I Hardcore You Wednesday & The Imperial Pilsner
This Wednesday is Hop Slam Wednesday (30th May) in all BrewDog bars as we see the return of I Hardcore You and the launch of BrewDog's Imperial Pilsner on draft.
Hoppy-proceedings will start at 7pm in BrewDog Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Camden, Nottingham, Newcastle and Manchester.
I Hardcore You is a 9.5% Imperial India Pale Ale, an international collaborative effort between 2 of Europe's most rock 'n roll brewers. a beer which proved firm favourite with hop heads in 2011.
This beer is a blend of Hardcore IPA and Mikkeller’s I Beat You (2 of our favourite beers). After the blending, the beer was then dry hopped a further twice. Making I Hardcore You a beer which has been dry hopped four times, or maybe even six times. We kinda lost count.
The event will also see other hoppy favourites from both Mikkeller and BrewDog on tap and n bottle.
If that was not enough, we will also be showcasing our new Imperial Pilsner on draft, a one time only small batch brew designed to be the most hoppy, bad ass mother fucker of a pilsner ever. Yes, ever. This beer will only be available on keg for a very limited time.
Our Imperial Pilsner is a 10% hop monster brewed with wicked American hops; Simcoe, Cascade and Amarillo). And them dry hopped with favourite American hops, most of which being with C (Chinook, Centennial, Cascase and Cimcoe (Simcoe actually)). We put so much dry hops in it that we only got a 55% yield from the already batch. We don't care, it tastes awesome.
James, Charlotte and the Imperial Pilsner
We wanted to take one of the most demonised and abused beers in the UK (the super lager) and make it blow people's minds and smash their perception of what a pilsner can be. Bottom fermented with our lager yeast for 3 weeks to hit 9.5% we then lagered the beer before intensive dry hopping.
Here is how we (or specifically George) brewed it:
If you can't make it along you can buy some I Hardcore You here http://www.brewdog.com/product/i-hardcore-you
Posted in - brewdog-news
- i had the imperial pilsner yesterday. Thought it was very nice BenH01.06.2012
- that's a bonnie looking brewsheet Mr.Woods bowman30.05.2012
- I absolutely adore I Beat You and I do rather like a Hardcore IPA too... so naturally, I can't wait to try this one! With any luck, I'll be in tonight. Joe Brock30.05.2012
- Is the I Hardcore You going to be on draft? Beerpluslife30.05.2012
- Brilliant stuff. Had a bottle of I Hardcore You at the weekend, it's even better than Hardcire IPA! Can't wait to try the Pilsner.
- I am totally in.
BrewDog Newcastle here I come.
Ground Dog. 29.05.2012
- The Imp Pilsner sounds insane. Can't wait to try it.