Hop Slam Wednesday - 21st March in all BrewDog Bars
IPA is Dead Launch Event - Wednesday 21st March in All BrewDog Bars! From 7pm
IPA is dead showcases 4 killer hops varieties from 4 corners of the planet. The result is 4 radically different single hop IPAs. Each IPA contains the same malt backbone and is brewed to be 75 IBU and is enthusiastically kettle hopped and massively dry hopped.
We will be launching them all on draft in a Hop Slam Wednesday in all BrewDog Bars from 7pm on Wednesday the 21st March.
(Our shareholders will get the chance to order the bottle set online the afternoon before.)
To appreciate the true character, flavour, power and aroma of our favourite hops you need them in their purest, undiluted form. The 2012 incarnation will see a mixed 4 pack of 4 single hop IPAs using HBC - a new American prototype hop, Galaxy - a killer Australian Hop, Challenger - a classic British hop and Moteuka - one of our favourite New Zealand hops.
Can you say you've ever experienced 100% pure hop awesomeness? IPA is Dead is brewed and bottled to do just that!
And just to make Hop Slam Wednesday even better, we will be giving you a sneak preview of the upcoming Anarchist Alchemist on draft.
A 14% IPA Evolution. Taking our favourite beer style to the next level, Anarchist Alchemist is a triple dry hopped triple IPA.
According to our rock 'n roll brewer Graeme, this beer is going to rip you, straight to your tits. Not quite sure how that works, but I am exciting. Hop titillation is the best kind.
- just got the email, just ordered a 3 pak. yaldi TheBunnet20.03.2012
- Maybe brewdog should use all hop pellets since there so great. Could pass on the savings to there customers, everybody's a winner revolting20.03.2012
- (Our shareholders will get the chance to order the bottle set online the afternoon before.) how is this going to happen? do we get an email or something xxxX20.03.2012
- When these going to be available in online shop? live 180miles from nearest brewdog bar mico20.03.2012
- Really looking forward to trying these! Do you have a favourite one? Also, how much is a bottle and how much is a four-pack? jamestulloch20.03.2012
- Where the fuck can i get this awesome beers in germany?! Maybe via the online shop...I need them all!!!!
- Hop Pellets are great - just mashed up hops. We use a mix of flowers and pellets depnding on how we are using the hops.
Some world class craft brewers such as Stone, Lagunitas and Three Floyds just use pellets.
- Hop Pellets undergo the same drying process as hop flowers.
Pretty much all the world's best craft brewers use pellets.
They are just mashed up hop flowers - like chopping an onion before adding it to a stock.
- Yeah as with all products fresh ingredients are allways better than dried.
Suppose thats why the commercial brewers are always going to be inferior to the craft home brewers.mel b19.03.2012
- Been allgrain brewing for nearly 30 years now. Tried hop pellets and plugs, but nothing comes close to lovely fresh hop flowers, have to be fresh though. petey19.03.2012
- Hmmm to tempting :) might pop over to Nottingham after work :)
- Will it be available in Sweden? Henrik19.03.2012
- In Anarchist Alchemist we use Citra, Cascade, Chinook and Centennial Hops.
The bottled version is still around 10 days away from being available. We keeged some for a special Hop Slam Wednesday preview :)
- All the world's best craft brewes use hop pellets. They are just mashed up hops.
From what I believe BrewDog use a mix of flowers and pellets depending on how they are using them. Pellets are much more effective for dry hopping.
- what happened to simcoe? Stephanos18.03.2012
- When will AA be available to buy in bottle? Not up for puting an order in for IPAID then another a week later for AA. Also, are you able to tell us what hops are in AA? BenH18.03.2012
- Arggggg.... hop pellets! mel b18.03.2012
- I hope I will be able to get both IPA is Dead, AA and Hop Kills from the webshop... Toto18.03.2012
- Does Brewdog have a Dogfish Head style "Randell"? MORRRR HOPPS!!!!1!!! Simon18.03.2012
- BOOM selection! dodge18.03.2012