Laura is back, as our Marketing Manager for the next few months. She sources awesome looking growlers, keyrings which are pretty useless at opening bottles, looks after our BrewDog merchandise, buys outfits on Ebay for video blogs and helps on pretty much all our marketing projects. Oh and she also tries to set up meetings with Sir Richard Branson.
Over to Laura:
It is great to be back in Scotland for the second summer in a row. The UK is such a beautiful country and has a culture and personality that I thoroughly enjoy. Last year I felt like such a tourist, but upon returning everything is so familiar and literally feels like a second home. A car driving down the left side of the road doesn’t phase me a bit.
But to be honest, I’m most excited about returning to BrewDog. When I left last August the bar in Aberdeen was just finishing construction and now there are multiple bars in Scotland and plans for London! Watching BrewDog expand across the UK and the rest of the world these past 8 months from my snowy home in Michigan was so exciting, much more so than the classes I was attending. How could I not return to a company that has nearly doubled in size over the past year? Besides, the beers are tough to find in the states, and now I can find them in any local supermarket, bar, or shop.
It’s not often that you find a company that strives not only to be different, but to challenge social acceptances and provoke new ideas and thoughts. It seems like everyone here has that common passion and vision in them which is why BrewDog is such a great organization to be a part of. It’s standard for university students to have summer internships in stuffy offices doing boring tasks with unhappy people. Sorry, not for me. The excitement and passion that everyone involved in BrewDog has is addictive and inspiring, I couldn’t imagine a better experience.
These next few months at BrewDog here in Scotland are going to be great. I love talking to others who are passionate about the company and the revolution that they are creating in the beer industry. Perhaps I’ll see some of you at one of the many BrewDog bars here!
If you have any new BrewDog Merchandise suggestions, leave them below and if you are lucky, they will appear on our online shop soon!
- Brewdog boxers. With "Brewdog" all over the waistband.
Brewdog-inspired-food recipes. For food perfectly created to be drank with various brewdog beers or actually using the beers themselves as an ingredient.
Brewdog Sauce? to put on burgers/or steaks?
As summer is coming up:
Brewdog beer coolers.
Brewdog swimming shorts
Brewdog wrist bands? Like the T in the Park sort of ones, made of a fabric rather than rubber?
Brewdog Flags to be taken to festivals or hung up around flats
A brewdog nodding dog for cars. Or brewdog fuzzy dice. Or something?
How about making James a Brewdog scarf? Or a brewdog toupée?Davis13.06.2011
- Women's clothing. I'd quite like a Brewdog summer skirt Becca11.06.2011
- Brewdog y fronts Undercrackers11.06.2011
- Long-sleeved "tees", Merino wool tees, women's-cut tees. MaltJerry10.06.2011
- How about brewdog false beards to infiltrate CAMRA meetings? yes10.06.2011
- How about Brewdog kilts? You can start off with a modern one like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRIGHTON-ALTERNATIVE-UTILITY-KILT-BLACK-size-46-KILTS-/360367685713?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item53e7968051 then put the logo either on the front panel (maybe at an angle with only 2 thirds of it showing) or across the pleats at the back. Sorry if this is too insane, something to do with the Tokyo* I had in Edinburgh yesterday... Alex Wilson`10.06.2011
- If it's going to be a bottle opener it needs to be a zap cap Gaz10.06.2011
- Monthly BrewDog mix CD or a Last.fm account of tunes being pumped out in the brewery. tom10.06.2011
- A Brewdog domino set or dart flights. Cheers10.06.2011
- A Brewdog tankard with a strap to attach it to your belt Cheers10.06.2011
- Brewdog paper bags for drinking on park benches Gav10.06.2011
- http://www.cannyscot.com/WatneysParty.htm Gav10.06.2011
- Party 7s Gav10.06.2011
- how about a Brewdog iPhone case with built in bottle opener? Seen some around but just not punk enough!! BigDUK10.06.2011
- sandals Gav10.06.2011
- temporary tattoo - the BrewDog logo Ötzi10.06.2011
- I want a mouse mat and a Bracken bobblehead for my work desk! Nathaniel Southwood10.06.2011
- A Laura bikini calendar? with her Michigan snowboots on Andy09.06.2011
- Brewdog 'coke can' logo sleeves to slip over Punk cans so they can be drunk where beer isn't allowed to be drunk (London underground, skateparks, convents etc)
'security guard' sweaters with the plasticy shoulder and elbow patches in black with the blue brewdog logo on the chest.
Brewdog parifinalia for VW campers: mountable bottle openers, window stickers, dash mountable beer holders, camping chairs.
Home brew kits.
I hope Laura isn't paid much, this is easy.Tom Marsden09.06.2011
- neoprine can coolers or stubbie coolers would be top o the pops Roddy c09.06.2011
- A pin clip and a double sided sticky pad will turn any Brew Dog bottle top into a smart punk badge. You could give them away. john rolph09.06.2011
- Need a brewdog beer fridge please Peter Griffin, BBC309.06.2011
- More Brewdog keyrings please. And how about Brewdog marmite? Dave09.06.2011
- I forgot to mention a couple of things. Someone misspelled Michigan on the Blog title. Also Laura, I need two favors. Do the Jedi Mind Trick on James and Martin and have them open up a bar in Dallas TX. The other is when you come back to the states can you bring me a bottle or 200? I'll pay for them. Hasve fun!
- Well I have a couple. How about BrewDog labeled golf clubs or baseball bats? That way fans around the world can tee off on crap beers. These can also be used at the BrewDog bars. Patrons bring in a crappy beer bottle and they can smash it onsite. Maybe make a contest out of it.
How about a BrewDog recipe book? Dozens and dozens of recipes integrating BrewDog beers. Like 77Lager Beer Can Chicken, Tokyo Bar-B-Q Ribs, etc.
This last one is X Rated, but I think we're all grown ups here. Hardcore Flavored Lube. Just sayin'Bracken's Bitches09.06.2011
- How about an app that tells us what's on tap at the bar at any time. The Tap App. Gary09.06.2011
- Need some BrewDog grilling equipment. Got to start the summer right. Whatever it is just throw a bottle opener on it and you're ready to rock. Gregory DeMorro09.06.2011
- Stubby coolers for bottles of TNP? Charles May09.06.2011
- @Tophat Brewdog boxers!
Also how about a brewdog camal bag, so we can have punk IPA through a straw on those long summer bike rides.Fezzles09.06.2011
- i'm from England, and my friend and I took a 'straight shot' drive from bury st edmunds to aberdeen ... 10 hours, 542 miles and a hell of a load of s**t radio later we were there. the atmosphere in the bar was electric! and we wanted to take it home ... so why not make a 'doggy bag' ... everything you need to create a brewdog bar AT HOME! .... brewdog bottle opener, brewdog growlers,brewdof tin sign, a cd of all the live music you get in the bars, temporarary tattos, a bar staff shirt .. ect
i know i'd enjoy it :) xchristopher thompson09.06.2011
- A Brewdog fleece or jacket would be good for those of us who are too old for hoodies. MKC09.06.2011
- bike jerseys tinez09.06.2011
- It would be nice to see things like a brutel "Punk IPA" backgammon set, cruel pokerchips with all the bears logos on different chips or a deck of cards with "Hello, my name is Inga" Mats Nordin09.06.2011
- Hoodys, Fleeces, Gloves, shorts!, beer and food matching book, towels, cushion covers, tea cosys, mugs. bed linen? Steve Lamond09.06.2011
- lets hear it for the brewdog boxers
- Need "American" sized work shirts! As they don't stretch, the XL I got as a gift is too tight. The beer fit just right though. Horst Draper09.06.2011
- Stickers and window stickers seem like a good idea. Have many thinks to stick them on.
Some kind of bag with insulated beer pockets is a good idea too.
A belt bottle opener would be another idea too.Rob M09.06.2011
- Brewdog stickers for ma fiddle case! Great advertisement for you at the venues I travel to. Hup! Duncan Ledingham09.06.2011
- Stone brewery already offers that kind of doggy snack Gabriel suggests, so why not?
And yeah, cooler bag, room for six bottles and cooler pack would be great! Some kind if metal cup to bring on the picnic. :)Stromma09.06.2011
- Clear stickers (not tattoos). I have some stuff that would look great with a Brewdog badge on it! John Whitener09.06.2011
- I would love to see full size posters for sale. Similar to the ones you can download @ http://www.brewdog.com/downloads Mark Richards09.06.2011
- Bandana, army cap, skateboard deck, growler cooler bag, jacket, sew-on patches, smart phone cases, bar lights on sale to all not just trade, "cuddly toy.... Didn't he do well!" Jon09.06.2011
- How about a Brewdog cooler back pack with pouches to hold the growler or cool cans Russell09.06.2011
- Tshirts in XXXL. Proper been drinking beer for years sizes. Oh and I bet Bracken is rolling about laughing at the suggestion of veggie doggy snacks. Ian Prise09.06.2011
- "I would love a beer opening brew dog keyring please "
that would be nice, a keyring that u can use without starting to bleed on your fingers :)Magnus09.06.2011
- Simple......... Clothing in XXL sizes please! John Parkhouse09.06.2011
- I work for a local printing company and we can pretty much print on anything. Screenprinting is available in any size and any material from metal to perspex. How about baby clothes or Brewbog wrapping paper? Paul Hendry09.06.2011
- It would be great to see some veggie snacks for dogs produced with your used malts. Gabriel09.06.2011
- Brewdog Growlers. Preferably with the facility to fill them at the various Brewdog pubs as well. Matt McPherson09.06.2011
- I would love a beer opening brew dog keyring please Rusty09.06.2011
- I don't have a dog, but wouldn't a brewdog bandana for dogs be awesome? It designs itself. Neil, eatingisntcheating.blogspot.com09.06.2011