epitomizing normcore coolness, and theres a certain tartness about her persona (see the pun?). And you know, she famously used to fix Vladimirs tie... etc10.04.2014
- Pekka, for our nationally known heavy metal fan and favourite TV-meteorologist Pekka Pouta. Rantanen10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Suomineito = Finnish Maiden
- HELLO, MY NAME IS KALERVO BD4EVER10.04.2014
- Hello my name is... Normaali
...for the longliving Finnish band Eppu NormaaliPintintap10.04.2014
- I vouch for Kekkonen as well, but his first name Urho would work even better. Urho meaning a brave man. tokko10.04.2014
- How about Arctic Brew or something? Hawkeye, Helsinki10.04.2014
- Perkele -is the name of god of the forrest Juha10.04.2014
- Pihla! Thats a very pretty girls name. The Alchemist10.04.2014
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukko God10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Elli etikainen10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is KARHUPOIKKA
coz why not?drbrezo10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is TARMO or SAMPO :P
Both are Finnish male names. Tarmo means vigour in Finnish and is also a Finnish sea buckthorn cultivar.
In Finnish mythology Sampo is also a magical artifact that brought good fortune to its holder. In Kalevala it made flour, salt, and gold out of thin air...Nukkumasa10.04.2014
- Henri!! BEER!10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Kauko. Jussi10.04.2014
- Putous is very popular entertainment program in Finland and Marja Tyrni won the competition a character sketch in this program. Suut makiaks.10.04.2014
- Hukka (synonym to wolf in finnish) jpwarg10.04.2014
- Hello, My Name Is Veikko! Veikko is a traditional Finnish name and fits perfectly for beer brewed with attitude and humor. carlos10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Tyrnikki Ipana10.04.2014
- Urho Kaleva or UKK for the legendary Kekkonen! Martti10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pirkka III
Famous finnish king of beers from the ancient times. Known for the colour blue.Hehe10.04.2014
- Hello my name is... Beer from Estonia.
...because of the recent news about alcohol laws and customsJJ_210.04.2014
- My name is Kimmo - the actual guy mentioned by Aki up there (Kimmo Wilska). Just to let you know I would be quite flattered to actually have a beer named after me. Kimmo10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kaisa Jamie10.04.2014
- Hello my name is ministeri Huovinen.
Minister Huovinen wants beer to be sold only from state-controlled alcohol stores.kikko10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pekko! Ofc! Pk10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Marja Tyrni, definitely. http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marja_Tyrni
Berry means marja and sea buckthorn means tyrni in FinnishTerttu10.04.2014
- Take into consideration that a Finnish brewery/restaurant chain Teerenpeli has beers with a combination of adjective and a Finnish first name (one of these: Pekka, Jaakko, Leevi, Veikko, Heikki, Santtu, Reino, Matti, Paavo). Youll find the list here:
Im not saying you cannot use the same names, but just that you know when deciding.synch10.04.2014
- Pekko. Not (only) after a god but infamous comedy character Pekko http://www.telvis.fi/images/filmiopas/titles/63/63408.jpg Heka10.04.2014
- The one and only: Kekkonen.
Our greatest leader from the past: Urho Kaleva Kekkonen.
Seriously, look at him:
I say, theres a brand face!
- Hello My Name Is Simo,
because my name is Simo, and Im pretty awesome guy!Simo10.04.2014
- Pekko! BK10.04.2014
- Hello my name is... Marjatta Marjatta10.04.2014
- Martti Martti10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Jussi. Might just be the most traditional of finnish first names, also its a nickname for the hugely beer infested midsummer celebration here (juhannus aka jussi) Red10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kirpee!
Kirpee = Tart
What could honestly be more suitable for IPA?Tuukka, Finland10.04.2014
- Hello my name is... Joona Dude10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Lars. Delfina10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Maku
Maku is Finnish for tasteMatias10.04.2014
- Jyrki! (In the vein of Vladimir, he is an unlikable politician.) ooK10.04.2014
- Litti Juti10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kekkonen. The Legend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urho_Kekkonen Kekkonen10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is... Pekka!
A common name that closely relates to the less common Pekko, the god of agriculture and beer.Pekka P.10.04.2014
- Jorma - Its a common mans name in the 50-60s and also If a man has a big penis it might be called Jorma 😊 Anni10.04.2014
- Hello my name is.. Seppo
(A great finnish male name that has origins in Kalevala, the national book of Finland, and means a blacksmith.)Seppo10.04.2014
- Tarja or maybe Halonen after the former president. Toni H.10.04.2014
- Aino! juha10.04.2014
- PENTTI - a very Finnish first name with a hint of pint. Juho10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is...Urho Janski10.04.2014
- Pekko ! Wihtis10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Sampo
Because everything good comes from Brewdog.S10.04.2014
- Markku MikkoMikkoMikko10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Susanna. Dedicated to our Minister of Health and Social Services, Susanna Huovinen. She wants shops in Finland to stop selling beer. She is evil. kumikeijo10.04.2014
- Kullervo or Joukahainen Oswaldo10.04.2014
- Tarja Oswaldo10.04.2014
- Ukko, Pekka or Kekkonen. One Eyed Cyclops10.04.2014
- Has to be Saana, the most beautiful fell in Finland. Also used as a womans name, though not a very common one.
- As mentioned above Hello, my name is Marja would be great. As with the names of the Nordic countries, also Marja is a womens name. It also means berry. LRZ10.04.2014
- Kekkonen Metsuri10.04.2014
- Hahhhah, the best suggestion by far is of course a blunt and simple Hello.. No nonsense name for a no nonsense beer. Iivana Julma10.04.2014
- Hello my name is ... Spede.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOu_On_6vMY I need beerTruth10.04.2014
- There are many names and words that deserve to be mentioned here, but if you really want to find one word that describes us Finns and combines the essential character of our most famous people, the word would be SISU!
Individuals suchs as Mannerheim, Ryti, Ehrnrooth and nowadays our sport athletes around the globe have all the same attribute; Sisu, the gut and courage to do things that others (mainly Swedes) can only dream about :)Finn10.04.2014
- Jarmo! Bullas10.04.2014
- My name is.. Spede
Legendary finnish tv and movie person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOu_On_6vMY
- Id vote for Marja as well, fits a berry infused beer just right. Wilkman10.04.2014
- If you really think about it, there is only one valid option.
- Nokia Badger10.04.2014
- Marja Tyrni. She is a character sketch from Finland. Marja means berry and Tyrni means bucthorn in Finnish.
- Hello my name is... Salama! As like all the best Finnish hockey-player Teemu Selänne nickname Finnish flash Salmari10.04.2014
- Marja Tyrni Miksu10.04.2014
- I like the Pekka option.
Or otherwise why not Sisu!?
- Hello my name is Jari. After famous finnish football player Jari Litmanen. Also known as the King Jari. Heksa10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Perkele. Hello my name is Maija. Hello my name is Jussi. Jarppa10.04.2014
- Nykanen!!! Nykanen10.04.2014
- Perkele must be the most finnish word staph!10.04.2014
- Urho! (As in president Kekkonen or a brave person.) K10.04.2014
- My Name is Timo after the great rally driver Timo Makinen. Im sure that would resonate with a Finnish audience Don P10.04.2014
- As the finns are known for their timidness and the fact that in general they just dont like to speak why not: Hello my name is... ... Heki10.04.2014
- ...RAKKI. Not the nicest finnish word for a dog. mikapetteri10.04.2014
- Perkele. Must be Perkele. For all that is holy10.04.2014
- Sisu Slikki10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Jarppi.
Finnish - check
Bit of a cult icon/ Punk - check
Minus a thumb after wrestling a polar bear - check
What more could you wish for...rwebster10.04.2014
- Definitely Pihla! Pug10.04.2014
- My name is Slim Shaddy Bergson10.04.2014
- Tarja. neotic10.04.2014
- Ukko has been popping up here a few times and to be honest that would be a good name. ylijumala10.04.2014
- Timo Soini! Leader of true finns party, overweight homophobic icon of all the jerks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finns_Party#Timo_Soini Zem10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kukka =flower Gloriana10.04.2014
- Definitely Tarja (former president of Finland), like some have already said before. After all, her hair is exactly the same color as buckthorn! crestfall10.04.2014
- Perkele Perkele10.04.2014
- Sonorously naming the beer Ukko is an exhilaratingly Finnish proposition! Will gladly give all of my votes for that one! Ukko10.04.2014
- Sari :) triple IPA10.04.2014
- Osmotar after the beer brewing goddess in Kalevala (Finnish folklore). A female name would also be in line with the other Nordic Hello, my name is... beers. mtd10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Lordi in tribute to the beast that punked Eurovision james ainsworth10.04.2014
- Pekka with this picture
- hello my name is sisu
- Pekka. Pekka is the main person in almost all Norwegian jokes on Finnish people ;-) Ottar 10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is...Keijo
Sea Buckthorn = TyrniML10.04.2014
- Valo baba10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pekka poisoni10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Tauski leuka 10.04.2014
- Pekka! Micael Klefberg10.04.2014
- Katainen, the soon to be ex-prime minister of Finland, who has quite a tarnished reputation at the moment. Hello My Name Is...10.04.2014
- Marja - very common Finnish female name and has literal meaning berry h10.04.2014
- Raimo. Dige10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Tiina Lillak. On a beer note, she trumped Whitbread when it mattered! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo_Vu1ZenYU Monty10.04.2014
- Perkele. Hello, My name is10.04.2014
- Moomin beersiveknown10.04.2014
- How about tyrni which is sea-buckthorn in Finnish? Zouppen10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pihla. jarsso10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is .... Lortto, the Finnish goddess of love. Jano10.04.2014
- Jaakko Jaakko10.04.2014
- Theres no better name than Pekko, the god of beer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peko EgoistHedonist10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is Urho in memory of our longest standing president and mid-to-late 20th century overlord, Urho Kekkonen.
The added bonus is that the name Urho translates roughly into Brave Person in English. Beer for the Brave, the Brave Finns!Aleksi10.04.2014
- It has to be Hello My Name Is... Kimmo.
Kimmo Wilska is an English-speaking Finnish newscaster. He worked at YLE from 1985 until 2010 in YLEs morning broadcast, and read the English-language news on YLE News.
On 13 August 2010, Wilska was fired after pretending to be caught drinking beer on camera following an alcohol-related news story. The stunt was too much for YLE, and Wilska was immediately fired. Wilska is known to have previously finished the 2009 Christmas newscast wearing a Santa Claus hat. Wilska received much support from viewers after the incident, and the clip of the gag became an Internet meme amongst Finnish YouTube users.Aki10.04.2014
- It just has to be Ukko.
- One more vote for Pekko, the god for crops and beer. Alternatively Ukko, the high god in Finnish mythology. Nikke10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Marja (which also means berry in Finnish) :)
Whatever the name: we cant wait to taste it!Manuela10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Hermanni! tyrnimarja10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Granlund
TORILLA TAVATAAN.TO RIL LA10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Pekka! Obviously :) 32210.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pekko. Pekko is the ancient god of beer in Finland. AAC10.04.2014
- As Finns are notorious for their quietness and dislike for small talk Id just call the beer Hello. Jyrsae10.04.2014
- Juoksentelisinkohan elventhor10.04.2014
- It should be Lalli.
- Sticking the the ban on gay marriage theme, theres always Krista Siegfrids who decided to air a live lesbian kiss in protest on Eurovision 2013! www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2326423/Eurovision-2013-Finnish-entrant-Krista-Siegfrids-stokes-controversy-stage-kiss-lesbian-wedding.html firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raimo! FINN10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Pekka! pyllis10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Kalja Jonne10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Joulupukki (Finnish for Santa Claus) Tyrnava10.04.2014
- How about Aino, from the Finnish national epic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urho_KekkonenIt has to be10.04.2014
- Hows about Hello My name is Meri-Marjat
Hoping Google Translate is spot on but it translates as Sea-berries - simplesSneakybutcher10.04.2014
- Pekka pekka8810.04.2014
- It has to be Hello My Name is Lordi
How can anyone forget their epic Eurovision Song Contest win in 2006 with the song Hard Rock Hallelujah
Heres a YouTube clip to re-live that epic moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAh9NRGNhUU
BrewDog often go against the grain and conformity and this epic 2006 Eurovision win from Finland was also just that! :)johncolemanuk10.04.2014
- Hello My Name is Pekka! Finski10.04.2014
- Tarja, as per the first Finnish female president. Or as suggested, Marja, first name also meaning berry. Or Marja-Terttu, a bunch of berries :) Vilma 10.04.2014
- Hello my name is Hermanni Kekkonen10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is Kekkonen, no doubt about it. ikkuvaljo10.04.2014
- You should have brewed the Finnish version without any berries and named it Hello My Name is Marjatta. Marjatta doubles as a common female name and a word meaning without berries in Finnish. Antti10.04.2014
Hello my name is.. Hermannihumppis10.04.2014
- Of course the name should be Hello my name is... PERKELE!. Finman10.04.2014
- Hello, my name is C.G.E!!! Obviously.
- LINUS! PLEASE! Linus H10.04.2014
- Hello My Name Is...Jarppi, Jukka or Jarno. The Dudesons. Cobaines10.04.2014
- Theres only one Finn you could name it after. Tove Jansson, creator of the Moomins! Ian S.10.04.2014
- What is sea buckthorn?! Elena, London10.04.2014
- This better be on tap at the launch! ;) FINLAND NEEDS A BAR!10.04.2014