Hiding in Tanks: An update on some limited release beers
FV 16 - San Diego Scotch Ale. Due to be released early September. Bottle only.
Brew-Date: 16th November 2011
Location: BrewDog HQ, North East Scotland
The Team: Martin, James & Stewart (BrewDog) and Yusseff Cherney (Ballast Point)
The Beer: A San Diego Scotch Ale. OG 1090
The Hops: Challenger, First Gold, Amarillo
The Twist: This beer has been aged in whisky casks with raisins soaked in Ballast Point Rum (they were amazing!)
Let’s create a new world order.
Tonight you raise the anchor, take to the seas and charter territories undiscovered by man or beast.
Destroy it all in your wake – the day job, the grind of normality, people’s cardboard cut-out expectations.
Make a beeline for those shimmering, swirling outstretched arms of the unknown and don’t look back.
You are San Salvador.
Navigating the putrid, snapping jaws of life’s great sea monsters on the way to discover your San Diego.
Skim across crests of white to the tune of your own sea shanty before land is finally in sight.
Then you capture and you conquer.
Take this world as your hostage because tonight, there's nothing they can fucking do about it.
FV 6 - White Noise - keg only at BrewDog Bars. Due for release late August.
This beer is the brainchild of Chris Pilkington. A hardcore member of our brewing team, Chris also brews vociferously on our pilot plant. Usually on his days off. White Noise is a white IPA that started off as one of Chris' day off experiments. We all loved the beer so much we decided to brew a larger batch so more people could try it.
Chris and Charlotte brewing the pilot batch of White Noise.
A white IPA is a tasty and innovative twist on a conventional india pale ale. An IPA brewed with plenty of wheat, fermented with a Belgian yeast with some coriander thrown in for good measure. Oh and this one has mountains of Moteuka hops. And then lots of dry hops too.
Look out for it on tap in all BrewDog bars. You'll notice the complex and punchy hop zing you've come to expect in an IPA, balanced with the extraordinary bright flavour of a wheat beer.
FV 12 - Hello my name is .........? Bottles and Kegs. Released mid September.
Hello my name is Ingrid acquired almost mythical status among beer drinkers in 2010 and 2011. 2 small batches made for our Swedish importer of a double IPA infused with Swedish cloudberries went down an absolute storm.
We dug out and dusted down the recipe and decided to give the beer a Scottish as opposed to Scandinavian berry twist.
Hello my name is ...........? (please make a suggestion for what the name should be in the comments box below) is a Scottish double IPA infused with brambles.
FV 23 - AB:11 - bottles only. Released when we think it is ready.
AB:11 will is an imperial black barley wine brewed with ginger, black raspberries and chipotle peppers. An 11.9% rollercoaster of ginger zestiness, chipotle smokiness all bound together with dark berry tartness and the decadent residual body of a black barley wine.
Posted in - brewdog-news
- Hello, my name is Jock McSporran Monty25.08.2012
- I think the Scottish translation of Ingrid would have to be Bonnie. Simon25.08.2012
- Hello my name is TARANTINO Gilberto Tarantino25.08.2012
- Aye aye ma names Isa Levi25.08.2012
- Obviously, Hello, My Name is Jimmy.
Eh James ?
Look forward to trying the product, whatever it's called. The White Noise sounds great too, Nice one Chris.
Please do Ingrid again, it's a winner.
And, American Saison, and............ad infinitum. (latin for "aw goan dae it").
- It has to be Morag! I'm glad to see that a few others have already suggested this. As soon as I heard about the plan to brew this beer, Morag was the name that came to mind. Jonathan25.08.2012
- My name is Ishbel.... Rimc24.08.2012
- Hello my name is Richard Cranium. Christopsy24.08.2012
- Hello my name is... Brad24.08.2012
- Hello my name is MacIngrid John H24.08.2012
- Hello, my name is Mary hen! BeerHawk23.08.2012
- There is only one person fit to have there name on a beer hello my name is SUBO Stevie23.08.2012
- Well, assuming Ingrid was Ingrid Bergman, the legendary Oscar-winning actress. Who's our equivalent? Can only be one of two women: Dee Hepburn or Claire Grogan. My Name is Claire? leithdave23.08.2012
- senga roddy23.08.2012
- Hello. How are you? My name is Kenzi. john.rolph23.08.2012
- Hello My Name is Brambles ConorCawley23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Cunningham Robbie__9023.08.2012
- Hello my name is slim shandy trickybrew23.08.2012
- Sheena is a punk rocker...so
Hello My Name is Sheena ( or how you like to spell it )Micke W23.08.2012
- Hello My Name is Nessie Caso23.08.2012
- Hello! My Name is Nessie! Micke W23.08.2012
- Hello, my name is Jorma-Anneli! Jiimies23.08.2012
- Damn. Agnes has been said before. :( Outside_Now23.08.2012
- Got to be Henrik. thelaughinggooner23.08.2012
- I'd go for 'Hello, My Name Is Agnes', myself. Outside_Now23.08.2012
- Damn, the AB:11 sounds awesome! I also look forward to tasting....Hello, my name is Giuseppe McAlvany grohs23.08.2012
- Hello, My Name is Sean, Sean Connery
Hello, My Name is Hoy
Hello, My Name Is Cutler
Hello, My Name Is Braithwaite
Hello, My Name Is AlbaJonesian23.08.2012
- Hamish cam9123.08.2012
- Hello my name is Inbred
....as you're mixing Scottish with Scottish :-)gwooding23.08.2012
- Lokí Urv23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Torquil ianmcl23.08.2012
- Another vote for Morag Danny W23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Hermanni Don23.08.2012
- "Hello my name is ... Mr Scott. Beam me up!"
Or just "Connor MacLeod"DpubleWood23.08.2012
- My name is Björn Peter W23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Elspeth (Family Ness for the win) thechobgoblin23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Eerie, sounds about right :) Lucas Bertilsson/Sweden23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Connor MacLeod and I am immortal. JP23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Morag.
Most Scottish name ever, made famous by the cow puppet on 90s Saturday morning show Fully Booked.Chris Hall23.08.2012
- My name is Angus Bebop198023.08.2012
- Hello my name is Fiona James L 23.08.2012
- Hello, my name is Kirsty McDougall.
She's a canny lassie, so why not?Foxon23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Senga Jamie23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Ivo Frenck Brewer23.08.2012
- Heather Ilovetea7723.08.2012
- Kirsty or Morag! Fanboy Puppy Lover23.08.2012
- Hello My Name is Betty Roddy Edgar23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Och I the noo mico23.08.2012
- Fully agree with Chris Williams above, it has to be "Hello my name is Agnes" a_gnome23.08.2012
- *Maeve I suppose technically mikec23.08.2012
Hello my name is Meave (celtic for she who intoxicates)mikec23.08.2012
- Another vote for "Hello, My Name Is Morag" John McLusky23.08.2012
- Hello my name is Loch BrewDog OyvindGG23.08.2012
- That Scotch Ale sounds fucking awesome!!
Hello My Name is McIngridDombinoon 22.08.2012
- Hello, my name is Socco Christopsy22.08.2012
- Hello my name is none of your business. MediaMan198522.08.2012
- Hello, My Name Is Berryl Lombear22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Hamish 3fj22.08.2012
- A Scottish twist? I have a few suggestions;
Hello my name is William (Named after William Wallace)
Hello my name is Mr Wallace(Named after William Wallace....Again!)
Hello my name is Scott (Scotland of course)
Hello my name is Nessie (Enough said)
You could also change the Hello to Hi, for example;
Hi my name is Berry.MediaMan198522.08.2012
- my name is... 2522.08.2012
- My name is Hitler. georgethebluehippo22.08.2012
- Hello, My Name Is Titus Brambles Monty22.08.2012
- Hello, my name is Scrooge McDog Vincet22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Wilf
Okay, so Steptoe and Son isn't even remotely Scottish, but Wilf Bramble is legendary.Jake P22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Bruce. S22.08.2012
- Hello, my name is Logan Logan22.08.2012
- Helo my name is Inigo Montoya Minimalizarte22.08.2012
- Hello my name is shamus. Probably as scottish as Ingrid is swedish anyay :-D mbelohorka22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Legion Charlie Blake22.08.2012
- What about "Hello my name is Morag"? simoncarbon22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Isla
Hello my name is Inacom16022.08.2012
- Hello my name is... Angela!
(in honour of ... well you know who)Mark C22.08.2012
- hello my name is Senga Rab22.08.2012
- Hello My Name Is Rab StuBrew22.08.2012
- Is there a plan for renewal/new Abstakt club membership with the release of AB:11? se22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Hamish.
- For what it is worth, I like:
Hello, my name is Beastie.
- Hello, My Name Is Hamish
Hello, My Name Is Susan Boyle (unlikely option)firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hello my name is Hamish max22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Trevor McDonald Davidmc22.08.2012
- Surely it's gotta be "Hello My Name Is Agnes"? Chris Williams22.08.2012
- White Noise sounds a bit special... To Dean Street... Avante PeleC22.08.2012
- Hello my name is Nate Dawg. NateDawg2722.08.2012
- Sounds great.
Can't wait to try White Noise.Adrian M22.08.2012