Who is Mette Marit? And why is she censored?
Invest in BrewDog at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks
The latest beer in our series inspired by the cult classic, Hello My Name Is Ingrid, Hello My Name is Mette Marit is a Norwegian inspired double IPA. This beer is definitely not as innocent as she first appears. A seductive body of rich malts and a buxom amount of Citra, Nelson Sauvin and Brambling Cross hops have been added with mountains of fresh Norwegian Lingonberries. This is one red berry hop explosion, best enjoyed with a faux air of aristocratic nonchalance.
You can buy some here http://www.brewdog.com/product/hello-my-name-is-mette-marit
Causing a media storm in Norway.
It all raises an interesting question. Just who is Mette Marit? Here are some options.
1) Mette Marit is a Mermaid
Half woman, half fish. A pirate's fantasy after a hard day doing pirate stuff. Think Keira Knightly in Pirates of the Caribbean meets Flipper. James actually met this Mermaid when he worked on the high seas of the North Atlantic.
2) Mette Marit is Queen (or something like that) of Norway
"I have a girlfriend; her name is Mette-Marit". With this statement Crown Prince Haakon of Norway announced his relationship to Mette-Marit, a single mother with a past from circles of drug abuse and house-parties.
The Crown Prince's choice of partner raised anger within the nation. Who was this girl? Would the Prince's choice put an end to the monarchy? The scandals were numerous: A son from a former relationship with a man convicted of drug possession. A father with whom she barely spoke. A brother convicted for domestic violence. Rumours of drug abuse and sex videos. Mette Marit journey included a wild past, through a spectacular royal wedding and finally giving birth to the first female heir to the throne of Norway; Princess Ingrid Alexandra. Her story is a true modern Cinderella story, with a fair degree of scandal thrown in.
Good luck to her. She is officially BrewDog's favourite ever monarch and is also making a guest appearance in our next video blog.
3) Mette Marit was Martin's pet Guinea Pig
His favourite childhood pet. It was also the animal partly responsible for Martin's proudest ever achievement: winning a prize for having the cleanest guinea pig in north east Scotland in 1991.
You could see the sunshine glint off the little mother fucker.
The secret to it's shiny coat? Martin washed and conditioned the little beast daily and fed it oily fish such as mackerel.
We are also sending this beer to Norway. In Norway it will be known as "Hello My Name Is Censored". You can make up your own mind as to why. And as to who censored it.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Next time, why not add some hard candy chocolate, and call it M+M ?
(Guess that 'Raps' it up).
- Where can we get this in Norway? Norwegian20.07.2013
- This is why you guys are simply awesome :-) Tori19.07.2013
- This sooooo AWESOMELY funny, I nearly peed my pants laughing at such a killer example of sheer audacity. Grahamf419.07.2013
- Naughty Naughty..... ;-p Paul Johnston19.07.2013
- I moved to Norway years ago from Scotland and this has caused a lot of laughs at work today here in beer crazy Norway. Thegreenmarginal19.07.2013
- Im changing my name to Censored. Censored19.07.2013
- Oooooooooooooooooh! BrewDog does it again. A round of applause from Norway. Nils19.07.2013
- Read about this yesterday, still not sure who this lass is, but it's still freakin funny. Anna McG19.07.2013
- Seriously?! You guys got balls...! George H19.07.2013
- I don't know who she is, but I'm rooting for #1. Mermaids FTW. Daniel K19.07.2013
- Hahahaha! This is why you guys are so great. Jaska19.07.2013